Why doesn't Thailand offer naturalization to alien married with Thai?

Rimbuman

Well, it can't. Guess you don't want Thai nationality that bad.

You know, this is the big difference between most farangs, and say Chinese and Indian long-term expats.

The former whinge and whinge about how they are mistreated, then retreat to their barstools and do nothing.

The Chinese and Indian look at the requirements, make sure they get them, go through the process...and get what they want.

Less griping, more doing.

So how does an old guy like me, never worked here to pay taxes gets accepted.?

NMT alluded to this in a previous post, nothing more than an paperwork exercise.

Jump through the hoops and set up a company, pay your taxes, then apply.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also in many Farang countries you'd be welcome if you bring money or have skills that benefits the nation.

maybe, but how many farang here do actually bring benefit for the nation except for supporting a wife/family which is considered "evident/normal" according to thai customs ? your definition of benefit is not the thai definition of benefit.

My definition and Thai definition?

My definition is that I brought in about 12.000.000 baht in the kingdom and I still get the run arounds.

As I said, I am an old guy, do not work anymore, here or anywhere, My cash takes care of Thai nationals, how do I get accepted. ?????????????

You got the answer. You just did like it.

Not too many places in the world give any pr or citizenship to retirees. But you are special. Clearly.

Also in many Farang countries you'd be welcome if you bring money or have skills that benefits the nation.

maybe, but how many farang here do actually bring benefit for the nation except for supporting a wife/family which is considered "evident/normal" according to thai customs ? your definition of benefit is not the thai definition of benefit.

My definition is that I brought in about 12.000.000 baht in the kingdom and I still get the run arounds.

12 million baht? Big f'ing deal. You expect the golden keys because you brought in enough money to buy one nice condo? Please.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

Well, it can't. Guess you don't want Thai nationality that bad.

You know, this is the big difference between most farangs, and say Chinese and Indian long-term expats.

The former whinge and whinge about how they are mistreated, then retreat to their barstools and do nothing.

The Chinese and Indian look at the requirements, make sure they get them, go through the process...and get what they want.

Less griping, more doing.

So how does an old guy like me, never worked here to pay taxes gets accepted.?

NMT alluded to this in a previous post, nothing more than an paperwork exercise.

Jump through the hoops and set up a company, pay your taxes, then apply.

Nah that's way too hard.

He should be accepted automatically based on nationality, skin colour and a grand-a month-pension.

And there I was thinking it was only the younger generations back home that had a profound sense of entitlement these days

Edited by HardenedSoul

12 million baht? Big f'ing deal. You expect the golden keys because you brought in enough money to buy one nice condo? Please.

Perception and how you handle your funds mate.

Big f'ing deal for you, huge for someone else.

now now let not turn it into a mines bigger then your thread,

its been good upto now,

we are never going to agree,

there is some of us who dont want it to change,

then there is some who do,

there is more to this then meets the eye,, it would take years of just organising who could come in and who couldnt,

what criteria you would put on,,

all above my head,,,lol

play nice,

to the op,,,

it is your thread,

who would you say can come in and have a passport?

just because they are married to a thai,

or would there be other rules that go with that too?

money,,,how long here,,,

Effectively asking to buy a citizenship?

I know people here like to think that everything is for sale. Guess what. Some things aren't.

• Like 2

Jesus H Christ!!!

Are you serious?

cheesy.gif

I thought you were gonna say you'd started a company that employed 50-100 locals and turned over ฿50-100 million baht a year but, instead, you puff out your chest and proudly announce you've brought in "฿12,000,000".

There are people who've brought in 10 times that amount, who are married to Thai nationals and they're not bleating on about naturalisation, permanent residency or citizenship.

Sorry, but despite what you may think in your own head, you're just not that special.

• Like 1

Go spend 400,000 bucks on a house in the US or UK and see what doors that opens to you as a foreigner.

Enter stage left the usual suspects banging on about 'immigrants' from behind their keyboards in a country they want to be immigrants to....

You can't make this stuff up!

• Like 2

Still no one has answered my simple question regarding ME. Not interested in under the table stuff, opening companies and all that shit. Thai folk can be accepted in my country quite easily, but I, in my situation cannot. know one of the farang hi-so's here can give me a LEGAL answer to someone like me who does not pay taxes BECAUSE I AM RETIRED.

Gawd, it is difficult to get a simple answer, but they do not care about someone in my position, sad really........but, expected.......coffee1.gif

Jesus H Christ!!!

Are you serious?

cheesy.gif

I thought you were gonna say you'd started a company that employed 50-100 locals and turned over ฿50-100 million baht a year but, instead, you puff out your chest and proudly announce you've brought in "฿12,000,000".

There are people who've brought in 10 times that amount, who are married to Thai nationals and they're not bleating on about naturalisation, permanent residency or citizenship.

Sorry, but despite what you may think in your own head, you're just not that special.

Are you serious?

The sad reality of it is, he probably is serious.

I can never for the life of me understand the farang who think they know whats best.

Married to a Thai, 400k in the bank, no need to build a mansion or buy land upcountry.

The ones that amuse me even more are the ones trying to circumvent Thai laws that are actually there to protect the farang.

