Unexpected THAI profit losses of Bt30 mln in March

webfact

LOL!

TG. Bangkok to London return, lowest price Business Class, 2nd May - 15th May..................150,000 THB

Qatar Airways. Same dates etc as above, Business Class..........................................................91,000 THB

No comparison.

everyone will agree,

they overprice to the public

they do offer specials, '

they have full books of them, you just have to go in, and book in advance, if you can

From all the posts here it looks like another Olympic Airlines scenario. They were good when they started then over staffed, efficiency went down and as far as I know they went out of business. Thai airlines, I fly regularly from Singapore to Bangkok and I can see even on the short flight the standard has dropped significantly.

Singapore airlines is miles ahead of them and doesnt cost any more.

I guess to some extent this is due, forget the protests as they are a given cause, but due to the concept that Thai's must be hired even if there is no real job for them.

Regards to the FFP a few years ago I clocked up over 80,000 miles in a year. This put me into the next class of membership but it took me 18 months to get the new card. Gross inefficiency.

Get your act together TG and start to get back on track because right now it appears you have lost the plot

I can not agree that they are substandard,

they have great planes, great service, good customer service, a very good and easy check in right by the door,

lets not over do it,

they are just over priced

Great planes? Was that a joke? :)

1970s style overhead TV sets showing 80s movies, no inseat entertainment on long haul flights, being let off of a 14-hour flight onto a scortching hot tarmac to be bussed to the gate, i could go on and on and on.

It's a terrible airline and deserves this status. It wasn't always terrible but it surely is now

I can not agree that they are substandard,

they have great planes, great service, good customer service, a very good and easy check in right by the door,

lets not over do it,

they are just over priced

Great planes? Was that a joke? smile.png

1970s style overhead TV sets showing 80s movies, no inseat entertainment on long haul flights, being let off of a 14-hour flight onto a scortching hot tarmac to be bussed to the gate, i could go on and on and on.

It's a terrible airline and deserves this status. It wasn't always terrible but it surely is now

now that you mention it,

what that the only airline in bkk, that puts you off on a bus from the tarmac?

I am not sure now if I had to do that to board Cathy, at the present moment, I don't recall having to do that,

I know in Hong Kong, the plane was in a normal dock, but I dont remember what I did to get to the plane at bkk.

I wish I remembered

PaullyW, on 23 Apr 2014 - 00:44, said:

Come on their planes are not that bad. I agree that they are behind on IFE but on the other hand they have pretty good legroom in economy class. Also they have begun upgrading the 747's they begun in business and I believe several of them has also been upgraded in Economy. Besides this they have revived several new Boeing 777-300ER that has both full flat seats in business class and IFE on all seats.

and regarding being left of to be bussed in to the terminal that has absolutely nothing to do with the airline. That was properly due to the airport not having any available gates. I have experienced this a few times with other airlines even on flights that usually arrive at a gate.

Besides this I will fly from Copenhagen to Bangkok and onwards to Taipei with Thai Air. The price is about the same on Thai than any other airline I could find. The positive thing is that I had enough miles to upgrade to Premium Economy on my flight to Bangkok and from Copenhagen PE is in the back business class cabin on the 777.

PaullyW, on 23 Apr 2014 - 00:44, said:

Come on their planes are not that bad. I agree that they are behind on IFE but on the other hand they have pretty good legroom in economy class. Also they have begun upgrading the 747's they begun in business and I believe several of them has also been upgraded in Economy. Besides this they have revived several new Boeing 777-300ER that has both full flat seats in business class and IFE on all seats.

and regarding being left of to be bussed in to the terminal that has absolutely nothing to do with the airline. That was properly due to the airport not having any available gates. I have experienced this a few times with other airlines even on flights that usually arrive at a gate.

Besides this I will fly from Copenhagen to Bangkok and onwards to Taipei with Thai Air. The price is about the same on Thai than any other airline I could find. The positive thing is that I had enough miles to upgrade to Premium Economy on my flight to Bangkok and from Copenhagen PE is in the back business class cabin on the 777.

I agree.

they have very good planes

flying to Chaing Mai round trip two times on Thai, they had full 777's

I was astounded

in the US for the same flight, we would be crammed into a small 737, and I mean crammed