Future leaders? Ferrari-driving rich Thai kids make fools of themselves in Vice video

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the headline tad misleading (no, never w00t.gif ), what was so much more obnoxious about these kids other than any other kid from a wealthy family anywhere? I didn't here the word 'kwai', just a lot of the usual king and country waffle. I doubt they have much more idea about democracy and politics than the vast majority of the other lot huh.png

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It would be a disgusting situation if clueless people with no qualifications except being part of a rich family were to become leaders of this country, thank goodness we have groups like the Red Shirts striving to prevent such things.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

I'm glad you noted it was sarcasm, there are people who would make such a statement and be completely unaware of how ridiculous it was.

I guess they should have donned their Burberry boots and farmer-wear and shot footage in the rice fields to show they are down with the common folk. What a bunch of haters in this thread. I failed to see anything in that video from the two interviewed that would draw my ire.

Following a couple of rich kids around while they drive fancy cars, go clubbing and sit around looking slick transposed with footage of protests and violence completely failed to inform or properly report on the situation. It's not clear what picture VICE was trying to paint but if I knew nothing of the situation I would arrive at a pretty skewed conclusion.

Did you not listen to what they said?

We're constantly being lectured on here that the PDRC are campaigning against corruption or Thaksin or Yingluck or the Rice Subsidy scheme or Elections or whatever it is this week, but we've been told lies.

As far as these two are concerned they're fighting for the right to drive your pony (hiso speak for Ferrari) around Bangkok.

.....................and that doesn't "draw your ire" ?

Actually it is you and your ilk who tend to post the lies on TV.

This is a shallow piece from a questionable 'journal' about rich youngsters behaving like spoiled brats - which far too many offspring of company founders (& corrupt police officers) are.

It's in the upbringing and in my experience the mothers are more responsible because they spoil their sons rotten.

These two haven't actually done anything wrong - yet. But if they do, there's always the corrupt BIB to sort out their problems.

BTW they have every right to drive their 'pony' around Bangkok but 'drive' doesn't mean 'race'.

I'm getting more than a little <deleted> off with people like you calling me a liar. Find one lie in my post above or apologise. You get away with it far too often.

"well..... let them eat cake!"

Well.....I for one would be interested to see if these two oh so admirable young scions of wealth also have titillating videos of their girl friends eating birthday cake. ph34r.png

Please comment after listening carefully and taking the effort to see the 25 minutes footage.

He says: When I had a problem, they [my parents] sent me to a better school. When I have another problem they send me to an even better school. And when I have lots of problems, they send me to the top school.

That would make you think what a (deleted) he is. And that is where it goes wrong because he said, right after: so it is all about who you know, you build up those relations during your whole live, and THAT IS WHY THIS COUNTRY FAILS. So he was not bragging about going to those schools, he was using it as an illustration.

Have you never heard of hypocrisy? Have you never heard of 'crocodile tears'?

Don't you realise that rich, privileged people like this guy actually want Thailand to 'fail' and stay failed? Why? Because that benefits themselves, as these people benefit hugely from corruption. With corruption, they can keep their privileges, their Ferraris, their status.

Here's the test. If this guy likes fairness and lack-of-corruption so much why doesn't he, and most of the uber-rich in Bangkok, move to uncorrupted countries like Denmark? Simple reason: these rich Thais just love the corruption here - when it benefits themselves (and it usually does).

Why don't you mention another part of the interview where he says he's employed a bodyguard who is an ex-prisoner and an assassin. Doesn't that tell you what kind of person he is? He admits he employs a murderer: is that a reasonable thing to do? Would that be acceptable in western countries?

And look at the scene where the PDRC are blocking elections and taking over a government building with their violent guards. Doesn't that tell you that here we have a bunch of corrupt 'rulers' or ammart in charge of a private army who can virtually do what they want in Bangkok?

These people think they own Thailand, simply because they own inner Bangkok. I'd think they might be wrong about that. Maybe an election is called for.

Edited by anteater
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Given adequate time, most modern free-market societies devolve into fascism. Thailand's well on it's way. Considering these boys have probably never done a productive day's work to earn their own money, chances are they will 'be placed' into positions of political power by their families and elite friends for lack of anything better to do. So yes, they probably will be Thailand's Future leaders. It's the way of the world. Nothing new under the sun. And to be honest, it won't make a bit of difference. So to quote Bobby McFarrin, "Don't worry, be happy!" smile.png

It will either be these spoiled brats, or perhaps Thaksin spoiled brats and Chalerm's spoiled brats.