Then they come on here and bitch and moan about buying houses and land, then getting hosed by some upcountry hick.

What did the 12 million actually get him?

Why the need to spend 12 million?

How easy to liquidate the capital?

His ass is grass.

• Like 1

Still no one has answered my simple question regarding ME. Not interested in under the table stuff, opening companies and all that shit. Thai folk can be accepted in my country quite easily, but I, in my situation cannot. know one of the farang hi-so's here can give me a LEGAL answer to someone like me who does not pay taxes BECAUSE I AM RETIRED.

Gawd, it is difficult to get a simple answer, but they do not care about someone in my position, sad really........but, expected.......coffee1.gif

Tell me, how does a Thai move to the uk and become a citizen. You seem to think it is so easy. Take us through the steps and let's compare....

As I said, I am an old guy, do not work anymore, here or anywhere, My cash takes care of Thai nationals, how do I get accepted. ?????????????

Chances are you won't.

Quite right too seeing as you make no effort to even learn the language.

Your wife taking your pension hardly qualifies as a great spender.

If a Thai gets a UK passport they are made, takes a couple (3) years. I signed papers for one...........thumbsup.gif

Now answer my question. Can a retired farang "ME", who has lived here for years, who has taken care of Thai folk for YEARS, who has never worked or paid taxes in LOS get a Thai passport LEGALLY.

YES or NO............................thumbsup.gif

Tell me, how does a Thai move to the uk and become a citizen. You seem to think it is so easy. Take us through the steps and let's compare....

Many farang here should be thankful Thailand hasnt (as yet) introduced some of the draconian rules being implemented elsewhere.

Wonder how many could pass the Thai equivalent of lets say, living and working in the UK test.

Many by their own admission cant speak a word of Thai, never mind read it, or heaven forbid are actually able to write their own name in Thais script.

Be thankful, if it aint broke dont fix it, dont ask for what you want, you may wake up one morning and find what you asked for has been approved.

Best of luck to you as you converse in Thai at your next extension visit.

If a Thai gets a UK passport they are made, takes a couple (3) years. I signed papers for one...........thumbsup.gif

Now answer my question. Can a retired farang "ME", who has lived here for years, who has taken care of Thai folk for YEARS, who has never worked or paid taxes in LOS get a Thai passport LEGALLY.

YES or NO............................thumbsup.gif

Are you stupid? Read all the replies.

Yes, it is possible.

Do you have a yellow book? How many years have you lived here without bothering to find this information out?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If a Thai gets a UK passport they are made, takes a couple (3) years. I signed papers for one...........thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

YES or NO............................thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

NO

And that's the way it should be; the Thais have got it right

Your personal situation simply doesn't warrant it

Sorry

• Like 2

Can I get a Thai passport and be accepted If I have not worked in LOS and paid taxes ?

YES or NO.............simple question, I don't want to know about under the table stuff or starting up companies......facepalm.gif

YES or NO................blink.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If a Thai gets a UK passport they are made, takes a couple (3) years. I signed papers for one...........thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

YES or NO............................thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

NO

And that's the way it should be; the Thais have got it right

Your personal situation simply doesn't warrant it

Sorry

Thank you. At last my answer..............smile.png

Jesus H Christ!!!

Are you serious?

cheesy.gif

What's the point of how much people bring in or keep out and if they express them self about naturalisation, permanent residency or citizenship or not.

I'm afraid you are serious, assumptions, pictures going in your head, and totally missing the point why I started this tread.

It looks like that this is not going anywhere and I'm going to let you guys eat this thread till it implodes "if it didn't already".

No big deal to me

The answer to transam's question is YES, someone in his situation can qualify for Thai citizenship 100% legally if they are willing to expend some time and effort to get the paperwork in order.

I have more than one acquaintance who has done just that, and I and other forum members have bent over backwards -- repeatedly -- to tell transam what he needs to do.

Since he seems unwilling or unable to expend that small effort to obtain the final qualification he needs, it is clear 100% that he will never be a Thai citizen, and he probably shouldn't impose on well-meaning members' time by asking the same questions and making them repeat the same answers every few weeks.

• Like 1

What's the point of how much people bring in or keep out and if they express them self about naturalisation, permanent residency or citizenship or not.

Because, apparently, you genuinely believe that the amount of money you've brought into the country should have at least some bearing on your being granted some form of privileged status in Thailand.

I know this because you said that by bringing it here, you have been of "benefit" to the country.

You obviously believe that ฿12,00,000 should render you immune to the "runaround".

You think it should elevate you above other foreigners like some kind of "club class" or something.

It doesn't and it shouldn't.

Because, apparently, you genuinely believe that the amount of money you've brought into the country should have at least some bearing on your being granted some form of privileged status in Thailand.

I know this because you said that by bringing it here, you have been of "benefit" to the country.

You obviously believe that ฿12,00,000 should render you immune to the "runaround".

You think it should elevate you above other foreigners like some kind of "club class" or something.

Perhaps ordinary Thai folk earning 2/300 bht a day might disagree............coffee1.gif

Perhaps ordinary Thai folk earning 2/300 bht a day might disagree............coffee1.gif

Disagree with what, exactly?