Election Commission believes new election won’t be invalid again

Lite Beer

Election Commission believes new election won’t be invalid again

BANGKOK, 21 April 2014 (NNT) - The Election Commission (EC) believes that the upcoming election will not be nullified like last time and that it will be taken looked after by the Royal Thai Police.

EC member Somchai Srisuthiyakorn said the EC will not design a framework for the meeting to be held tomorrow between different political parties, but will ask for the opinions from all to come up with a structure for the meeting. The structure might be a debate between those who want to rush the date of the election and those who think that there should not be an election at this point.

At the end of the meeting, the EC will summarize the key points but there will be no vote taken. The EC will talk about a suitable date for the election and if the meeting is not successful, EC will make a new appointment until the election date is decided. The EC has proposed that the new election should be held within 90 days since it is the soonest possible date.

Mr. Somchai said that he believes that next election will not be voided as last time although he said that threats and obstruction toward the opposite parties during the vote canvassing can lead to accusations and nullifications.

EC Secretary General Puchong Nutrawong also mentioned that he has contacted the Royal Thai Police and the Toong Song Hong Police Station to monitor around the meeting area tomorrow.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-21 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

The EC seem to have a crystal ball the likes of which has never been seen before.... a political crystal ball... a novelty device.

If the elections are not free and fair..... there won't be one... The disruptors will move in, and I will support their actions 100%.

• Like 2

Valid or invalid, that's for Suthep to decide.

Not EC, not court, not Thaksin. Not even Mark.

Nothing to do with Suthep.... but more to do with the millions of people who actually support 'democratic' elections.

The majority just want to see for once in their lives what an actual democratic election really looks like, because they haven't seen one yet in 81 years.

The meeting between the parties tomorrow is likely to be fascinating TV watching, but the EC has really no idea what will happen at this meeting, nor the direction it will take, nor the comments that will emanate from it. And they really have no idea if the next election will be any different than the previous one. To assume otherwise would be to assume that their powers of perception are rather recently acquired. But the meeting will be fascinating nonetheless, and unbeknownst to many, it could reveal all sorts of things. For example, if Thaksin's name is actually brought up - ( and why not ? He's been the very centre of the political conflict surrounding the election. Why wouldn't he be discussed ? ) - it ought to become most fascinating. Perhaps a substantive dialogue will ensue after all.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with Suthep.... but more to do with the millions of people who actually support 'democratic' elections.

The majority just want to see for once in their lives what an actual democratic election really looks like, because they haven't seen one yet in 81 years.

You're the guy who posted he wants a dictatorship for the next 100 years. The ammart have run Thailand for your 81 years and they don't like elections either. They especially hate the most recent ones, the 21st century ones.

And you're missing a lot here cause it has everything to do with Suthep. You seem to forget or ignore Suthep is the self-appointed sovereign of the people. Your side is led by a raging lunatic. Your posts don't sound any better than Suthep's own mad pronouncements. This is your inconvenient truth

Get real.... I said it would take at least 100 years to educate the Thainess out of the Thais.

Nothing about ... 'wants a dictatorship for the next 100 years'

Dictatorship was never mentioned either.

Normally someone would say that you misread my post.... but you didn't.

You are just lying like all the red goons because they have no solid basis for an argument.... so you have to make one up.

It is a big breach of forum rules to willfully lie.

Reported!

• Like 1

I wonder if the bookies is taking bets on whether the next elected government will actually run a full term ?.... i doubt the odds will be good with the track record.

Well betting on it would be illegal, but then blocking it would be illegal. Of course, in Thailand I am sure you can find an illegal bookie to take a bet on an illegal act.

You're the guy who posted he wants a dictatorship for the next 100 years. The ammart have run Thailand for your 81 years and they don't like elections either. They especially hate the most recent ones, the 21st century ones.

And you're missing a lot here cause it has everything to do with Suthep. You seem to forget or ignore Suthep is the self-appointed sovereign of the people. Your side is led by a raging lunatic. Your posts don't sound any better than Suthep's own mad pronouncements. This is your inconvenient truth

You may just be right

Suthep is recognesed by his followers to be the hero to bring the Corrup Government down

A reging Lunaitic I hope you have proof of that and if you do ,and live in Thailand let us know these fact and give us your details

But I still feel better a lunatic who you say is all talk, that a lier who is ripping off the thai people for her own family wealth

We wait for the facts and proof you say you have about Suthep

or are you ust a keyboard warrior, hiding behind his keyboasrd

post-13618-0-58792700-1398124385_thumb.j

Get real.... I said it would take at least 100 years to educate the Thainess out of the Thais.

You are just lying like all the red goons because they have no solid basis for an argument.... so you have to make one up.

Reported!

Go for it.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

Reported!

cheesy.gif mummy mummy

• Like 1

You may just be right

Suthep is recognesed by his followers to be the hero to bring the Corrup Government down

A reging Lunaitic I hope you have proof of that and if you do ,and live in Thailand let us know these fact and give us your details

But I still feel better a lunatic who you say is all talk, that a lier who is ripping off the thai people for her own family wealth

We wait for the facts and proof you say you have about Suthep

or are you ust a keyboard warrior, hiding behind his keyboasrd

"A reging [sic] Lunaitic [sic] I hope you have proof of that and if you do , [sic] and live in Thailand let us know these fact [sic] and give us your details"

You wait for the facts and proof? Where have you been these past several months? In a trance?

I don't slander or defame people's family the way you people do.

And I'm sure Suthep cares what I say about him. There's going to be a massive purge anyway if these fascists seize state power. You are among those salivating over it for at least several months now. Suthep and his people have had a long list for a long time. Are you saying it includes TVF posters?

You imply having a certain knowledge about a purge. So fess up. Now would be a good time to reveal your details.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

The EC seem to have a crystal ball the likes of which has never been seen before.... a political crystal ball... a novelty device.

If the elections are not free and fair..... there won't be one... The disruptors will move in, and I will support their actions 100%.

They have simply followed Thaksin's lead and consulted with the soothsayers on the outcome so it is nailed on to be correct!!!

and they will not see one for the next 81 years..... coffee1.gif