Thai Festival 2006 - London, August 13th

For those that are in Blighty over August this year: The Battersea Park Thai Festival is on August 13th this year from 10am until the Singha tent runs dry.

The organisers tell me they have had a slight rethink on the layout this year and slightly reduced the number of stalls to give more space to those that have been lucky enough to get a pitch (the price went up to meet it of course).

The summer is expected to be a hot one, so hopefully we will not be practically rained out of existance like last year. Hopefully there will not be a bomb scare this year either!!! :D

Last year several of us met up and tried our hardest to run them out of beer :D . So post below if you can make it and I'll try to arrange a meet up on the day. :o

Mrs has a stall, so I'll be there early (like last year) and will get in for free again :D

I thinks she's dancing this year (classical, not gogo/pole) - she played the Kim last year.

For those that haven't been before: Its a family affair with zillions of Thais and Farangs; beer, Thai wine and Sabai-mixer tents; food stalls; music (pop and classical); dancing; shows; film crews; famous Thai visitors (if you can spot them); Thai arts and crafts; Other Thai stuff; sunshine (hopefully); lots of smelly portaloos :D ; monks and us.

Edited by wolf5370

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Battersea Park Thai Festival is on August 13th this year

Yes ...its in the Diary............... :D

Got me Beany Hat,Khao San Shorts, old Cambodian T shirt and the genunine fake Ray banns that I bought from the nice lady with the stall on walking St in Patti ....o around.... 1984...she said that they would last ..."long time"......cool man ...cool.. :D

So much to do....and Sooooo little time :o:D

Also if anyone over "ere is interested and in the mood for a warm up pratice run earlier in August then dont miss out on the.................

Great British Beer Festival

Earls Court, London, 1st-5th August 2006

The Great British Beer Festival will be held at Earls Court for the first time this year and is expected be the biggest and best beer festival with over 450 real ales available for visitors to sample.

Also known as the Biggest Pub in the World, the festival plays host to a wide range of beers and real lagers from the UK and around the world.

This is the largest showcase for real ale and is the perfect place to visit if you want to find out more about real ale or if you have some favourite beers that you want to rediscover. :D

Sanuk..sanuk..Hic...

The Battersea Park Thai Festival is on August 13th this year

Got me Beany Hat,Khao San Shorts, old Cambodian T shirt and the genunine fake Ray banns that I bought from the nice lady with the stall on walking St in Patti ....o around.... 1984...she said that they would last ..."long time"......cool man ...cool.. :o

Hmm, you mean you havent included the free Chang bandana from last years event??

Mine came in mighty handy for a hankie...

Anyway, I'll see you all there.

The beer fest also sounds like a nice day out, will see what I can do :D

gonna mark it in the diary now...

me n the mrs missed out last year but will try to get there this time

:o

Maybe we can get a few of us, we can all chip in for a minibus, i dont mind driving being a non drinker :D Me and the wife, you and your missus, i have a friend and his thai missus would probably be up for it. Get that monkey from cheltenham with us :D

:D

Maybe we can get a few of us, we can all chip in for a minibus, i dont mind driving being a non drinker :D Me and the wife, you and your missus, i have a friend and his thai missus would probably be up for it. Get that monkey from cheltenham with us :D

ok drive!

from the 666 camp there could be up to 8 adults, 2 kids

reckon you should take us up in a 40ft trailer or a waggon-and-drag from your work mate... not sure a minibus will be big enough :o

Edited by rio666uk

ok drive!

reckon you should take us up in a 40ft trailer or a waggon-and-drag from your work mate... not sure a minibus will be big enough :o

No worries mate i will get a roof rack and strap the Thais to the top, they wont mind, will make them feel like home :D

That will be ok mate, you can get 16 seater mini buses, so there is 8 of you 4 of us and totty if we can drag his ass down from chelt, so 3 spare seats :D

For those that are in Blighty over August this year: The Battersea Park Thai Festival is on August 13th this year from 10am until the Singha tent runs dry.

The organisers tell me they have had a slight rethink on the layout this year and slightly reduced the number of stalls to give more space to those that have been lucky enough to get a pitch (the price went up to meet it of course).

Must be ESP working Wolfie, I was just gonna post to see what's up. I hadn't seen anything yet from web surfing. I'll look forward to seeing all of you fine gents and yer missus's once again. Let's hope the weather is more cooperative this year.

