New Hardware house

dazk

Storage cabinets from Ban Amphur store - Episode 3

We are told new units will be delivered today, Friday. evening, They duly arrive both ready assembled. From their condition they are both clearly display models.

The larger unit has a damaged base and a damaged side panel. The middle unit is not the middle size unit with shelves but another large unit (hanging rail and no shelving) ............. with a damaged base unit !

Both rejected by us

Phone calls. They will get factory to deliver new units to us direct (about 1 week) but they will take no responsibilty for condition. Idea rejected of course ! Phone calls. Ok they will take responsibility.

Episode 4 in due course

Time will tell.

The question is if this is the fault of HW or from the franchisee, but your experience is a prime example of how it not should be.

Unfortunately it is also an example of how it is most of the time in Thailand.I wonder if they ever will learn.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-4 times the size? Really? Wow...have to visit that one. Global house in Rayong is probably 3-4 times the size, also...but no AC keeps me away from there! Just unbearable right now.

I'll have to check out this one also...thanks!

The one on the 36 sells mini excavators, wheeled loaders, dump trucks, rubber dingy's and all sorts, it really is huge. They also have household products like washing up liquid, floor cleaner etc,Some fantastic prices too.

I was in there one day and saw a 56" , 5 speed ceiling fan and it was only around 900 baht, did not buy it at the time, went back the following week with the intention of buying it - they were reduced to 545!!

It's well worth a visit. then you can go next door to the Shell service station and have a steak in the steakhouse restaurant there.tongue.png

Sounds like an excuse for a 'Road Trip' What say you craig?

Lenny, can you post the google co ordinates please or maybe a screen shot of the location, I drive that road quite often but cant remember seeing the store.

You can't miss the huge Shell gas station next door and the weigh bridge where they weigh all the trucks on the opposite side of the road.

Yes. If you get to the Shell Station you've gone about 50 yards too far.

Coordinates are approx N 12 49 26, E 101 07 58.

Episode 4 & final episode

Outstanding 2 units delivered, assembled, accepted and are just fine. As I said, nice staff and good prices so i hope they get these other frustrating issues sorted quickly.

I just revisited the store & was quite surprised at the selection especially tools. Some of the items look like they are from the U.S. And some are extremely hard to find in LOS. The staff were very polite & had a nice conversation with a gal that worked there. She was well versed in English skills. They were not overly pushy & now the store has the other 50% stocked so it was quite a different experience this time. No problem at the cashiers station easy to pay & I didn't notice anyone playing with their cell phones or sleeping. The prices on some items way better than the top contender hardware shops & the same or a little higher than other shops. You still have to shop around if your looking for the best price or product as always in LOS. I like that it is not far from Bang Saray. A definite plus. And the aircons are pumping in there unlike Global house in Rayong where you lose a kilo or 2 an hour in sweat. They did a very nice job with the place & believe me I am a Tim Allen Tool guy type of guy. The ol' lady goes clothes shopping I go hardware shopping.

Seen this thread so headed over there.

Went in via Sukhumvit entrance (as it seem to be 2 shops in one?). Looking at some bathroom cabinets, asked price, girl didn't know and went to ask colleague. Asked size (width), girl didn't know, wanted to go and ask colleague until I saw some boxes on top of shelf mentioning width-length-depth.

Went on to next row, fridges. The girl that couldn't answer any at the bathroom furniture followed us to the fridges, not even standing aside but in the middle of us four. Asked her if she planned to follow us all the way through the store she proudly said yes. Informed her that this was not necessary as we already have a puppy dog at home which is willing to jump and ride our legs whenever (not) needed. No success, she stayed on our heels (not figurative but really that close) so we saluted her and left the shop.

Off to Thai Watsadu where they also have plenty of staff but they won't bug you until you call them. After calling them they come to help immediately and when pointing out an item that doesn't work properly (in this case a foldable 1-step-stair which after complete defolding could hardly be folded again they started looking for a better working model, waived their supervisor and informed that supervisor that seemingly hardly any of the (in promotion) foldable 1-step-stairs were properly functioning once completely opened.

