Passenger brawl heralds end of Metal Age for Thai Airways

webfact

Really, this thread is full of racist clap-trap, much of it deeply offensive..

I guess you have never come across Chinese? Cutting lines and look over shoulder to see if you'll let it go, loud.... Really really loud. They cut across your path with looking, just flat out don't have respect for people around them.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect it could not have happened to two nicer people! Most airlines would have taken a dim view of a passenger brawl in mid flight and the police would have been waiting for them at the other end. But there again, in a country with little application of the law, why not let them go ..... and change the cutlery!

Dear fellows.

Today I chose my flight, not only to look att the price, but also, WHO HAVE STEEL FORKS AND KNIFE !

I HATE TO EAT WITH THIS PLASTIC RUBBISH.

Can recommend you Turkish Airlines, who actually have win revards 3 year in row, for best food, and service.

Anothet tip * for free ( for airlines.

Why not let the Chinese passengers sit in

The cargo area downstears.

Make a special Chines Class with Chop Stik.

But maybe they put out the eyes of the other Chinese passengers.

No, Thai Airlines, once a fantastic airlines,with the best service and care of tha Royal Orchid Gold poassengers.

I have make at least 50 Transcontinental flights with from BKK to Europe.

It always takes a few to screw it up for everyone else.

Why isn't surprising it's someone from China causing trouble for everyone else? Idiots.

For ten years in a row they have been awarded the worst tourists award, have you ever experienced the arrival of two dozen Chinese in a hotel lobby, its scary .

I have at christmass time and they were all chess players shouting about how good they were..can't stand chess nuts boasting in a open foyer..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Agreed, a lot of comments here are just wong

I not shure wot yoo meen.Pleese riply Whoo Flung Dung

And most of all Who Let Wang ?

• Like 1

More like this is the excuse to make the change - to save money?

Thai stopped metal cutlery after the twin towers like all other airlines as it was a new security thing but they came back with it. Qantas kept the plastic. What gets me is they allow glass bottles of duty free.

I have to say I found it hard to eat sometimes when working in China, sitting with groups of workers as they spit their food out and pick it up and put it in their mouths again while making lots of slurping noises. I don't mind the food but the eating habits put me off but I found the people themselves to be very polite in work.

I remember my first day trip to Koh Phi Phi many years ago, which included free lunch and which had a large contingent of travelling Chinese on it.

They attacked the buffet like Piranha, leaving no food for anyone else, then proceeded to vomit it all over the place on the return trip.

Sounds like an 18-30 holiday in my uni days.....! biggrin.png

• Like 1

It is racist for good reason.

I have travelled extensively and lived and worked in many countries. Without doubt the Chinese as a whole are by far the most rude and offensive people imaginable.

I remember my first day trip to Koh Phi Phi many years ago, which included free lunch and which had a large contingent of travelling Chinese on it.

They attacked the buffet like Piranha, leaving no food for anyone else, then proceeded to vomit it all over the place on the return trip.

Wish they did the 70-100 holidays--same style, them nights were the days.

• Like 1

Not sure how changing from reusable metal utensils to disposable plastic ones would be a cost saving measure, unless the cost to wash the metal utensils (and replace "missing" utensils) was exorbitant.

And a lot of people here need to get off their high-horses and remove the rose-tinted glasses they are seemingly wearing. Low/No Class tourists come to Thailand in droves from almost every country, including whichever country you are from.

Doesn't matter what the nationality, religion, or race is, there are pretty much always some tourists that are more well behaved and "generous" than others from their same (insert group here). Certain groups have developed a reputation for being stingier than others in general. Others have developed a reputation as being overly loud and obnoxious (not singling out Brits or Aussies or anything). Another group is often referred to as being all "mafia" (yeah, like only Russian "mafia" visit Thailand).

It usually just takes 1 "bad apple" in the bunch to set the scale for the whole group. I know some Canadians that I'd cross the street to avoid being associated with (despite our "reputation" for being very nice, polite and generous people). I've drank/partied/bar-hopped with other people and found out much to my surprise (3-4 years later) that they are muslim. According to some friends in certain "industries", their "staff" often prefer customers from Japan/China/Korea because they are considered better tippers than the average "farang".

A couple more anecdotes to consider. Judge not least you be judged ! People that live in glass houses should not throw stones ! This next one is one I've made up just for this post:

"No matter how high and mighty you think you are whilst looking down your nose at other people, remember that there will always be someone thinking the same as they look down at you."

OK, not quite as original as I had planned. I kind of paraphrased that from a similar anecdote. Nobody here is so close to perfection that they can sit in moral judgment of others.

Meanwhile - I've found that my stainless steel Korean Air chop sticks are excellent for rapping the knuckles of she that would try to steal the last dumpling from the bowl ! (Note: only do so after removing all sharp objects from the house and ensuring a clear path to the nearest exit !)

• Like 1

thai airways are using plastic cutlery since 7/11, as many other airlines.

gradually metal ones were back in business class.

very few airlines, like emirates, got it back for economy class as well

Korean Air has metal cutlery.

And sometimes board chinese passengers...hummmm

i must say on my honeymoon years ago we were surrounded by chinese who ate like utter pigs..no disrespect to pigs of course it natural to them but some humans have no class or manners what so ever..i understand the rage but maybe earplugs would have sufficed..

I do hate to speak and think in generalizations, I think for the most part it is unskillful, but I must admit that since being in Asia and having a few years of experience under my belt, I have had some kind of problem or altercation with almost every Chinese or Thai/Chinese person I have got to know. They seem to be selfish and lack a sense of humanity to some extent. However I am sure this does not apply to the entire nation, just every personal encounter I have had has been negative in some way.

Edited by Tom420
  • Like 1

Wish they did the 70-100 holidays--same style, them nights were the days.

Maybe they could call them Sagalagerboomboom!

thumbsup.gif

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

It's not racism if it is an ALWAYS occurrence.

It is strange that Thailand begged the USA to have bases here to fight Communism in the region in the past and now are begging Communists to fly here and spend their Capitalist money.

What a strange world.