What can an android phone do that a iphone cant

you can carry spare batteries or even buy an extended battery with double or triple the capacity on popular android phones

most apps are free or have a free version

top end android phones have bigger clearer screens and higher spec than iphones

you can load in free music and vids from a pc without having to go through itunes

on top of all this ,they are cheaper and much more customisable with a wider selection of handsets

i could write all day but i think the apple /android debate is beatdeadhorse.gif now so just buy whatever you like ...........

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Looke all over the net for a difinitive anwser but cannot find so i thought id reach out to android users.

Im looking to get a new phone as i have a 4s but not sure to get another Iphone or Andorid so apart from the hardware(screen size, ram etc) software wise what does a android offer that an iphone doesnt?..........................

In my humble opinion you are looking at the question the wrong way round, if you go with Apple you are going to be brand limited in many ways regarding apps - music - games - data compatibility - hardware compatibility etc, try to BT a file from an Android phone to an Iphone and you will see what I mean

Also Android has the world market share by quite a margin and in some countries it's as much as 70%

Do not believe the rubbish about virus myths etc - although Android offers a little more control over your device which I call freedom - as long as you stick with the PS for apps etc you are just as safe as Apple - music - movies is entirely up to you and safe

I've seen an iphone with Android installed - go figure, they can be hacked

• Like 1

Google and tubemate..YouTube downloader..warns against problems with malware..tubemate says not to get it from google..even an update from tubemate..

My avast antiviral app checks all my apps . iPhone 5s has the greatest camera stuff..otherwise, I thought android is cheaper..

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Google and tubemate..YouTube downloader..warns against problems with malware..tubemate says not to get it from google..even an update from tubemate..

My avast antiviral app checks all my apps . iPhone 5s has the greatest camera stuff..otherwise, I thought android is cheaper..

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't believe all you read/see on the net mate, also not sure what you mean about "greatest camera stuff" but the market leaders in camera phones in the world right now are Sony and Nokia, I happen to have a Sony Z1 and the camera is simply superb - also note that as far as I know Apple use a Sony camera module in their phones but not the one in the Z1 or Z2 which is a 20mp unit, if I was in the market for a phone right now it would be a Sony Z2 or a Nokia Lumina - an iphone would not be on my shopping list as I like to make my own choice for music video etc and the iphone devices are too small

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Widgets for one.

This is true. Widgets are useful. I also feel the Google keyboard is better than the iOS one (though on tablets the "pull apart" gesture on iOS is excellent).

Just one current example why you have to take care even at the google playstore http://m.networkworld.com/news/2014/040714-android-antivirus-app-280469.html?mm_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.de%2F

yikes. and apparently people have been hiding bit coin mining apps as wallpapers:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/04/covert-bitcoin-miner-found-stashed-in-malicious-google-play-apps/

I use the email and calendar widgets a the time..that in addition to the gmail and Google integration with chrome and Microsoft make it generally outstanding.

The nexus range, for the cost is outstanding value. 2 phones and 3 tablet at approximately half the price of apple. All working flawlessly for about 2 years.

Apple is nice, and the design is flawless, but in terms of day to day usability and value androwid on a nexus device just kicks ass.

Just bought chromecast. Going to start streaming the sport. What can u say. Its just outdtanding value.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Camera.. I meant on a phone..not a real camera.. iPhone, never my choice, has a multicolor flash, good for Asians, it chooses the 'best: shot from a burst of actions shots..lol..the storage of a year's pics is something android will recreate I'm sure.. thanks, mate..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Camera.. I meant on a phone..not a real camera.. iPhone, never my choice, has a multicolor flash, good for Asians, it chooses the 'best: shot from a burst of actions shots..lol..the storage of a year's pics is something android will recreate I'm sure.. thanks, mate..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have 750 photos on my phone dating back to 2004, obviously not all taken with my current Xperia Z1, I also have 100 albums, my smart phone is slowly replacing my laptop but will never do it completely especially for high end games like Call of Duty or the like

• Like 1

^^^ My Note 3 pretty much replaced my laptop already. I don't play much games though.

With my zerolemon 10,000 mah battery I can go for 2-4 days on a single charge... Never been able to kill this monster battery in one day.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been an iPhone user since the iPhone 4 days and recently bought a cheap 2nd hand Samsung S3 just to find out what the differences are.

It took some getting used to but after 3 weeks of usage I have to say I like the Android platform better. As a heavy email user, the biggest plus for me on the Android is the ease with which to attach files to email, be it excel (most common for me), pictures, or videos. I can even attach a file directly from my Dropbox.

Also, the ability to have multiple batteries on the go is important as I am on the phone almost all the time emailing or tweeting. For my iPhone, I would need battery packs which hinders my usage.

That's my personal experience and I am sure yours will be different. I suggestion is to get a cheap 2nd hand Android and try it out before you splash out on the latest Android gadget.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I got android phone, $10K Samsung galexy

she got I phone, $20K from apple store

I get all the free books and music I want using U torrent and etc......

She gets I tunes, nothing free but crap tunes....

I phone not suport u torrents, and all her music and e book go on MY credit card. blink.png

For the money Android is better...IMHO thumbsup.gif

You know when I started this thread I was more apple than android but as I've read the thread if taken more of a in depth look and I have to be honest lookin at the middle to high end end demo phones in tesco the pullin out my 4s the iPhone looked very very old and I'm talking more of the iOS look than the size, widgets make a lot of difference and so do launchers,

I think the next phone will be a galaxy note possible wait for the note 4 to drop