Yingluck says she is ready to quit politics if it’s the need of majority

Lite Beer

Did any of you yellows read the Thaivisa topic where they showed what each of the big political people of both parties had for equaty and what they owed to the bank.

It stated clearly that Yuingluck was almost free of debt. Understandably as she has had her fingers in the cooky jar for some time now. She is worth a lot, and I agree it's from thievery.

Buuuuuut,

Suthrup is in the red. He owes more than his assets. No one pointed this out at the time but I am sure that this is why he needs to get contole.

He needs to steel from the people as well. He has blood on his hands and neeeeeds money badly.

This is the reason he cannot abandon this overthrow. He has no way out.

Why would the people want a new person in big need of funds in power of this country.

I think the polotitions will be awakened, (if there is a cleaning of house in the courts,,,most nessesary) to the fact that corruption is a dangerous thing.

There has to be people sent to jail.

But,,,,,,,,,,,, by no way put Suthrup in charge, wow what a freek show this would all be if he got in.

I have no bias, I just wish the courts would do there job and move on.

Suthep can never be the next PM, he is too divisive. Same goes for Abhisit. Nor can we have another Shin for the same reason.

The next PM must be acceptable to both wings of Thai society

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did any of you yellows read the Thaivisa topic where they showed what each of the big political people of both parties had for equaty and what they owed to the bank.

It stated clearly that Yuingluck was almost free of debt. Understandably as she has had her fingers in the cooky jar for some time now. She is worth a lot, and I agree it's from thievery.

Buuuuuut,

Suthrup is in the red. He owes more than his assets. No one pointed this out at the time but I am sure that this is why he needs to get contole.

He needs to steel from the people as well. He has blood on his hands and neeeeeds money badly.

Why would the people want a new person in big need of funds in power of this country.

I think the polotitions will be awakened, (if there is a cleaning of house in the courts,,,most nessesary) to the fact that corruption is a dangerous thing.

But,,,,,,,,,,,, by no way put Suthrup in charge, wow what a freek show this would all be if he got in.

Suthep can never be the next PM, he is too divisive. Same goes for Abhisit. Nor can we have another Shin for the same reason.

Is there ANYONE with hands clean enough, and yet with the name recognition and political capital, to BE the next PM and someone who can change things for the better? Or even just tackle corruption?

Your right, there is probably no one clean and wants to stay clean.

I don't think there will be a quick sollution to this Thai government issue.

I think in the short term, Yingluck may feel the pressure to keep herself and her hungry squad in check.

The country my be best off to stay with her for one more term with this new feer she must have.

Maybe something will chamge during the term that would help to curb coruption a bit. We can hope.

Now there is a feer of resession here where the rest of the world may be comming out of one.

Your right, there is probably no one clean and wants to stay clean.

I don't think there will be a quick sollution to this Thai government issue.

I think in the short term, Yingluck may feel the pressure to keep herself and her hungry squad in check.

The country my be best off to stay with her for one more term with this new feer she must have.

Maybe something will chamge during the term that would help to curb coruption a bit. We can hope.

Now there is a feer of resession here where the rest of the world may be comming out of one.

Disagree that keeping Yingluck on makes any sense at all. Except by the shin-rouge (for whom her actual qualifications and capabilities are irrelevant), she's too widely perceived as incompetent and nothing more than a proxy for her convict brother. Even among red factions I think there's a growing weariness with her and the Shinawatres.

Buuuuuut,

Is there ANYONE with hands clean enough, and yet with the name recognition and political capital, to BE the next PM and someone who can change things for the better? Or even just tackle corruption?

Perhaps just possibly Korn, with his good reputation on economic-matters, as the Thai economy continues to deteriorate, and if he too isn't smeared with responsibility for 2010 ?

Buuuuuut,

Perhaps just possibly Korn, with his good reputation on economic-matters, as the Thai economy continues to deteriorate, and if he too isn't smeared with responsibility for 2010 ?

Korn Chatikavanij isn't seen as impartial at all.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good prime minister, of course, just saying he might not be acceptable.

Also, handling the economy is one thing, bridging the rifts in Thai society is another. Not sure Korn carries enough prestige to do that.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good prime minister, of course, just saying he might not be acceptable.

Also, handling the economy is one thing, bridging the rifts in Thai society is another. Not sure Korn carries enough prestige to do that.

