Songkran from the air, the video

PETDCAT

Luckily at this corner there were mostly Thai people watching me and no super aggressive farangs trying to shoot down the quad.

I'm more and more convinced it's actually a cultural or genetic quirk in Farangs. It's not just Songkran either, they're also unable to celebrate their own New Year without major crap breaking out, or enjoy a game of football. Something just seems to snap in certain cases where the rest of the world is able to have an enjoyable party and not descend into vandalism.

Or they go the complete opposite, loudly condemning the whole party and wanting to ban it.

They just can't seem to find a middle way.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

Luckily at this corner there were mostly Thai people watching me and no super aggressive farangs trying to shoot down the quad.

I'm more and more convinced it's actually a cultural or genetic quirk in Farangs. It's not just Songkran either, they're also unable to celebrate their own New Year without major crap breaking out, or enjoy a game of football. Something just seems to snap in certain cases where the rest of the world is able to have an enjoyable party and not descend into vandalism.

Or they go the complete opposite, loudly condemning the whole party and wanting to ban it.

Major crap as you call it is worldwide (including Thailand) when they celebrate - usual, but not always, cause is booze

Nothing happens like that at American or Canadian football.

When they threw the English out on their ear they threw out their hooliganism.

• Like 1

PETDCAT, for next year I can also recommend the North-Eastern corner.

An advantage you have there is that you can base yourself on the inside corner, but on the OUTside of the wall there. So you're completely shielded by the wall, and you can fly the quadcopter near the goings on over the other side. It's also a busier corner in terms of playing water. (South-Western corner is mostly a traffic jam. wink.png )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

and leaving behind?????

Sorry to say this but that is <deleted>--The Russians are brilliant at Hooliganism, the Turks didn't do too bad a job either--Sweden had a full-on squad, and so on and so on--you really know nothing about International Hooligans.

Again great (and very stable) footage petdcat!

You must be a real thrillseeker with your quad. No fear for some water coming from the crowds and no fear for some technical failure above the crowds.

Keep the vids coming!

Edited by rcpilot

It is a Phantom 2 made by DJI, with a gopro hero 3+ camera and Zenmouse gimbal. I just installed new software that will give me on screen display of speed, altitude,battery power and some navigational information.

iosd mini is a big upgrade.

did you install the gimbal by yourself? have all the dampeners on there?

So, tell us about your video camera, your quadcopter, etc.

interesting stuff.

phantom 1 or vision?

youre braver than i. thought about heading out, but too afraid some drunk people would bring it down.

What is the effective range for this device, before the signal fades?

What a fantastic machine, and you are a total pro with it, Sir. Great work once again.

post-4680-0-58437200-1398332177_thumb.jp

Again great (and very stable) footage petdcat!

You must be a real thrillseeker with your quad. No fear for some water coming from the crowds and no fear for some technical failure above the crowds.

Keep the vids coming!

Thanks RC the crowds were very polite where I was lifting off from. They were more concerned to hold it and have an iPhone picture taken then they were with throwing water.

Great video! Phantom 2 with gimbal mount? Can't wait to get spare parts for mine (had a fly-away and subsequent crash).

Ouch, hope the damage wasn't to bad. Yes this has a gimbal the zenmuse H3-2D.

The actual gimbal mount broke and I had the hardest time finding a replacement. Ordered one but it did not fit, ordered a second one (USD 70.00 for a little aluminum) and it should arrive this week.

It is a Phantom 2 made by DJI, with a gopro hero 3+ camera and Zenmouse gimbal. I just installed new software that will give me on screen display of speed, altitude,battery power and some navigational information.

iosd mini is a big upgrade.

did you install the gimbal by yourself? have all the dampeners on there?

Yes I installed the gimbal which comes with the Phantom 2. I also installed the transmitter and yesterday installed iosd mini.