In love with thai girl married to thai man

tekNique

if her job is working with computers she sure can contact you.she doesn't need her iphone.how is she working if she is kidnapped .and yes a divorce is a few hundred baht.. If she is hostage call the authorities and find out...I also agree with the PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR. It will save you 29,000 us dollars...cheers

You have a thing that is called Thailand fever.

By answering the Skype call you already lost.

This is a scam and the only thing you can do is walk away.

Listen to all the others here.

I took me 1 month before i could give the first kiss to my wife which i met during a business meeting.

A normal girl will never go to bed with someone she only knows from the internet.

May Buddha be with you because you will get burned big time.

• Like 1

I know it looks stupid, I know there is 1000's of stories that state "but we really love each other"......but you know there is the one in a thousand that really do.          I have had a relationship with a thai woman before for 8 years so im not oblivious to thai culture.

Yes she is not an educated girl.    She was married at 19 and is now 26 and no longer loves this man, she wants out but he wont let her even though of her infidelity with me.       She is of good heart and only wants her freedom from a loveless marriage I believe this, I never gave her money of any kind.        Her mother and Thai husband knew I was coming to Thailand to see her and were okay with it but once it actually happened jealousy kicked in and they changed there tune.           It is like a story of forbidden love.

I want to know if there is anything she can do to get divorce under thai law, without me having to pay bribe to husband.

There is nothing to be paid towards him or her...

If you got the e-mail from him that states that he accept her divorce if you pay him 30k$ , then that is in his disadvantage.

If the wife committed adultery, as she did, they can divorce within an blink of an eye...

If she's really held hostage, make it be confirmed from here friends, then have a lawyer and police to rescue her.

Make her clear about that and that you'r willing to prosecute him for extortion.

Holding her against her will , is a crime in Thailand, as it is in any normal land... ( Thailand is an normal land )

If she's asking for money to divorce from him, then its more likely a scam.

Save the money to build a future together or spend it on a decent lawyer to save her.

Im no expert, but I did read on some Thai legal sites that a woman cannot divorce a man for adultery in Thailand. A man can divorce a woman for adultery though, which says a lot about the different statuses of men and women in Thailand ! 

Oh man you must, I strongly suggest you hand over this money ASAP. Also when you do and are back in Australia working again.
Make sure to keep sending her an allowance once per month for the family to build their lives, I mean for HER to escape the poverty.
Really guy stupid people like you need to learn lesson in life the hard way. And it's guys like you that get burnt here end up home with their tails between their legs telling everyone how bad Thai people are. When in reality you should be telling people how stupid your are. Stupid Buffalo you shall be called by the whole team.

RE adultery post, yea that's grounds for him to get divorce but he dosent want.    She the one that wants not him, her adultery is not grounds for HER to divorce under thai law.

Ok,i knew that,i just wanted to see how green you are.Re vid,baht a dozen in Thailand.As i said before why the hurry to marry.Most Thai's dont legally get married so why should you worry.

Well because we talked about having a life in Australia and its is much easier to get visa if marry, and I want to marry her with a pre nup in place of course.          She is legally married in Thailand so I can not marry her.

My man, it won't be very long before everyone's sympathy and wish to help you will evaporate. As my late father used to say, if you ask for advice listen to it and evaluate it. You are not in that position as 100% of responses are warning you off and still you pursue a dead end. To cap it all she is nine years older than you, more experienced and obviously very street wise. You are on a hiding to nothing. Wise up, eat humble pie and find a genuine girl who wants you for what you are not your coin, which being blunt at your young age probably isn't very much to start with. You are flogging a very expensive dead horse.

Oh man you must, I strongly suggest you hand over this money ASAP. Also when you do and are back in Australia working again.
Make sure to keep sending her an allowance once per month for the family to build their lives, I mean for HER to escape the poverty.
Really guy stupid people like you need to learn lesson in life the hard way. And it's guys like you that get burnt here end up home with their tails between their legs telling everyone how bad Thai people are. When in reality you should be telling people how stupid your are. Stupid Buffalo you shall be called by the whole team.

Pfft I haven't sent her anything knob, I think this thread should be closed and archived now.     Mods please do so, if something happens in the future I will update in a new thread.

/cheers

You'll just have to accept the many cynical replies on Thai Visa!  She looks like a cute girl and I don't blame you for pursuing a relationship with her.  But I would just tell her you can't send her a sum like 30,000 at the moment and wait until you're next in Thailand when you can try to sort the situation out in person (with her).

