Ninja 300..?

Great little bike, good acceleration, great fuel economy if not red-lined all the time, very light.

I installed a suspension lowering kit (front and rear) so my 42 kg, 154 cm wife can ride it.

Here are a few of my Ninja 300 older topics:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/665630-which-shops-stock-ninja-300/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/682257-lowering-ninja-300-for-dummes/

The only one negative I've found so far is when it gets hot (like when I come to Korat after 100 km of highway riding at up to the max bike's speed), the gear shifter becomes a little sticky and loud when changing gears. It goes back to normal after it cools down a bit. I'm thinking it needs better oil, the bike has just over 2000 km on the clock, so 1000 km after the oil change, but it's already dark, I will change it one more time for a mineral oil before switching to full synthetic. That should take care of the problem.

If you have any specific questions, fire away!

Edited by Shurup
  • Like 1

Thanks Shurup,

Thats the sort of reviews I would like. Positives and negatives.

Still unsure what to get, keep getting side tracked or rathered mugged for my money :)

Got enough land now though, so after next off shore gig it's bike time.

Will get the rest of my protective gear in U.K next month.

Anymore owners out there with something to add?

If you're trying to choose between the 2, try at least sitting on them.

I found a CBR too uncomfortable for me, the seat - fuel tank curve is just weird, too much pressure on my nuts when I sit in the otherwise comfortable position on CBR, Ninja was just great, no pressure at all in that sensitive area when sitting comfortable.

Also the Ninja is more upright sitting position while CBR was more leaned forward, that surely would put more strain on the arms on a long ride.

Sit on both for a few min and try to imagine how it would feel sitting longer...

• Like 1

I think the cbr's look pretty boring and love the style of the ninja.

good bike, had a few trips on it (about 2500 on the odo) and it is indeed very light so easy in traffic.

the only downside I experienced is that it is a 300 so it is no monster but on the other side you dont really need more on the thai roads

• Like 1