CAN ANY ONE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO TO BE ABLE TO BRING MY THAI GIRLFRIEND TO THE UK FOR A HOLIDAY.

SHE HAS NO VISA OR PASSPORT AT THE MOMENT.

ANY INFORMATION CONTACT NAMES OR NUMBERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

MANY THANKS.

MARC

FIRST OF ALL ANY VISA APPLICATION MADE ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS WILL LIKELY BE REFUSED. :o

That said, you need to take a few things into account..

How long have you been together? They'll want you to prove you have a genuine relationship.

Does she have a stable job, property, or children in Thailand? This would show that she has solid ties here and would be less likely to stay in the UK.

If she has her own money it looks better than if you are paying her way. One friend of mine went through this and what tipped the scales toward her visa being approved was a declaration from the girl's sister, along with some financial data, that she would ensure that the girl would have funds to return to Thailand if things went bad.

A Thai passport takes about 1-2 weeks. My wife just got a new one.

good luck

cv

It actually makes me sick to think how difficult it is for Thai women to get into the UK. When you think of the hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers who get in and are granted residency in the UK every year it is appaling.

I have taken my missus to England twice on a tourist visa and both times she was interviewed by some snotty English bitch in the embassy who asked her questions which hinted that she might be, or once was, a prostitute. She was actually turned down on one occasion.

Well, I hope the situation improves but can't see it doing so in the near future.

Anyway, after she has a passport she will need to apply at the British Embassy. She has to fill out a form and pay a fee which is quite costly, I believe, for a settlement visa. She can obtain the appropriate forms from the embassy or you can get them yourself from www.fco.gov.uk

Fill them in for her and get her to sign them. If you have a house and can prove that, it will go in her favour. If not and you're living with your parents, then get them to write a letter to include in the application, that says she will be staying with them and you.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Rob's right but he understates the situation. I can prove the British Embassy are fabricating applicants responses to suit thier biases.

I'm living in N.E. Thailand with my Thai fiancee and we went to the British Embassy last week for an interview for a visa for her so we could go to the Uk in April so I could have a much needed operation and possibly get married at the same time.

The interviewer told my girlfriend that she (the interviewer) was busy and didn't have lot of time so she (my fiancee) was to answer questions and not ask them.

My girl took with her a folder with every single bill and receipt I've spent since I've been living in Khon Kaen, copies of the deeds and land registry of our house in her name, copies of the finance agreement of our new car in her name, copies of the birth certificate of her 10 year old daughter who lives with us, a copy of the letter from our solicitors (Tilleke & Gibbins) about them acting for us to secure a Marriage Visa in oder for me to stay with her in Thailand and even pictures of our 6 month old shitzu dog.

The application was refused on the grounds that "you have stated you intend to settle in the Uk with your boyfriend and we are satisfied that you do not intend to leave the UK on completion of your stay". She said nothing of the kind.

There is a box on the refusal form for my girls comments about the decision which is blank because she was not asked to comment.

There is a statement on the refusal form that says "The contents have been translated to me in Thai" - they weren't.

She was then asked to sign a form written in English that she couldn't understand - so naturally she refused to sign - she was told by a Thai colleague of the interviewer that is was "mai samkhan" - not important.

I've looked for an emoticon to describe how I feel but they don't quite fit !!!