Which small scooter / motorbike is suitable for bigger/taller people?

Not interested in getting a 'real' motorcycle as this would be just for the Mrs. or the maid to use to go to the market, however it would be a bonus if I fit on it as well, and I'm 6ft 4. So when doing tight cornering / weaving through traffic, the handlebars might hit my knees on most small scooters.

This happens for example on something Scoopy sized, or the Honda Zoomer X.. Funnily enogh the ancient designs are a lot better in this respect (Honda Dream) and also the PCX is okay, though that's already too much motorcycle for my tastes.

Any thoughts on which type/brand would be relatively comfortable for adults Farangs, while still in the small / 30K-60K or so price range?

Maybe a Nouvo SX?

Pretty sure it has a longer wheelbase than the 110/115cc bikes so might feel roomier.

Caveat:

I have an older Nouvo Elegance which is the same frame as the SX but my 40kg girlfriend thinks its too big and won't ever try to ride it.

Be a shame to buy a bike they are afraid to ride.

Edited by ttakata
  • Like 1

They don't make those little moped looking things for large people.Ya might be ok riding some of them.I would get A motorcycle.

You will feel more comfortable.Just be careful on Thailand roads.It't the wild Wild West out there.

I would say a Nuovo as well I had one & the bike will accomodate 6'4 inches. I had a friend that I would let use once in a while & he didn't have many leg issues. Short of a scooter in general is nothing like a big bike where you have lots of room to move.

I had the same problem.

Because I don't like manual gear changing, I used a Wave AUTO.

But I prefer "scooter-style" bikes, because they make the small shopping much easier.

So I've bought a Yamaha TTX recently (a little bit ugly, I know tongue.png).

But this bike (and the Fino) have real handlebars, which can be easily replaced by higher ones!

Problem solved.

The new one

post-158247-0-85785400-1397788481_thumb.

Original

post-158247-0-49118000-1397788541_thumb.

Edited by Turkleton
  • Like 1

I'm 6ft 6.5"" and I have no problem on a Scoopy. Prefer it to a PCX

6ft 4" and the same, no problems on the Scoopy, though I would prefer a motor bike.

At the end of the day, it depends on the length of your legs, especially the lower legs.

I could steer all the Scoopy, Mio, Fino, etc. with my knees.

Even the PCX or Nouvo are problematic, if you have long legs.

A friend of mine, with the same size like me (6.3"") has absolutely no problems, enough space between handlebars and knees, but the seating position makes him look like a monkey on his bike. biggrin.png.

Raising the handlebars (if possible) is imho a quick and cheap solution.