• Like 1

I know, but we skyped every day for 2 months for like 2 hours a day so I didn't just fall in love over 2 weeks.  You learn a lot about each other when you video call each other this much so I already had feelings for her before I went to Thailand.            I don't believe she would Skype with me this much if she wasn't really interested me as she was always asking in email "you Skype tonight mai".                    Its to much time to just try and scam someone, a scammer or some one who just wanted a gik payment wouldn't invest that much time.

I appreciate all replies, cynicism included as I need to look from different view points as I feel quite confused at the moment.   Mrjlh I appreciate your post mak.

I fear this could very well be another well worked scam. And if you took the bait your girl friend would be extremely well paid for her 2 hours a day for 2 months on Skype. About $265 an hour. The best advice you have been given is to let her find the solution to the problem. Stand back. It is her problem not yours and if she really loves you she will find a way. i would doubt that she has been banged up to the extent she claims and I would also doubt that the man is her husband. It could well be the boyfriend of the woman who is keeping in contact with you. Mobile phones are the life blood of Thai woman and if her friend can contact you so also can your girl friend. You not being able to contact her is par for the course. I think if you Google her photos you may very well might find her on other dating sites? I hope you used a condom while on holiday because you might just get a message saying that she is pregnant and that's gonna cost you. I would send a message back to her friend saying that you don't want to break up the happy family and simply don't have the 'ALL' money to pay for the divorce and I would imagine the $30,000 dollars might well be reduced?

I doubt jealousy is involved my friend, husband and mom smell money, a divorce here is the easiest and cheapest thing going.,
Try to get her out of her situation and rent a studio for her, really I am sure she can live quite cheaply till things cool down.
Good luck

Why do you write in for help and then justify, argue with everyone who tries to help you.  Believe me, most speak from experience.

There was an almost identical letter a few weeks ago. Stop planning your answer to each note and LISTEN to what is being advised.

You are being conned.  Send me your $30,000 and I and my Navy Seal team will extract her. 

Wait, is there a spec op package secure and egress bid happening here? If so, I'm in. And undercutting the SEAL (puss). I got my 6-member Flit Fairy Sparkle Dust (FFSD) team, ready to rapid deploy, tinkle in on the warming air currents. We'll git 'er done for 15-k (plus tuk-tuk expenses).

Makes about as much sense as OP.

• Like 1

I have to listen to every post and haven't argued with anyone except the one who started throwing insults at me.   I have said I proceed with caution and I will not be paying her husband anything many times now.

Having said that (im getting ready for the backlash) but I ill be honest, I just talked with her on Skype as she is back out of house now and back at work and im going to send her 20000 baht to rent a studio/apartment.   I then help her out as I see fit with much caution and online detective work.  (puts flame suit on)   

Edited by tekNique

Don't send her 20,000 baht just now!! Are you crazy?? Give it a couple of weeks at least to try and actually find out what is really going on!! I would start with joining Spokeo to find out if she's on other dating sites. If you MUST send money.............try sending 1000 baht just now then check with Western Union where the money was picked up! They can tell you the exact town and location!

Edited by Rob180
  • Like 1

tekNique, I advised you to run.

I now see that your OP was your first, and that rings bells for me, and those bells are ringing out 'troll', but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and post again.

You've been advised by people with a LOT more experience that I have, that you're being played, the husband may not exist, her gf's arein on the scam, divorce is cheap, that if her friends are visiting her, they could alert authorities if she's being 'held', so take the advice, and dump this woman.  How much opinion and evidence do you need from guys who've been through the mill??

If you go further, you won't get the benefit of any doubt from me, and I'll know you're a troll.

I appreciate your post but the fact that you and many others have suggested im trolling re affirms my belief that there are way to many cynics on the internet.   Some people are true natured this was my first post as I googled thai divorce and this forum came up heaps.             

Breaking news she just skyped me right now from work but it is hard as her mom is around.  So im trying to get an explanation

Being cynical is the only way to survive these days,you need to get some.On the other hand we all could be wrong and your girl is different.

I have to listen to every post and haven't argued with anyone except the one who started throwing insults at me.   I have said I proceed with caution and I will not be paying her husband anything many times now.

