It's Hot

T_Dog

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the news is looks like its gonna be like this for the next week so not much chance of buildings cooling down overnight....bonus thunderstorms for the weekend. Wife and largish entourage are off to a friends condo with a pool.....I'm staying home ...its going to get ugly at the condo.

Edited by mamborobert

You are not alone.

43 Celcius in Khon Kaen now.

If I complain, wife keeps saying......This is Thailandsmile.png

Wow, that is rough. Only time I ever experienced 43C was in Mae Hong Song on a motorcycle trip. We just kept going until it got dark, it was that hot.

It shows 37C (99F) right now in cm, whereas, in Bangkok it shows 35C(95F). Somehow, it's more bearable here than in Bangkok. Don't know the exact reasons why. At home, I need to get the a/c on due mainly to the computers running!

Let's hope it doesn't get to the stage where "it's so damn hot, little guys, their orange robes burst into flames"

Showing your age with that one.....smile.png

For sure. didn't anyone tell him the rest of the world went metric 40 years ago? tongue.png

How hot is it?

The cows are giving evaporated milk, the chickens are laying hard-boilded eggs and saw a dog-chasing a cat and they were both walkin....

It's hot but personally love training in the heat. Keep hydrated and keep the cadence above 90..be in the best shape of your life. bring on the heat....love it

Way to go yet. Highest recorded.

56.7 °C (134 °F) Furnace Creek Ranch (formerly Greenland Ranch), Death Valley, California

I spent a few days there and camping at night where the temperature reached 130 in the day and never below 100 at night. But it was a dry heat. biggrin.png

I remember one bad moment when I was at the ranch under a palm tree and needed to go about 10 meters to the next one across sand. That was a mistake and I don't know how the fire walkers do it.

Way to go yet. Highest recorded.

56.7 °C (134 °F) Furnace Creek Ranch (formerly Greenland Ranch), Death Valley, California

This isn't about the hottest place on earth, it's about having a hot day in Chiang Mai. Should we quote temperatures on Venus?

• Like 1

The maximum temperature ever recorded is 42.4 °C (108.3 °F) in May 2005 (Chiang Mai). I remember that period and it just took your breath away staying outdoors.

The average high for Chiang Mai from 1981-2010 is 36.5 for April and 34.2 for May.

Source Meteorological Dept. Thailand.

• Like 2

This topic is 'HOT' now........

I got a reading on my most accurate digital thermometer in our shady indoor/outdoor kitchen of 96f.............the highest yet this year. Going up in elevation next week for a break from this hellish temperature. Doi Chiang at 1,000mtrs+.

And I tell myself that this is my last summer in CM [for the last 13 years now].

i'm surprised at some of the remarks, particularly when the OP said he thought today is the hottest day he can recall in 8 years. the Thais in my house are very sensitive to heat and we haven't even turned on the A/C so far this year. were using fans. i'm in Sansai. i'd say today was warm but not unbearable. there were many days last year much hotter than today where we kept the A/C running 20 hours per day for weeks on end.

But yes, hot and my AC is barely keeping status quo inside at 28.

I am having the same problem. thumb_smileyvault-sweat.gif

Be very happy. I am in a teak top floor getting an even bake of 32 with AC.....downstairs was ok with fans but trying to get upstairs bedroom an early start on cooling with little luck so far.