Thai-born British citizen accused of lese majeste by her own parents

webfact

By the time Scotland becomes independent she'll be an old lady drawing her pension and there won't be a royal family in Thailand to disrespect.

Come to think of it there won't be a Thailand either... just another province of China.

would you like to say this in front of Thai people?

or bashing anonymously is more comfortable?

I think you are inferring that we cannot say what we think in front of Thai people for fear of our lives,and you are correct.So what does that tell you? PS I have been threaten for expressing an opinion.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If found guilty for disrespect, I hope she go to jail to the limit of the punishment. 5 years for every disrespect. That will be good for her. Thailand do not have such disrespectful people. We all love the king more than our parents. Don't believe me, just ask anything Thai you know.

How will that be good for her?

Accept the fact that times are changing - ask my kids, who are Thai citizens.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

i really hope one day she will face a fair trial and prison sentence if proven guilty. treason can't be tolerated in any culture!

I watch all her video in her FB already. Nice cleavage.

I cannot find it.

The facebook thingy...I'm not real good with facebook.

I'm sure I can find the cleavage if i can find the page.

If I give you a link, I could go to jail for 5 years.

Just google he name Chatwadee Rose Amornpat[/size].

I'd not recommend that as some people have been charged for just visiting such a facebook account.

She's a British citizen residing in London.

She can say what she wishes.

Not according to Thai law. In fact under Thai law, insulting any Royal globally can be punished.
she can give up her Thai passport for the uk one an problem solved. As for her parents they should be put in prison

I think you are inferring that we cannot say what we think in front of Thai people for fear of our lives,and you are correct.So what does that tell you? PS I have been threaten for expressing an opinion.

I think if you are afraid to express your opinion about somebody looking into his eyes - you better don't express it at all.

be a man.

Not according to Thai law. In fact under Thai law, insulting any Royal globally can be punished.
she can give up her Thai passport for the uk one an problem solved. As for her parents they should be put in prison

What exactly is the crime committed by the parents that they should be put in prison?

So hold on then, if she has committed a crime against a Thai law, that is a "global" Thai law, so can expect her to be extradited from the UK to Thailand anytime soon to face charges? Correct?

Will be interesting to see that go through the UK, then European legal system.

Beam her up Spock.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I cannot find it.

The facebook thingy...I'm not real good with facebook.

I'm sure I can find the cleavage if i can find the page.

If I give you a link, I could go to jail for 5 years.

Just google he name Chatwadee Rose Amornpat[/size].

I'd not recommend that as some people have been charged for just visiting such a facebook account.

facepalm.gif

How will that be good for her?

Accept the fact that times are changing - ask my kids, who are Thai citizens.

And that's why for a long time in Thailand children of farang father didn't acquire Thai citizenship. Grown up many of them become agents of influence of foreign cultures, forming a fifth column splitting the nation.

but later because of western powers pressure the law was changed

sad but true.

Edited by Jeffreyake

in Germany it's against the law to sieg heil, in thailand it's not.

this woman is in UK where she can voice her opinion. we don't have to agree with her BUT i'm glad people can voice their opinion in the uk. leftwing, rightwing, gay, muslims, etc.

case closed.

If found guilty for disrespect, I hope she go to jail to the limit of the punishment. 5 years for every disrespect. That will be good for her. Thailand do not have such disrespectful people. We all love the king more than our parents. Don't believe me, just ask anything Thai you know.

thanks for the comment judge farang..you and her dad drinking buddies ..thumbsup.gif
by his writing style, I don't believe he is a Farang...

very sad case but I can justify the parents. what they should do if there daughter become a traitor?

easy to imagine how she was brainwashed by degrading decadent leftist ideas in London which made her to bash monarchy - one of the values of her nation...

one more souls corrupted by decadent West...

it reminds me these Christian colleges in Thailand. Poor families save money for decades to give a "Western education" to their children, but these colleges manipulate them to betray there faith, implying that the adoption of Christianity leads to Western prosperity... What a joke...

so this parents get back an alien instead of there children...

this is how Western propaganda works.