Having said that (im getting ready for the backlash) but I ill be honest, I just talked with her on Skype as she is back out of house now and back at work and im going to send her 20000 baht to rent a studio/apartment.   I then help her out as I see fit with much caution and online detective work.  (puts flame suit on)   

No need for flame suit, more like a straight jacket. 20,000 baht to rent a studio apartment. I understood she was in darkest Thailand, not Tokyo, HK, or Singapore. Furk me you need a furking good slapping. Make sure that her hubby send you a mail thanking you for your generosity to them both. Time to say good night, adios, bye bye, there is one born every minute, but thankfully they are not all as thick as you.
  • Like 2

Don't send her 20,000 baht just now!! Are you crazy?? Give it a couple of weeks at least to try and actually find out what is really going on!! I would start with joining Spokeo to find out if she's on other dating sites. If you MUST send money.............try sending 1000 baht just now then check with Western Union where the money was picked up! They can tell you the exact town and location!

He wants to get her out of the "family" home and into her own apartment/room.  20,000 baht would be money well spent if it achieves that.

@tekNique...

Man...are you outta your freakin mind or what?!

" Im 35 she is 26"...your post #68....sure she is....what, did she show you a

piede of paper saying so? If it was her ID can you read Thai?

Your lil YT video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqCVaMBQ9OA&feature=youtu.be

So you got a leg over with a youngun...big deal.

First off...I doubt she's 26...more like 20 maybe & that could be pushing it.

Secondly....you're being scammed. Don't feel bad about it though, many of us

on this forum have been at least once....I have...twice. But that was long before

hand phones were made available to the masses and usually only found inside

limo's @ about 8 USD a minute...and couldn't readily be smashed by anybody.

Thirdly...drop her like a burning poop after a huge meal of somtam.

Fourthly(sp!)...Take all the advice you have been freely given on this thread you

started and get on with life...without the scheming lil tart.

Fifth...go on and kick the reefer door real good...you'll feel better plus buying

a new fridge will be much cheaper than losing 30K on a scam. So what if you

hurt your toe...you learn better that way.

Chok Di...

Don't send her a single satang...wait a while...a long while...perhaps till the sheep learn

how to saturation dive or something similar.

Im no expert, but I did read on some Thai legal sites that a woman cannot divorce a man for adultery in Thailand. A man can divorce a woman for adultery though, which says a lot about the different statuses of men and women in Thailand ! 

GROUND FOR DIVORCE IN THAILAND
  1. a 3-year period of separation
  2. One spouse has deserted the other for over one year
  3. The husband has taken another woman as his wife
  4. The wife has committed adultery
  5. One spouse is guilty of misconduct (criminal or otherwise)
  6. One spouse has physically or mentally harmed the other
  7. Lack of Maintenance and Support
  8. One spouse has had incurable insanity for at least 3 years
  9. One spouse has broken the bond of good behavior
  10. One spouse has an incurable, communicable and dangerous disease
  11. One spouse has a physical disadvantage so as to be unable to cohabit as husband and wife.

The only thing is, she have to declare that she did commit adultery and that she wants to divorce because of that.

Nowhere is stated that she can not divorce 

Holding her hostage is also misconduct... or even mentally harming her...

anyhow, an contested divorce is also a divorce...

You are a troll,just wringing the life out of the story.Im waiting for your lovely to declare her pregnancy.She cant rent her own apartment as other people do.
  • Like 1

Hi Technik,

I haven't taken any time to read the crap other posters write.

I have been going to Thailand for 14 years for my job. I have seen older men with younger ladies, where the younger ladies are ripping the older men off, of all their savings of a lifetime. 

I know you are not that old, but my point is, be careful. Don't show your love with money, because you will always be a looser.

She lied in the first place. So my advise, the relationship is built on sand, not on concrete.

If you are married, you have responsibilities. She had to think about it from the very first day when she married the guy.

How would you react (in case it is no scam) if you are married for many years and you find out your wife is going with other men?

There no such thing like paying money to divorce. That is bull shit. So, it is clear it is a scam.

I advise you to move on with your life. I know it is a hard pill to swallow when you realize you have been loosing so much time these few months trying to build up something that fails.

If you feel no good, get depressed, get some Saint John's wort pills, and you'll get over your depressed feelings pretty well. It is a natural product that will help you a lot and after a few weeks from now, you'll start to see things more clearly.

I don't want to make a fool of you like some of them love to do on this forum, I want to be a helping hand.

Wish you good luck and please, don't let love and money interfere with each other.

You are a troll,just wringing the life out of the story.Im waiting for your lovely to declare her pregnancy.She cant rent her own apartment as other people do.
  • Like 2

mate she is an honest and wonderful girl !

so pay up , its that simple !

p.s. i have a bridge for sale that has toll gates and everything , its in a central location in Sydney and i will part with it cheap.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Ha ha ha Good P.S. for this trolls BS story written to get the trolls going. Ha ha ha