Cisse Breaks His Leg.

Jockstar

As above. This from BBC sports.

Cisse out of Cup with broken leg

Cisse faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being stretchered off

Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse is out of the World Cup after breaking his right leg in France's friendly against China on Wednesday.

The 24-year-old was knocked off balance by a defender 10 minutes into the game and fell, his right leg twisting under him and buckling above the ankle.

Cisse, who had been tipped to leave Liverpool this summer, had immediate surgery on a fractured tibia.

France coach Raymond Domenech said: "He has an open fracture of the tibia."

Domenech added: "It's a vicious blow to all of us."

Cisse, who broke his left leg while playing for Liverpool in October 2004, had been linked with a move to Marseille after the World Cup.

606 VIEW

The man is incredibly unlucky. Hopefully he will come back from this broken leg as well as the last one

EW

606: Have your say

He will now spend the closed-season recovering from his operation, with an eye on returning to action some time in 2006-2007.

In the game itself, Cisse was replaced by David Trezeguet, who went on to score France's opener. The French won the game 3-1.

Ex-Arsenal and Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka, now of Fenerbahce, and Barcelona's Ludovic Giuly are in line to replace Cisse in the French squad.

Domenech said: "We don't know the name of his replacement yet, we want to take our time in order to make the right decision.

"This is a big shock and a huge trauma for the team."

Although he was part of France's 2002 World Cup squad, Cisse missed Euro 2004 after being given a five-game ban following a sending off in an Under-21 match.

During qualification for the finals Cisse was France's leading scorer with four goals.

Feel sorry for the Liverpool fans too. Although i had heard there was talks of a transfer for him in the closed season.

That's why you need to feel sorry for the Liverpool fans - 8 million or so wiped out from their transfer kitty.

Feel sorry for the Liverpool fans too. Although i had heard there was talks of a transfer for him in the closed season.

That's why you need to feel sorry for the Liverpool fans - 8 million or so wiped out from their transfer kitty.

As a Man City fan, that bit doesn't bother me. :o In fact i wish it would happen to the majority of the Man U team :D Ooooh, did i really say that :D Only messin Red, nev jjp :D