Where to take a date for dinner and drinks in Bangkok?

KarlosInBKK

Hi everyone,

Me - 32 year old male from England working as an English Teacher in BKK. I live in Phaya Thai

Her - 27 year old Thai female. She's a secretary and usually just goes to RCA. She's a nice girl and lives in Bang Kapi.

When - Saturday night.

What venues would you recommend? I don't mind moving from one place to another. I suppose my budget for the whole night would be up to 3000-4000 baht.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry forgot to say that it is a first date. 3000-4000 is my maximum budget. Ideally I would like to spend less.

Ha! Aim to spend MUCH less.

Blowing large amounts of cash early on sets a precedent you may not be able to sustain.

Go to a fairly quiet place where you can chat and get to know each other. There are some good Thai restaurants around Petchaburi Road (sois 5-7).

Have a nice time.

Sorry forgot to say that it is a first date. 3000-4000 is my maximum budget. Ideally I would like to spend less.

Blowing large amounts of cash early on sets a precedent you may not be able to sustain.

Yeah good point thanks casualposter. Let's say somewhere between 1000-2000 for dinner and drinks. I can sink quite a few drinks so I need to take that into account if we go for more after dinner.

For drinks, head down to Tapaz in Silom, great club

For dinner, i would go to Sukhumvit soi 12, french place, do not recall the name, but its past the condoms & cabbage place.

This french place is pretty romantic yet casual, crepes well priced and delicious

If this is a first date then no way should you be planning to spend that much.

Never blow cash on Thai girls.

Take her to a normal Thai restaurant and spend 500 Baht max. Encourage her to pay her share.

If she doesn't like it, tell her to bugger off.

I second this approach. The point is to test her. Don't waste time and money on someone who isn't comfortable with an ordinary night out. As others have said, don't set a high bar. They won't be impressed anyway, but may want to keep taking advantage of you. If she's still interested in you, after a few modest nights out, then keep going and occasionally step up the quality. In summary, weed them out fast.

• Like 1

som tum or grilled fish or jim jum. plenty of those isan style joints around and it doesnt matter if the chic is isan south north or even central :) petchaburi got plenty of those or in front of centralworld. later on head to khaosan or rca (route66). enjoy!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I seriously doubt that she is with A farang she will offer to pay half.My experience seems to be the person that has the most money pays.Most thai's always expect the farang to pay.

I beg to differ , loads of my mates ( Thai ) either share or pay, it's not just one way,

Depends on the people, Thai or fallang , wherever you are

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Take her to a normal Thai restaurant and spend 500 Baht max. Encourage her to pay her share.

I will go with that.......thumbsup.gif ............ except for the OP rummaging in the birds purse.......rolleyes.gif

But beware OP, if she is a nice girl you might be paying for many, be warned.........facepalm.gif ..........laugh.png

I suppose my budget for the whole night would be up to 3000-4000 baht.

Vertigo at Banyan Tree Bangkok Vertigo and Moon Bar - Banyan Tree Hotel

Vertigo and Moon Bar - Banyan Tree Hotel Sathorn - 61st Floor

This alfresco bar-cum-restaurant is 61 floors above the bustling streets of Bangkok, overlooking a magnificent cityscape. The stylish setting fuses fairytale romance and cosmopolitan chic. Indulge in some of the world's finest champagne, exotic cocktails, wine-by-the-glass or non-alcoholic beverages in the bar area, or go all the way for a memorable dinner of barbecued seafood. Read More...

working as an English Teacher in BKK

Btw, your budget seems very generous for a (first) date.

post-155923-0-81331600-1398094040_thumb.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

I always take them for a romantic dinner on the street (kebabs, satay chicken or noodle soup; if she seems like a really special girl, then maybe even pad thai), max. spend 100 baht for both people, then to really impress them and loosen their knicker elastic a bit more, after dining we retire for scrumptious drinks (lao kao) from any makeshift streetside bar with miniature red plastic stools. This approach has never failed for me yet! Maximum spend is going to be 300 baht with lao kao at 20 baht a shot, and I also know where to get it for 10! We urban sophisticates are always "in the know".

Some great tips! Should one chip in fifty percent for a motocycle taxi or simply send her off home on a free red bus?

Wow , you are pretty much like every Thai girls dream date ! They must be kicking your door down trying to hook up with you whistling.gif

• Like 1

I would go to Muse in thonglor, on the 3rd floor they have a hip and trendy terras with life (thai music) hip and trendy place and the prices are for sure reasonable for the quality you get. Mostly Thai crowd there and a relaxed atmosphere

. A second choice of mine would be an outdoor Thai restaurant right next to the Ekamai BTS station. Very Thai-style atmosphere with acoustic guitar music. After that you can taxi up Ekamai and have a drink around the night area. This plan would keep her in her comfort zone....around Thai people.

A great suggestion scoutman. I had the same thought immediately... the place at Ekamai BTS is called Baan Rai Cafe,

right on the corner of Ekamai and Sukhumvit. Casual, laid back, decent food, good prices, outdoors with quiet music... easy to get to... It has an old ruins look with broken brick walls that gives it a little ambiance without it feeling like you are in one of those touristy restaurants that look like gift shops and cost 10x more.

Girl is from Bang Kapi, no problem, take her to one of the Jap/Korean places on the second floor of The Mall Bang Kapi, three hours eat as much as you want buffet, 300/400 baht per person.

or go to McDonalds on the ground floor and save the difference for the cinema upstairs

don't watch Transcendence though... awful awful movie

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Me - 32 year old male from England working as an English Teacher in BKK. I live in Phaya Thai

Her - 27 year old Thai female. She's a secretary and usually just goes to RCA. She's a nice girl and lives in Bang Kapi.

When - Saturday night.

What venues would you recommend? I don't mind moving from one place to another. I suppose my budget for the whole night would be up to 3000-4000 baht.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

If you wish to keep it cheaper and a little more Thai try some of the restaurants on Naradhiwas, seem to be popular with locals.. Some to name are Sortrel or Sleep Around.. Open air or closed and air conditioned with Thai bands playing a bit of music..

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

based on my thai girl friends (not girlfriends) they will be more than happy with a cheap Thai place... when they get towards late twenties (like this girl) they are mostly so desperate it doesn't take much to impress them...

• Like 1