90 day report by mail (sorry again)

Hello everybody,

I know this 90 day report topic is all over the forum at the moment.

And I read different stories about still waiting for the confirmation and where to send the mail.

But .. this is why I have opened another 90 day reporting thread.

I have 18 days left until my reporting.

I have been to Ladprao 2 weeks ago and I really don't want to go there again soon.

Nevertheless I have been talking to many guys over there at immigration and almost everybody came for 90 day reporting.

There were even 3 counter windows for 90 days reporting (although maybe not all opened) and only one for tourist extension.

So, what should I do?

The website of the immigration states clearly (at least how I understand it) that you CAN send the report by registered mail - as long as you do it at least 15 days before due date. I did not see any new regulation or maybe temporary regulation for the time that Chaengwattana ist closed.

So, why shouldn't I report by mail?

I get the receipt for the registered mail and then I have proof. The rest is not my problem - or is it?

But then again why did I meet so many people at Ladprao coming there for the 90 day reporting in person?

Why is not everybody reporting by mail then?

I am confused.

Any recommendations please?

You can still mail them to the CW address. They are being delivered to Lad Phrao and processed. People have reported getting receipts back. It just seems to be taking longer to get them back.

As said before their has been no official notice not to keep mailing them to the CW address.

Thanks everybody.

@Lite Beer: I understand that. I like security.

But last time at Ladprao it took me 5 hours to get my visa stuff done.

And I have seen many of these guys who just came there for 90 day reporting at the time of my arrival as well after I was done.

So ... something like that just to tell the government your address and that you are still here?

I would love to avoid that wink.png

I think the reason for the uncertainty has been that once CW was closed, there wasn't any clarification or notice from Immigration about the status of the normal mail-in reporting service in Bangkok.

I believe officers at the Lad Prao and Suksawat offices told various of us individually NOT to mail 90 day reports to their addresses. But the whole status of mailing to CW has never really been clear, AFAIK, during the protest closure period of time. Immigration never said anything official on the subject, one way or the other, AFAIK.

Early on the in the going, it seemed like people who were mailing to CW simply weren't getting their receipts back and the tracking of their envelopes just showed them undeliverable to CW. But then once we got into the new year and more recently, there have been more reports of members seeing their CW-bound envelopes getting forwarded to Lad Prao, and then getting receipts back in the mail, seemingly, often a month or more after their mailing.

So the upshot appears to be that mailing 90 day reports to CW ought to be OK right now, but be prepared for a possibly extended wait for the reporting receipt to arrive back to you in the mail. And make sure to save the EMS tracking receipt as proof of mailing.