So who else would you propose ? wai2.gif

And at last we arrive at the crux of the problem. Once populism sinks its teeth into a society, no one can keep their hands clean for very long. Voters all want and are conditioned to expect their bennies. Politicians want their sinecures. Concepts like limited government and the national interest have long left the station. Anti-corruption initiatives get lip service, but the social order doesn't really have the stomach for reform. It's not an easy road back...sort of like narcotic withdrawal.

Politicians who, like Thaksin, have introduced these pandering schemes, have done their people and their countries a serious disservice and should be recognized for the villains they really are. But the loyalties bought and paid for with those schemes don't die easy; it's human nature to cling to them, having been endlessly promised a better tomorrow.

Edited by hawker9000

I do not have a candidate in mind, and right now there's no accepted functioning mechanism to elect and appoint a candidate (comments on cue..., election would be nice, Suthep is evil for blocking election, reform before election, yada yada yada).

Most able people with enough prestige are either associated politically, too involved in conflicting business interests or simply do not want to get in the muck.

Which ever government comes next will have to deal with a huge set of problems on few fronts, without any signs that sides are really ready to put down their arms and work together.

• Like 1

Buuuuuut,

Got to love these newbies.

Suthep is not running for any office.

But you got the he is in the red rite. Yingluck owes far less than she has in assets and it has increased under her leadership in the country.

I do not have a candidate in mind, and right now there's no accepted functioning mechanism to elect and appoint a candidate (comments on cue..., election would be nice, Suthep is evil for blocking election, reform before election, yada yada yada).

Most able people with enough prestige are either associated politically, too involved in conflicting business interests or simply do not want to get in the muck.

Which ever government comes next will have to deal with a huge set of problems on few fronts, without any signs that sides are really ready to put down their arms and work together.

That is exactly why we need reform before an election. There is enough non political people in all the other facets of Thailand to come together and work for the betterment of Thailand. Picking the leader would be the main problem. Some would not agree to any one unless they favored them. Another election with no reform no matter who wins it will still leave Thailand in the mess it is in now. Tell me you are sure the red shirts would go home with a smile on their face if the democrats won.

Or the grass roots would be content if the PTP won?

My personal opinion is that an election with out reform will leave Thailand in the same mess it is in now. You can make up all kinds of things on what the new government must do but once they are in how are they going to be forced into doing it. There is no law or part of the constitution that would force them to do what they say they will do. Any one in a country where they have politicians running for office knows that what they say and what they deliver are general different things. That is because their is no law to force them to live up to their election promises. Or if they attempt to do them be honest in their efforts.

Example look at the junk pads they are giving out to the chosen ones not to every one. The law allowed them to make that promise and make a joke out of the attempt at it.

That is exactly why we need reform before an election. There is enough non political people in all the other facets of Thailand to come together and work for the betterment of Thailand. Picking the leader would be the main problem. Some would not agree to any one unless they favored them. Another election with no reform no matter who wins it will still leave Thailand in the mess it is in now. Tell me you are sure the red shirts would go home with a smile on their face if the democrats won.

Or the grass roots would be content if the PTP won?

My personal opinion is that an election with out reform will leave Thailand in the same mess it is in now. You can make up all kinds of things on what the new government must do but once they are in how are they going to be forced into doing it. There is no law or part of the constitution that would force them to do what they say they will do. Any one in a country where they have politicians running for office knows that what they say and what they deliver are general different things. That is because their is no law to force them to live up to their election promises. Or if they attempt to do them be honest in their efforts.

Example look at the junk pads they are giving out to the chosen ones not to every one. The law allowed them to make that promise and make a joke out of the attempt at it.

Repeating that "reform" is needed is all very nice, there's just those pesky tiny issues of not having a general agreement regarding the content of "reform", nor on whom gets to have a say or how to go about implementing it.

Not claiming that another elections would solve anything. It won't. We'll get the same old set of faces, maybe some taking the backseat, we'll hear a lot of slogans and promises. Once the smoke clears, the winning side (whichever) will get a turn at the trough, paying leap service to "reform" while further manipulating the system to their benefit, and treating election results as "proof" that they are doing the right thing. This while discrediting the losers and throwing away the notion of consensus.

Would be interesting to see what happens if neither side will be able to form a coalition, thus forcing them to cooperate. I think that generally, these sort of governments do not work out for the best, but might serve to keep both sides at check.