Why doesn't Thailand offer naturalization to alien married with Thai?

Rimbuman

The Chinese have a lot more money than the average farang these days. So do the Arabs and Russians.

Let them all in and give them the keys to the Kingdom after they pay Pussycat Noi 5,000 baht to marry them?

Let's face the facts. The average farang spouse is no great shakes when it comes to benefit to the Kingdom. Just take a look at the misfits knocking around Isan and Pattaya. They should feel privileged to be tolerated at all.

And burmese and indians who fly over to Bkk for the weekend to buy a new shirt. Too many farang think they are "big" here with their 750 euro pension. My thai buddy spends 2000 euro on red wine every single month and he's not even Hi-So from BKK. The glory days of farang in LOS are long gone ;-)

• Like 1

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, maybe there should be a law that says farang spouses get Thai citizenship but not Burmese, Lao, Cambodian, Chinese, Iranian, Nigerian, or other non-farang foreign spouses.

Yes, that would be nice. Farangs are a special, superior class of foreigner after all...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

When we go to Lao it costs me 1500bht, my wife 20/40bht (not sure) to enter. Perhaps you can tell me your point of view on this then ?

What the heck does Lao immigration rules have to do with this thread?

Because of the post I was replying too. Shows a difference between nationalities and how they are treated. Sorry if I have upset you again..rolleyes.gif

Thai visa is littered with the remnants of pressure groups - who lasted all of 3 weeks.

They typically drag along the one Thai person they know, who's uncles brothers cousin twice removed 'used to work for government' to the first meeting, and then ask the bewildered sod about changing immigration law - because, well, they don't like it.

• Like 2

So, maybe there should be a law that says farang spouses get Thai citizenship but not Burmese, Lao, Cambodian, Chinese, Iranian, Nigerian, or other non-farang foreign spouses.

Yes, that would be nice. Farangs are a special, superior class of foreigner after all...

When we go to Lao it costs me 1500bht, my wife 20/40bht (not sure) to enter. Perhaps you can tell me your point of view on this then ?

Because of the post I was replying too. Shows a difference between nationalities and how they are treated. Sorry if I have upset you again..rolleyes.gif

Every country has different visa rules for different nationalities.

I don't know any that have different naturalization rules for different nationalities, though you will probably google madly until you come up with one.

The Chinese have a lot more money than the average farang these days. So do the Arabs and Russians.

Let them all in and give them the keys to the Kingdom after they pay Pussycat Noi 5,000 baht to marry them?

Let's face the facts. The average farang spouse is no great shakes when it comes to benefit to the Kingdom. Just take a look at the misfits knocking around Isan and Pattaya. They should feel privileged to be tolerated at all.

Ok mate have it your way, you go ahead and support the chinese, arabs and russians, while I stick with my misfit Farangs

Good luck to you

I also support a pressure group, but it has to be Thai wives who campaign as I posted before.

It's about reciprocal fairness but I would like to see a special status created Foreigners Residence ID rather than going for easy citizenship or similar. I don't want the right to vote for example.

About ownership of land, a vexed question. Under Franco in Spain, only the Spanish could own land. Prices were low. After Franco foreigners could buy land and the prices rocketed out of all proportion. Perhaps a new ID could allow joint ownership of a single property that is to be the main residence? Maybe even locked against sale for a period of years? Maybe a new, punitive tax on any profits from sale? Care must be taken not to destabilise the housing market, but these things need to be worked out in advance.

This is a super thread by the way. Is it time to start a new thread and gather the names of those who would take part in a group?

Their first task would be to draft out exactly what was required as benefits and taking care not to open the floodgates to the ruination of Thailand.

Ride on mate, I'm in thumbsup.gif

Before we form a group we need to decide what color shirts we will wear. Red and Yellow are taken,

I vote for Magenta

I don't rally like the color, but I like saying it,

Magenta!!

• Like 1

What I should have asked was what do you think would give you the right to organize a pressure group in a different country other than your own for the purpose of bettering your chances of remaining in the country based on marriage to a Thai national?

Answer:

That right is never given, you either do it to achieve a hopeful change for the better in the future or you don't and live your life as it is.

I don't "support" any of them.

I support the current system, which allows for naturalization of all non-Thai spouses regardless of nationality on a case-by-case basis, assuming they meet the criteria. And with lots and lots of hurdles to jump. smile.png

Yea me too, I need the exercise.

