Thai girlfriend

khai59

Don't go to Thailand and expect to make any money. Without a degree or any actual skills you will end up broke. A degree in Thailand and 10 baht will get you a bag of chips and that is about it. I know it is hard to have a long distance relationship especially since you have no definite plan of how to live in Thailand. You are so young so probably don't see how silly you are being. Finish your degree, but don't major in a language. Major in something that can actually get you a job overseas. Studying Japanese is as valuable as any other language so ignore the pro chinese people. Take a deep breath and just keep moving forward and don't worry about your relationship. You will ruin your life and your girlfriend's if you just head over without a plan. Let her finish her degree and start her career before you make life altering decisions.

it would seem this flies in the face of every TV poster who claims no thai girl who is decent would ever consider a foreigner, and that all thai girls of 19 are the darlings of all the rich and successful thai men who will scoop them up at 19, if they are of any value at all

well done OP, at least you have crushed a much worn myth

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say, go for it young man. You only live once. Better to regret the things you did than to regret the things you did not do.

If all works well here you are young enough to be ingrained with thainess. You have around 10 years to make it work there.

Many of the girls like a young hansum foreigner so if you play it smart, learn thai language, you can have it all. Education, girls and a job.

Good luck !

• Like 1

I would say, go for it young man. You only live once. Better to regret the things you did than to regret the things you did not do.

If all works well here you are young enough to be ingrained with thainess. You have around 10 years to make it work there.

Many of the girls like a young hansum foreigner so if you play it smart, learn thai language, you can have it all. Education, girls and a job.

Good luck !

omg Beni, no!

we both know, he is not equipped to deal w thailand,

has he even been to thailand?

Don't go to Thailand and expect to make any money. Without a degree or any actual skills you will end up broke. A degree in Thailand and 10 baht will get you a bag of chips and that is about it. I know it is hard to have a long distance relationship especially since you have no definite plan of how to live in Thailand. You are so young so probably don't see how silly you are being. Finish your degree, but don't major in a language. Major in something that can actually get you a job overseas. Studying Japanese is as valuable as any other language so ignore the pro chinese people. Take a deep breath and just keep moving forward and don't worry about your relationship. You will ruin your life and your girlfriend's if you just head over without a plan. Let her finish her degree and start her career before you make life altering decisions.

it would seem this flies in the face of every TV poster who claims no thai girl who is decent would ever consider a foreigner, and that all thai girls of 19 are the darlings of all the rich and successful thai men who will scoop them up at 19, if they are of any value at all

age 19 already on a farang love site shes probably already beeen screwing around for at least a few years

maybe everyone in the village has already done her so shes got no chance of a mariage to anyone she would want ?

age 19 already on a farang love site shes probably already beeen screwing around for at least a few years

maybe everyone in the village has already done her so shes got no chance of a mariage to anyone she would want ?

was that her momma, or her mamma-san?

I am more concerned about the boy,

why oh why, would he be sniffing his laptop for thai?

I have been in france, those girls are cute as hell, and have nothing to do but dance, drink and ________ for gosh sakes, is he an android?

• Like 1

Wait till you get over here boy, once your nuts have dropped of course, and discover that there is more to life than falling in love with internet brides.

You should have checked her passport, she probably takes Mum around the world to visit boys.

If you met her on the internet, she is doing every second johnny that shows interest........... that's the truth boy.

I really hope that you paid for the flights for her family to visit and dropped her a lazy 100k before she left, just so she is "promised" to you.

55555555555555 welcome to Thailand.

• Like 1

Just finish your studies and take it as a normal teenage love.

If she studies at Thammasat and can afford to come to France with her mother for this than they are rich. You better make sure you can afford her when it sticks and that is certainly not gonna happen by coming to work in Thailand on a high-school graduation certificate!

Cheers, enjoy the haze!

By the way did you sleep with her.... I bet not :P

Get into an oil company offshore. You will have money to live here and with a rotation you wont have trouble with visas.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nightmare, don't even think of that.

You are...I believe in Lust...which happens to most men who partake of Thai female charm...give yourself some time to grow up...establish a profession...visit several countries...then see if you still feel the same...

Who paid for their trip to France?

Who arranged their visas for the whole family?

Troll post and a load of BS.

Theres no way a French student can arrange for a Thai family to go to France on a Schengen visa.

Where did they stay? At your Mummy's house? LOL

VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHENGEN VISA

Passport (valid for 6 months)

Copy of passport's photo page

Completed Visa application form

Two color ID photos size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm in white background

Proof of Employment - This will be in the forms of:

Employment which specifically states the applicant's position

If self employed, provide copy of Business registration certificate

Sponsorship letter from the inviting French resident

Motivation Letter - that which relates you reason of visiting France

Proof of accommodation

bank book, bank statements, payment slips showing sufficient funds

Flight reservation and proof of accommodation

APPLYING THROUGH SPONSORSHIP

The sponsor needs to furnish documents proving his financial capacity, should provide a confirmed booking of a return flight tickets, proof of accommodation, a copy of his passport's photopage and all pages stamped by the Thai immigration, proof of medical insurance and motivation letter.

Whats wrong with your own girls? Cant you get in with Alizee?

Theres no way a French student can arrange for a Thai family to go to France on a Schengen visa.

Proof of accommodation

The sponsor needs to furnish documents proving his financial capacity, should provide a confirmed booking of a return flight tickets, proof of accommodation, a copy of his passport's photopage and all pages stamped by the Thai immigration, proof of medical insurance and motivation letter.

