Which airline gives best deal on oneway ticket to UK?

MESmith

How long is a piece of string?

Far too many variables to such a broad question, but generally the Indian airlines will be lower if you dont mind a long journey. Try jet and sri lankan, probably better to use sky scanner or kayak they can comparison all in one go.

How long is a piece of string?

Far too many variables to such a broad question, but generally the Indian airlines will be lower if you dont mind a long journey. Try jet and sri lankan, probably better to use sky scanner or kayak they can comparison all in one go.

No idea about the string Charlie mentions but 90% of the time Air India or Jet are the cheapest. Sri Lankan Air were the cheapest until they killed/murdered all those Muslims a few years ago and the price went up. These of course are all one-stop flights BUT you said the cheapest. Direct but NOT the cheapest is usually EVA.

• Like 1

For one-way, surprisingly, Emirates may be an option, I kid you not!

I would never take a 2nd rate ride and suffer hours on airport terminal hard seats to save a few hundred quid unless I was absolutely and utterly skint desperate and homeless, you'll loathe every sticky, gritty-eyed, dehydrated, cramped, miserable second of it, you only got so much time on the planet, don't waste it in transit!

• Like 1

For one-way, surprisingly, Emirates may be an option, I kid you not!

I would never take a 2nd rate ride and suffer hours on airport terminal hard seats to save a few hundred quid unless I was absolutely and utterly skint desperate and homeless, you'll loathe every sticky, gritty-eyed, dehydrated, cramped, miserable second of it, you only got so much time on the planet, don't waste it in transit!

I take it back. Singapore business class gives you the best value if you can't charter your own plane.

• Like 1

Sri Lankan Air were the cheapest until they killed/murdered all those Muslims a few years ago and the price went up.

Uh, they were Tamil Hindus - not Moslems. And that has nothing to do with the price of air travel.

• Like 1

Sri Lankan Air were the cheapest until they killed/murdered all those Muslims a few years ago and the price went up.

Uh, they were Tamil Hindus - not Moslems. And that has nothing to do with the price of air travel.

My bad. But when passenger planes are being shot at and the national carrier is unable to use the airport at night then that usually has an affect on potential flight prices.

All Bkk - Europe flights involved a night in a hotel in Colombo hence they were the cheapest flights for a long time. When the political problems stopped the prices went up. Coincidence? I think not.

My bad. But when passenger planes are being shot at and the national carrier is unable to use the airport at night then that usually has an affect on potential flight prices.

All Bkk - Europe flights involved a night in a hotel in Colombo hence they were the cheapest flights for a long time. When the political problems stopped the prices went up. Coincidence? I think not.

When you create bitter enemies the risk of revenge attacks goes up, which means people would be wary of being on the planes, which means the airline has to put prices down - not up - to entice custom. Remember that the tamils were the pioneers of suicide bombing. They did plenty of that in their sri lankan struggle and their dramatic operation was the killing by suicide bomber of the indian prime minister, Rajiv Gandhi.

• Like 2

When you create bitter enemies the risk of revenge attacks goes up, which means people would be wary of being on the planes, which means the airline has to put prices down - not up - to entice custom. Remember that the tamils were the pioneers of suicide bombing. They did plenty of that in their sri lankan struggle and their dramatic operation was the killing by suicide bomber of the indian prime minister, Rajiv Gandhi.

I said the prices they went down during/after the civil war and attacks on the airports and increased after the war ended?

Sri Lankan where about 12xxx baht all in for a one way a few weeks ago when another poster asked the same question. I have done a one way with Sri Lankan myself. Decent airline, seat back TV. Flys to LHR only though. Book it on their website.

Flight prices from East to West have increased substantially in the last week, Easter seems to be the kick off for high season air travel to the UK. Last month I flew round trip Bangkok/London with Emirates for THB 31k, I'm flying again this week and the cheapest flight with any airline, apart from China Southern and Aeroflot is THB 44K.

• 3 weeks later...

Went one way with Norwegian air, £288 to Manchester

I used them Gatwick to Faro (Portugal) did the job, but that was far enough thanks!

BKK to MAN on a 737 must have been living hell! What drugs did you take?

Went one way with Norwegian air, £288 to Manchester

I used them Gatwick to Faro (Portugal) did the job, but that was far enough thanks!

BKK to MAN on a 737 must have been living hell! What drugs did you take?

Norwegian operate Dreamliner B788s on their routes from Scandinavia to Bangkok.

Norwegian PLAN to use their 787s, however they have been having some dispatch reliability issues and you may find yourself on an A340 or B777 instead !

I thought Norwegian only had 787 for long haul routes and 737 for short haul within Europe. Are you saying you book Norwegian and they place you on another airline which operate 777 a340?

Norwegian PLAN to use their 787s, however they have been having some dispatch reliability issues and you may find yourself on an A340 or B777 instead !

I thought Norwegian only had 787 for long haul routes and 737 for short haul within Europe. Are you saying you book Norwegian and they place you on another airline which operate 777 a340?

IIRC their B788s were due for delivery, at the time when melting-battery issues screwed-up the production-line, and Norwegian were reported to be temporarily leasing-in other aircraft-types, rather than totally blow their long-haul launch-plan ?

TFC was quite correct. wai2.gif

As was I, in pointing-out that you wouldn't be on a 737 all-the-way from Bangkok to Scandinavia.