Magenta!!

• Like 1

Upset no. Flummoxed by your leaps of 'logic' , yes.

What you want and what the Thai government want are obviously miles apart. Being as it is their country, I guess they don't need to explain anything, do they?

Maybe not, but is that reason enough to do nothing?

• Like 1

What you want and what the Thai government want are obviously miles apart. Being as it is their country, I guess they don't need to explain anything, do they?

No. You can jump through the hoops as some have already done.

Thai visa is littered with the remnants of pressure groups - who lasted all of 3 weeks.

They typically drag along the one Thai person they know, who's uncles brothers cousin twice removed 'used to work for government' to the first meeting, and then ask the bewildered sod about changing immigration law - because, well, they don't like it.

How sad, and how true.

Still, the thread gave many people a chance to think things through a wee bit anyway.

I would not start a group as I am not here full time, am well past working age etc.

For a group to work I think it needs paid officers and financial subscriptions to get it going.

Meetings, AGMs and all that, so at the end of the day, nothing will change.

Still, it was nice to dream LOL

These guys don't want hoops. They think that any hoops put in place by little brown third world people are an affront to their superior farangness.

Then I guess their only other choice is to bitch about it on TV!

These guys don't want hoops. They think that any hoops put in place by little brown third world people are an affront to their superior farangness.

To get my wife registered as a resident of Spain, we had to jump many hoops. So much so that she started to worry that I would become bored with the whole thing, she suggested we give up at one point.

Needless to say, we continued a and got the job done.

I would gladly jump similar hoops in Thailand if it could be completed in say half a year or less.

• Like 1

Well, it can't. Guess you don't want Thai nationality that bad.

You know, this is the big difference between most farangs, and say Chinese and Indian long-term expats.

The former whinge and whinge about how they are mistreated, then retreat to their barstools and do nothing.

The Chinese and Indian look at the requirements, make sure they get them, go through the process...and get what they want.

Less griping, more doing.

You have a good point there.

I support the current system, which allows for naturalization of all non-Thai spouses regardless of nationality on a case-by-case basis, assuming they meet the criteria. And with lots and lots of hurdles to jump. smile.png

Good luck to you anyway

Good luck to you anyway

Thanks. But luck not needed when you take stock of a situation, set your eye on your goal, and just do it.

Luck is only needed if you sit around hoping for something to fall into your lap with no effort.

Good luck to you anyway

Thanks. But luck not needed when you take stock of a situation, set your eye on your goal, and just do it.

Luck is only needed if you sit around hoping for something to fall into your lap with no effort.

Agree with the first, disagree with the second. smile.png

You know, this is the big difference between most farangs, and say Chinese and Indian long-term expats.

The former whinge and whinge about how they are mistreated, then retreat to their barstools and do nothing.

The Chinese and Indian look at the requirements, make sure they get them, go through the process...and get what they want.

So how does an old guy like me, never worked here to pay taxes gets accepted.?

• Like 1

So how does an old guy like me, never worked here to pay taxes gets accepted.?

Contact special branch for the exact rules. They are a friendly bunch.

Long and the short of it, work for 3 years and pay taxes making sure you earn 40K per month or more. Don't bugger up you extension of stay.

As I said, I am an old guy, do not work anymore, here or anywhere, My cash takes care of Thai nationals, how do I get accepted. ?????????????

Same here, further more I also like to travel to other countries, spending about six months in Thailand.

With her Foreigners Residence ID my wife can do this, no questions asked. Why can't i?

Edited by laislica
  • Like 2

As I said, I am an old guy, do not work anymore, here or anywhere, My cash takes care of Thai nationals, how do I get accepted. ?????????????

Same here, further more I also like to travel to other countries, spending about six months in Thailand.

With her Foreigners Residence ID my wife can do this, no questions asked. Why can't i?

Seems folk cannot answer my question. There you go............wink.png

You get to work. On paper, at least.

The Chinese are smart enough to figure that out; I don't know why you aren't.

hey trans,, i think your answer is here,

i cant tell you to brake the law here,,,

but im sure if the ones who want a passport, went and saw one of the chinees who have a bussines, crossed there palms with siver,,

you know were im coming from, on the work permit thing dont you, as far as i can see it from what newly mintyed as said,

it only has to apear your working ion paper,,

well ive figoured it out, so others must be able to,

as you no im not the brightest,,,lol

but then again im not after a passport,,

jake