There are plenty of Thais who can travel easy and have no problems getting visa, not all are poor....

I think in your situation only you can to make this decision. No one other than yourself knows all the variables. Most of what you will get here is the opinion that this is a 2 for a penny hooker who's scheming with her family to take advantage of wealthy foreigners and that she may have 4 or 5 people on the go like you.

Its an awful stereotype to make but it is what a lot of women do here. Although I have not been on receiving end of a situation like this I have seen it first hand, girls her age being sold off to 3 or 4 different men to pay for her parents retirement. Even if this is not her intention it could be the case that her family are rubbing their hands together. A recent situation a friend was in: Thai boy gets Thai girl pregnant, both in early 20s. Thai girls mum holds his family to a dowry of a New Car, 1 million baht plus a few other requests, they refused to pay and the Thai girls mother says pay or we abort the child.

One thing that you have to understand before making this decision is that in Thailand the above situation is not only socially accepted its expected.

But times are changing and always evolving, education is this country is exponentially better than it was 20 years ago, people are becoming more westernized. I think the dowry will die out with the generations like bride kidnapping has in Uzbekistan.

I fell for a French girl when I was 18, dropped my studies started work and we moved in together. We were together for about 4 years, it did not end well and left me in a bit of a dark place. But that's life and if you don't go through it you wont have lived.

I have made some bad choices in life but the only real regret I have is dropping out of Uni, it constantly comes back and bites you in the ass.

I say go for it! But make sure you keep an open mind and don't be afraid to walk away. Do 12 months in Thailand on an Ed-Visa.

• Like 2

Are you sure there is no one better to ask for help than on an internet forum ? Can your parents advise you ?

totster smile.png

You might consider to listen to your grandma's advice. Or Google it.. facepalm.gif

Edited by sirchai

"she and her parents know my parents and so do i"

Excellent, you know who your parents are, now run along and ask their opinion.

wait a sec

didnt he say he met her n a dating site?

No, he did not. He said he met her on the internet, there are quite a few non dating specific websites on the internet if you take a deeper look.

OP take the comments stating that she must be a whore and out for money with a pinch of salt, unfortunately once one hits a certain age, it is the often the case that options for female company in Thailand are limited to prostitutes - I fear you may have encountered some individuals that live in this scenario day-to-day and assume that their case is that of everybody else. It is highly unlikely that both her and her mother would either qualify for a visa or be able to afford to pop over to France if this were the case - unless of course you paid for them to visit and sponsored the visa, which I doubt.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Proof of accommodation

What you quote above is true and is used by USA and other countries to keep poor, unskilled persons from coming into country and disapear taking low wage jobs. But if you have money as many Thai do ( hi-so 's ) its no problem to get a visa. I personally know a few Thai girls 1 who graduated from Thai and US University and both have traveled all over the world, Europe,USA,Australia,ect. With the money they have in bank and being part of families business is is not difficult for them to get a visa. That being said if OP wants to be with this well off girl he has to bring something to the table, coming over to Thailand to try and find a job with no degree and way to make good money her family would not accept him as he cannot provide her with the lifestyle she is used to. They would definately want sinsod that he knows nothing about and has no way to pay. Come over on ed visa, learn thai and Japanese then get your degree in France or Thailand to get a job that can support you two.

If she is going to university you both have time till you graduate, if she is scaming you will have time if over here for ed visa to find out, good luck.

follow your heart, don't listen to the pessimistic people on here who have obviously been beat up my their own life circumstances they have to project that image upon you. I met my Thai wife when I was 20 I am now 25 and have found a pretty successful way to make a living in Thailand...also anyone who says "you can't make money in Thailand" BS...all it takes is a good idea and a little motivation, but because some of these people have failed at such attempts they don't like the idea of someone younger actually making a success of it..you can never know until you try and IF you happen to fail, so be it, you are still young and will have other chances to make it!

Edited by Smurkster

Proof of accommodation

There are plenty of Thais who can travel easy and have no problems getting visa, not all are poor....

His story is BS.

He says he has got close to her father too. What? Got close to him via Skype? LOL. Only her and her mother apparently came to visit not the father.

Proof of accommodation

What you quote above is true and is used by USA and other countries to keep poor, unskilled persons from coming into country and disapear taking low wage jobs. But if you have money as many Thai do ( hi-so 's ) its no problem to get a visa. I personally know a few Thai girls 1 who graduated from Thai and US University and both have traveled all over the world, Europe,USA,Australia,ect. With the money they have in bank and being part of families business is is not difficult for them to get a visa. That being said if OP wants to be with this well off girl he has to bring something to the table, coming over to Thailand to try and find a job with no degree and way to make good money her family would not accept him as he cannot provide her with the lifestyle she is used to. They would definately want sinsod that he knows nothing about and has no way to pay. Come over on ed visa, learn thai and Japanese then get your degree in France or Thailand to get a job that can support you two.

If she is going to university you both have time till you graduate, if she is scaming you will have time if over here for ed visa to find out, good luck.

Exactly!

Waisting his and hers time.

You are probably right!... but it got you here reading it and looking at all the revenue generating ads lol

Proof of accommodation

His story is BS.

He says he has got close to her father too. What? Got close to him via Skype? LOL. Only her and her mother apparently came to visit not the father.