Feel free to PM or email as the time gets closer. Maybe we can get together for a meet. Is the Singha tent giving out hankies like that Chang tent did last year? :o

Well me and Rio are currently in disscussion about minibuses from the west country, he reckons he can get 8 together i reckon on 5 of my lot and will see if we can squeeze tots in as well :o

So with a bit of luck 14 of the west country crew will descend of the party :D

so what about you northeners? Redrus? Bojangles? Scouse? Get yourselves a minibus and come and join the party, we could make this the offical uk thai visa pissup. :D

Maybe we could have a word with Geroge,doc and Huski and maybe offer to wear Thai visa tshirts for a small fee, good bit of free advertising, maybe hand out flyers :D

Well me and Rio are currently in disscussion about minibuses from the west country, he reckons he can get 8 together i reckon on 5 of my lot and will see if we can squeeze tots in as well :o

So with a bit of luck 14 of the west country crew will descend of the party :D

Unfortunately I'm no longer in Coventry full time or I would have room for three. But hope to meet up with everyone for a brewski or twoski. Cheers!

:D

ok drive!

reckon you should take us up in a 40ft trailer or a waggon-and-drag from your work mate... not sure a minibus will be big enough :D

'loose the kids............... :D:D:o

OK, so far we have:

Rin

The Butcha

Daley

Rio

Tots

Spee

Redrus

Chon

and Ben (It was a 'yea' ben? or just an infanticide comment?) :o

Any news on Mr BoJangles or Scouser (if he has the time with his new Service Co.)

it more Info on the day..... :o

The Thai Food Festival

Sunday 13th August. 11am to 7pm. Battersea Park Events Arena.

Enter via Chelsea Gate. Ticket prices TBC.

The annual festival providing the chance for visitors to sample all things Thai returns to Battersea Park for 2006. Food stalls, fresh produce, crafts, souvenirs & fabrics will feature

info about and how to GET there....... :D maps -bus-train-car-bike-walking..

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/Home/Leisurea...s/gettingto.htm

...from the T.R.A...

Every year, the Thai Restaurant Association and its sponsors present London’s annual festival of Thai Food and Culture.

This popular festival which attracts thousands of people, celebrates the exotic cuisine and rich culture of this beautiful country which has bewitched the hearts of British food lovers and holidaymakers alike.

For one day every year, Battersea Park is transformed into a Thai village.

Over 40 stalls serve hot food, Thai drinks, souvenirs, crafts and fresh fruit and vegetables. Entertainment is provided by Thai musicians, dancers, martial artists and performers.

Everything combines to bring you all the sights, sounds and flavours of Thailand’s distinctive culture.

This is a fantastic opportunity for people from all backgrounds to take advantage of the July sunshine in one of London’s most beautiful parks.

If you’d like to find our more about the festival this website should provide you with all the information you need to plan your visit and get the most from the occasion.

We look forward to seeing you at the next festival :D

Two more then (so far):

Rin

The Butcha

Daley

Rio

Tots

Spee

Redrus

Chon

Ben

Jackr

and opothai

Probably meet at the beer tent as that's strangley were we seem to accumulate anyway :o

I'll try and take some kind of TV sybolism (T-Shirt or flag) so head for it if you see it. I'll send a PM to everyone on the list when its nearer.

Wolf

Thanks for posting this - didnt know about this venue - will be there with the GF hope to meet you and some of the guys

Wonder if I can get some ( sounds like ) Papaya Pok Pok for her to eat - she's always on about buying this when were in Bangkok - hot as hel_l :o

Thanks again

Johnb

Two more then (so far):

Rin

The Butcha

Daley

Rio

Tots

Spee

Redrus

Chon

Ben

Jackr

and opothai

Probably meet at the beer tent as that's strangley were we seem to accumulate anyway :D

I'll try and take some kind of TV sybolism (T-Shirt or flag) so head for it if you see it. I'll send a PM to everyone on the list when its nearer.

I've just been told that the party I'm going back to the UK for is on the 13th and not the 12th, which is what I originally thought it was on. So looks like I'll have to miss out. Bit of a shame as I was wanting Mrs Jack to see a piece of home as no doubt she'll be gagging for som tam by that time.

Maybe next year. :o

johnb - Plenty of grub for the Mrs including Som Tam (Pok Pok - Papaya Salad) - usually some varieties too like Mango version (yum) or Cucumber version (yuk). Food is not something that's hard to find at the festival.

jackr - Sorry to hear that you can't make it. If your Mrs is gaging for a bit of home, then send her along instead - we'll look after her :o:D

I'm the small bald fat one with glasses

Ah not too hard to spot then, amongst the other several thousand short fat bald farangs with glasses then. Bit like Spee last year - 'I'll be the one with the umbrella' - on the wettest day of the year! :D

Edited by wolf5370