Work Permit Expiring - Extension of stay validity

I hold a work permit which will expire ata the end of this month, unfortunatley the company I work for has informed me that they will not renew work permit due to lack of new contracts.

Question: My extension of stay visa runs to beginning of July 2014, will this still be valid if I do not hold a current work permit?

Work permits and permits to stay are not tied together according to the rules.

There a few outdated work permit offices that still do it though.

Thanks for your comments. My work permit and extension are as you say not tied together even though the extension of stay was applied for at same time as work permit application.

Do I need any document stating that the work permit has been returned when I exit the country, or for when I hopefully secure a new contract, or is that the responsibility of company?

You or the company needs to cancel the work permit unless it is already expired. You don't need the cancellation to leave.

You should also cancel your extension by taking a letter to immigration stating the date your job will end. There have been reports of people being turned back at a border crossing with a valid extension based upon working and no re-entry permit. If you are flying out it will not be a problem.