Are you on a suicide mission,we welcome new blood on here when it gets boring.

If you do not have such people here then why does Thailand have a law that persecutes the so called "disrespectful" ?

Not all Thai's think this way and it is only when are away from this repressive legal system that they can feel free to express their true feelings!

Another example of "thainess"

Turning on your own just to save face.

I'm not entirely convinced, I'd like to read a full investigative journalism report on this case. TiT, so I guess that might not happen.

Enough then to observe that perhaps the greatest pressure to be placed on an Thai individual is parental pressure - maybe the parents themselves where 'encouraged' to file a report.

thanks for the comment judge farang..you and her dad drinking buddies ..thumbsup.gif
by his writing style, I don't believe he is a Farang...

I hope she go to jail. Thailand do not no have such disrespectful people.

but not thai either or he/she would have written it the way above...............................

biggrin.pngclap2.gif

Oh my god. What an unholy mess that is. She will never come back to Thailand now.

These laws have to be changed.

"have to be changed" = an impolite and arrogant demand by a foreigner who should mind his own business instead of criticising the laws of a sovereign country coffee1.gif

Thankfully (although, perhaps, a little unbelievably), you do have the right to love your king more than your own parents - what you should not have (and do not have) is the right to impose your ridiculous restrictions on free speech to citizens residing in other sovereign countries.......................

I suggest that if you have not already done so, is to view that woman`s facebook page. A lot of it is absolutely obscene and shocking.

As I have said many times on here in the past, there is a world of difference between what could be regarded as freedom of speech and outright provocation and abuse. Problem is that many people cannot differentiate between the two unless it becomes personal to them and they are on the receiving end of it.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I believe this woman is a front for some hard line possibly ultra right or even ultra left wing extremist group. She and whoever else associated with her are using the social media and Britain as a base to publish this bad propaganda against Thailand from what they consider as a safe distance, or in other words, look at me; I can throw stones at you but you can`t defend yourself and hit me back.

If you read a lot of the Thai bashing by some posters on these threads plus from others using the media as a tool to denigrate Thailand, then it becomes obvious that the country has many enemies.

Having had a bad experience in Thailand...and relating it here on this forum...does not make one an enemy of Thailand...an enemy of some Thaivisa forum members?...maybe...

What exactly is the crime committed by the parents that they should be put in prison?

The crime of grassing up their own child. Getting on their high horse shameful parents don't even deserve to be parents. Edited by Skint

I Do not blame them, she has possibly caused them a lot of problems with her remarks.

I can not understand how anyone could not find a better target in Thailand, starting with Taksin and crew, then thousands more in power that are selfish to the core. The fact she has not contacted her parents for so long also shows her character.

She could start closer to home with some of the MP's and there expense claims.

There is a coordinated media company against the monarchy, led by such infamous people like Andrew Marshall (a British journalist in Thailand), Robert Amsterdam (Candian lawyer) and others.

All of them are paid by whom, you guess?

BS proof please.

If you do not have such people here then why does Thailand have a law that persecutes the so called "disrespectful" ?

Not all Thai's think this way and it is only when are away from this repressive legal system that they can feel free to express their true feelings!

Suryia4 is a Thai female who lives in Scotland,many times you can tell from their name and their english their origen.Just give her the respect she deserves,ZERO.

i just asked anything Thai i know which in fact was my dog,he agreed with you,but added she should get a damn good thrashing as well as a good rodgering,oh hang on, she in the uk ,she at least probably getting the last one by the way i should say my thai -english canine phrasebook came in handy on this one.

Her parents are getting attacked from people in Thailand, due to her actions. basically the parents are protecting themselves. we dont know what threats they have had against them but im pretty sure its ugly. some of these people can get fanatical. sad all round

I believe that's what's happening on the ground. I don't think most parents would do what they've done otherwise. They know she'll be safe in the UK, but they are not safe in Thailand.

Ok. I did ask. And your wrong. Again. As usual.