Thinking about a future in Thailand

kovaltech

I am not resident in Thailand, only visiting my wife on a non-immigrant O visa, multiple entry's

I am building, for own purpose, here in Thailand, little machines, which are patentable.

Can i make a Thai patent, using a Thai adress from my wife, on my name and an eventual Future Thai business partner ?

This to protect my rights, future wise.

Same as for already protecting a future Trademark ?

Future wise i am looking for Thai company's to build them.

Can i use the words Thai technology , made in Thailand, being an alien ?

Does applying for a patent in Thailand requires a WP ?

There are different type of patent that you can consider:

• Patent

• Invention

• Product design

There is also the Petty Patent - when your product (invention or design) does not qualify for the Patent

This process is open to all nationalities and countries that have enlisted themselves in the PCT (Patent Corporation Treaty). Basic and brief requirements are:

1. Petition form (for PCT)

2. Detail of the desired patent product (Thai and English).

The time frame around 30 months and the fee to the patent authority is 1330 Swiss Francs (because you are registering your patent with a global authority) plus our fees for filling.

To be able to use the words “Thai Technology” or “Made in Thailand” does not relate to the patent issue. It will be more involve in the production (manufacturing) process [i.e. place of origin]

If you do not manufacture this product in large amounts and do not market them the a work permit will not be required. But once you start manufacturing them large scale and selling them a work permit is required but you do not need one to simply apply for the patent.

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]