To the Farang, I met in Tesco.

Costas2008

OP did you ever consider that the farang may have just lost a family member or just been diagnosed with cancer, perhaps they are in some physical pain. Before I had back surgery I was walking around medicated and in pain aware of very little beyond the end of my nose. When this happens to you just move on and be thankful that you do not have that persons problems. Worst scenario is they are miserable by nature, just be happy you do not go through life like this.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Costas2008

It even might have been that we had a meeting at the Nongkhai border crossing ?

Lets have an agreement shall we ?

No calling Malakka or Kolopedos unless its meant to be joking ?

I do speak some Greek amongst some more other languages, but most of the Greeks are better in Greek then me ;-)

That goes for basic any language i use...

I recall when we first moved to Chanthaburi I let on to a fat bloke in Robinsons and he just totally blanked me. I was livid.

and what the hell has it got to do with u how I act with total strangers You are a total prig or are you some from of control freak or messiah that you expect me to grey you even acknowledge your probably miserable pathetic existence but I don't go around insisting you should understand how weak insecure pathetic and nasty you really are

Agree 100%. If some prick comes up to me and says "hello" out of the blue, I'll automatically view him as the jerk he probably is.

Wow, that's pretty amazing that you might say such a thing. May I ask which part of the US you were raised in?

In the early days of China opening up - I asked a New Yorker, why Foreigners "Whities" didn't nod or smile back

[As fellow adventures/travellers/discoverers even pioneers??]

His reaction nearly blew my hair off!

..."Why the F*** should they talk to you, they don't F*****g know you..." and on, and on.

Ouch!

There is another thread about farangs snubbing other farangs.

I guess the threat of not being unique is just too much. Somebody said it right..it takes away from the "Thai Experience".

They would not smile back or nod at you in New York either...if that helps.

I am glad this heat is not only affecting my usual patient demenour, it appears it has infected the whole forum.

Now take a deep breath, go get a cold beer and find something more interesting to bitch about than if charlie farang doesnt greet your nod with a cheery "good morning isnt life grand.."

Sent from my LG-P970

• Like 1

This morning at Tesco, Khon Kaen.

I said to you, Hello, and you, not only ignored me, but you turned your face the other way.

I'm with Costas with this. How hard is it to say hello to someone after they said hello to you. Just rude b@stards as far as I concerned, no manners.

• Like 2

Met a few here and everywhere I have traveled ! but for me no problem many think they are just to good and a better class of person with their head up their ass ! But the end result is either going up in a puff of smoke or underground with the rest of us

smile.png

I was in New York City's Central Park in the late 70's walking down the West Drive which was closed on a Sunday. There was a guy there sitting on a bench with his wife and young son. I said Hello! although I never stopped walking and he gave a big smile and Hello! back.

The guy was John Lennon with Yoko and a young Sean.

He isn't smiling anymore...

Wrong...He is grinning ear to ear....Imagine that!

post-147745-0-45481300-1398302813.jpg

• Like 1

I was in New York City's Central Park in the late 70's walking down the West Drive which was closed on a Sunday. There was a guy there sitting on a bench with his wife and young son. I said Hello! although I never stopped walking and he gave a big smile and Hello! back.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Not exactly "Mr Current Affairs" are you ?

Manners cost nothing ! If someone acknowledges you no matter what their race , color or whatever, it is only common courtesy to respond, to ignore them is just plain rude, a smile crosses ALL language barriers too so there is no excuse.

IMHO.

With all due respect, some people give off a creepy vibe and one does not wish to interact with such people. I regularly smile at people as it costs nothing and makes a day brighter for some. However, I am careful not to smile at some as I have a feeling they will misinterpret it. My Thai friend has a habit of smiling at kids and even touching them. (Please no misinterpretation, as I am referring to the habit of some Thais to greet a small child with a friendly touch.) I have told him repeatedly never to do this with foreign Caucasians as it can be misinterpreted.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Not exactly "Mr Current Affairs" are you ?

It was nice he said hello. Good on him. I bumped into Liam Brady at Gatwick once and said hello. He was in the bar and bought me and the missus a pint. Nice man.

Not as big as Lennon fair enough but he is to Arsenal fans. Of which Im not. Hail hail by the way.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would like to Thank all the posters that contributed to my rant with comments either Good, Bad or Ugly.

Frank James, I loved your comment about the Greeks, and I quote "They invented both democracy and buggery, a winning combination."

Have a nice day all of you.

Costas

• Like 1

I'm enjoying a nice Hefe Weisbier from a German brewer named Weihenstephaner. It's a delicious wheat beer,

smooth tasting, fruity aromas including banana. Great pouring beer with a generous creamy head. Excellent beer for a hot day.(picture of the label)

I highly recommend this drop, it is sensational!...One of the best in the world!

I am considering starting a Thai Visa Beer Club for anyone interested?

Sorry for the off topic post Costas, but they were getting racist anyway mate. That's not good.

post-151649-0-77043200-1398332553_thumb.

• Like 2

I'm enjoying a nice Hefe Weisbier from a German brewer named Weihenstephaner. It's a delicious wheat beer,

smooth tasting, fruity aromas including banana. Great pouring beer with a generous creamy head. Excellent beer for a hot day.(picture of the label)

I highly recommend this drop, it is sensational!...One of the best in the world!

I am considering starting a Thai Visa Beer Club for anyone interested?

Sorry for the off topic post Costas, but they were getting racist anyway mate. That's not good.

Do you know this is "top-fermented" like ales are. Very different from larger beer.

I tried a similar Weisbier before, nice! But I guess they don't have this at Tesco.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Yes, to you, Sir.

This morning at Tesco, Khon Kaen.

I said to you, Hello, and you, not only ignored me, but you turned your face the other way.

At the same time your Thai wife/gf, waied and smiled at me.

Just want to tell you, You are a Miserable git.

Hey Costa Cordalis, maybe he was a german tax payer and he was unhappy to see the Greek buying all this farang stuff for his money!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes that is the problem starting a beer or bier club when most guys live in Thailand. We all know the selection is limited there which is a little sad.

Perhaps some bars stock some great drops?

Is there a bottle shop in Bkk with a wide range of imported beers? Well there should be.

Anyhow, I will start a club up in the pub section soon for anyone interested. A place to suggest and critique beers from around the world.

• Like 1

Yes that is the problem starting a beer or bier club when most guys live in Thailand. We all know the selection is limited there which is a little sad.

Perhaps some bars stock some great drops?

Is there a bottle shop in Bkk with a wide range of imported beers? Well there should be.

Anyhow, I will start a club up in the pub section soon for anyone interested. A place to suggest and critique beers from around the world.

Do you think I use too much fabric softener in my laundry