Went in via Sukhumvit entrance (as it seem to be 2 shops in one?). Looking at some bathroom cabinets, asked price, girl didn't know and went to ask colleague. Asked size (width), girl didn't know, wanted to go and ask colleague until I saw some boxes on top of shelf mentioning width-length-depth.

Went on to next row, fridges. The girl that couldn't answer any at the bathroom furniture followed us to the fridges, not even standing aside but in the middle of us four. Asked her if she planned to follow us all the way through the store she proudly said yes. Informed her that this was not necessary as we already have a puppy dog at home which is willing to jump and ride our legs whenever (not) needed. No success, she stayed on our heels (not figurative but really that close) so we saluted her and left the shop.

Off to Thai Watsadu where they also have plenty of staff but they won't bug you until you call them. After calling them they come to help immediately and when pointing out an item that doesn't work properly (in this case a foldable 1-step-stair which after complete defolding could hardly be folded again they started looking for a better working model, waived their supervisor and informed that supervisor that seemingly hardly any of the (in promotion) foldable 1-step-stairs were properly functioning once completely opened.

It appears that they are operating three distinct operations at the one location. If you enter using the door facing Sukumvit the first part of the store is the old Home Mart, where building materials, tile, fixtures, etc. are sold, as well as the showrooms for those fixtures

If you continue on, in the middle of the store to the left is the Numchai electronics area

After that are the register banks that lead to the Hardware House (new) part of the store. This is where you will find aisle after aisle of tools, electrical equipment, welders, paint, etc.

If you look closely you should note that the employees are all dressed differently. Those who work for Home Mart wear grey shirts with red piping and Home Mart logos, those who work for Hardware House wear darker blue shirts (same color as the HH logo) and the employees of Numchai wear no uniforms

It appears that they are operating three distinct operations at the one location. If you enter using the door facing Sukumvit the first part of the store is the old Home Mart, where building materials, tile, fixtures, etc. are sold, as well as the showrooms for those fixtures

If you continue on, in the middle of the store to the left is the Numchai electronics area

After that are the register banks that lead to the Hardware House (new) part of the store. This is where you will find aisle after aisle of tools, electrical equipment, welders, paint, etc.

If you look closely you should note that the employees are all dressed differently. Those who work for Home Mart wear grey shirts with red piping and Home Mart logos, those who work for Hardware House wear darker blue shirts (same color as the HH logo) and the employees of Numchai wear no uniforms

Numchai employees are naked ??w00t.gifw00t.gif

• 11 months later...

Thanks to longball53098 for the GPS location

found the store & it is just amazing

there are two staff there that speak very good english and understand many technical aspects of building and painting

One guy is easy to spot as he is very stocky for aThai and has slightly crossed eyes name sounds like Lurng usually found in the machine/power tool area straight ahead of the right hand side end till area as you go into the store.

I took out the proffesional company discount card as recommended by the till girl before she entered any purchases and saved around 10/15% as i spent over 5,000baht

and best of all they allow refunds & exchanges some of the stuff I had for a month before finding out it was the wrong item on returning it they allowed me to go pick the correct item then issued a refund chit through the till calculate whats owed or coming back to you and done deal

Saved approx 20/30K baht against HOMEPRO /HOME WORKS PRICES on my 3 visits

long trek but definitely worth it!!

Thanks to longball53098 for the GPS location

found the store & it is just amazing

there are two staff there that speak very good english and understand many technical aspects of building and painting

One guy is easy to spot as he is very stocky for aThai and has slightly crossed eyes name sounds like Lurng usually found in the machine/power tool area straight ahead of the right hand side end till area as you go into the store.

I took out the proffesional company discount card as recommended by the till girl before she entered any purchases and saved around 10/15% as i spent over 5,000baht

and best of all they allow refunds & exchanges some of the stuff I had for a month before finding out it was the wrong item on returning it they allowed me to go pick the correct item then issued a refund chit through the till calculate whats owed or coming back to you and done deal

Saved approx 20/30K baht against HOMEPRO /HOME WORKS PRICES on my 3 visits

long trek but definitely worth it!!

Congrats with your Employee of the Month award, well deserved tongue.png