Future leaders? Ferrari-driving rich Thai kids make fools of themselves in Vice video

webfact

Future leaders? Ferrari-driving rich kids make fools of themselves in Vice video
By Coconuts Bangkok

screenshots_2014-04-24_at_11.09.18_am.jp

BANGKOK: -- The simplistic argument that Thailand's political crisis boils down to a class war between poor, upcountry rice farmers and corrupt Bangkok overlords just got a whole lot more ammunition.

Why? Because two young and mega-wealthy PDRC protest leaders let themselves be filmed gallivanting around Bangkok in a vintage Ferrari, sipping fine cognac at Maggie Choo's and saying things like “he is an assassin” about their bodyguards.

Indeed, the Vice News video “Driving Ferraris with Thai Royalists” has just been released, and the two popped-collar poseurs they profiled – Thanat “Nat” Thanakitamnuay and Victor Kritsanaseranee – sure do a successful job of making themselves look like pompous asses.

Nat, an heir to the Noble Home Development fortune, is already infamous for driving his Porsche 911 into a group of Red Shirt protesters. He discusses the incident at the four minute mark, saying “I was just taking a joyride” before he ran over the protestors.

ferrari.pull_.png

Some choice soundbites:
“When I had a problem, they [my parents] sent me to a better school. When I have another problem they send me to an even better school. And when I have lots of problems, they send me to the top school.” [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/04/24/future-leaders-ferrari-driving-rich-kids-make-asses-themselves-vice-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-04-24

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I had a problem, they [my parents] sent me to a better school. When I have another problem they send me to an even better school. And when I have lots of problems, they send me to the top school.”

Crying shame the parents didn't send him to the English boarding school with the motto :

"Spare the rod and spoil the child"

• Like 2

So those two are pictured as PDRC protest leaders now.

Strange that their name is never mentioned as protest leader before this day, not on this forum nor in other media.

Did they just get promoted today, or did Coconuts want to make their story a bit more interesting by throwing in some lies ?

https://www.facebook.com/PDRCThailand/posts/730802290271924

Google can be your friend...

• Like 2

These kids truly are idiots and deserve whatever scorn is heaped on them.

That being said, before the pro red TVers start whining about the 'elites' and the 'ammarts' and how the law doesn't apply to them or their kindred blah blah blah blah. Please be reminded that BOTH sides have snotty bratty kids who are above the law. For example, the alcoholic minister whose son shot dead a policeman and got away with it.

Sure, is good to remind that too. Chalerm and his sons are abject no more no less than the old ammarts.

Sure the most of the untouchables are to be found in the powerful Bangkok families, don't you convene on this?

I'm just saying if red hypocrites come crying foul about the 'ammarts' and the PRDC because of these rich idiots, they better be sure the people they so lovingly support are clean.

• Like 2

These kids truly are idiots and deserve whatever scorn is heaped on them.

That being said, before the pro red TVers start whining about the 'elites' and the 'ammarts' and how the law doesn't apply to them or their kindred blah blah blah blah. Please be reminded that BOTH sides have snotty bratty kids who are above the law. For example, the alcoholic minister whose son shot dead a policeman and got away with it.

Sure, is good to remind that too. Chalerm and his sons are abject no more no less than the old ammarts.

Sure the most of the untouchables are to be found in the powerful Bangkok families, don't you convene on this?

I'm just saying if red hypocrites come crying foul about the 'ammarts' and the PRDC because of these rich idiots, they better be sure the people they so lovingly support are clean.

But I convene with you, neither of two sides are clean...

• Like 2

What are these young lads doing. At the current time of political turmoil,surely doing something like this is not the best move. Can they not just enjoy their wealth quietly without rubbing it in the faces of other people.

Surely someone should have pulled them aside and advised them this was not a particularly good idea.

• Like 2

This is exactly why some of the most wealthy men in America give their wealth to charity. Not their kids. Take Bill Gates for example.......I find this behavior disgusting as d most wealthy people. They are not an example we want to portray and are usually not as wealthy as everyone thinks they are...

What did bill gates do?

• Like 1