I guess they should have donned their Burberry boots and farmer-wear and shot footage in the rice fields to show they are down with the common folk. What a bunch of haters in this thread. I failed to see anything in that video from the two interviewed that would draw my ire.

Following a couple of rich kids around while they drive fancy cars, go clubbing and sit around looking slick transposed with footage of protests and violence completely failed to inform or properly report on the situation. It's not clear what picture VICE was trying to paint but if I knew nothing of the situation I would arrive at a pretty skewed conclusion.

We're constantly being lectured on here that the PDRC are campaigning against corruption or Thaksin or Yingluck or the Rice Subsidy scheme or Elections or whatever it is this week, but we've been told lies.

As far as these two are concerned they're fighting for the right to drive your pony (hiso speak for Ferrari) around Bangkok.

This is a shallow piece from a questionable 'journal' about rich youngsters behaving like spoiled brats - which far too many offspring of company founders (& corrupt police officers) are.

It's in the upbringing and in my experience the mothers are more responsible because they spoil their sons rotten.

These two haven't actually done anything wrong - yet. But if they do, there's always the corrupt BIB to sort out their problems.

BTW they have every right to drive their 'pony' around Bangkok but 'drive' doesn't mean 'race'.

I'm getting more than a little <deleted> off with people like you calling me a liar. Find one lie in my post above or apologise. You get away with it far too often.

Just this post, or can we select from some others?

"well..... let them eat cake!"

Well.....I for one would be interested to see if these two oh so admirable young scions of wealth also have titillating videos of their girl friends eating birthday cake. ph34r.png

Or that favourite Chinese dish, the cream of sum yung gai.

Please comment after listening carefully and taking the effort to see the 25 minutes footage.
He says: When I had a problem, they [my parents] sent me to a better school. When I have another problem they send me to an even better school. And when I have lots of problems, they send me to the top school.
That would make you think what a (deleted) he is. And that is where it goes wrong because he said, right after: so it is all about who you know, you build up those relations during your whole live, and THAT IS WHY THIS COUNTRY FAILS. So he was not bragging about going to those schools, he was using it as an illustration.

Have you never heard of hypocrisy? Have you never heard of 'crocodile tears'?

Don't you realise that rich, privileged people like this guy actually want Thailand to 'fail' and stay failed? Why, because that benefits themselves, as these people benefit hugely from corruption. That way they can keep their privileges, their Ferraris, their status.

If this guy likes fairness and lack-of-corruption so much why doesn't he, and most of the uber-rich in Bangkok, move to uncorrupted countries like Denmark? Simple reason: these rich Thais just love the corruption here - when it benefits themselves (and it usually does).

Why don't you mention another part of the interview where he says he's employed a bodyguard who is an ex-prisoner and an assassin. Doesn't that tell you what kind of person he is? He admits employs a murderer: is that a reasonable thing to do? Would that be acceptable in western countries?

And look at the scene where the PDRC are blocking elections and taking over a government building with their violent guards. Doesn't that tell you that here we have a bunch of corrupt 'rulers' or ammart in charge of a private army who can virtually do what they want in Bangkok?

These people think they own Thailand, simply because they own inner Bangkok. I'd think they might be wrong about that.

Yeah, I've heard of hypocrisy. There's plenty of it coming from people like Thaksin who claim they care more about the poor than their own power and privilege. I wonder what kind of car Thaksin's son drives? Or Chalerm's murderous sons? Hypocrisy? Have you ever heard of it?

• Like 1

This is exactly why some of the most wealthy men in America give their wealth to charity. Not their kids. Take Bill Gates for example.......I find this behavior disgusting as d most wealthy people. They are not an example we want to portray and are usually not as wealthy as everyone thinks they are...

You kidding yourself? The companies in America directly lobby their local and national politicians to push for any legislation they want. Corruption in the US is on a whole other level compared to the rest of the world.

I really feel terribly sorry for Thais.

Is it karma?

One would think they deserve better than this, but maybe they did something very wrong in past lives.

It could only be worse to be born North Korean.....

Don't forget that the vast majority of the sitting MPs were once idiots just like this. Maybe not all uber rich like this but privileged , ignorant and horribly arrogant.

• Like 1

I expect that when they get drafted, and have to spend two years as an infantry soldier, sharing a barrack room with boys from Isaan and The North, maybe deploying down south for a spell of real soldiering, then this nonsense will be knocked out of them.

Is there a prize for the most naive post of the year on Thai Visa? I must be in the running for it!

It's amazing how everyone blames the two youngsters here. They're just telling it like it is. They didn't say anything I haven't heard numerous Thais say before them. Let's face it, corruption and being well connected is part of the fabric of Thailand's society and it's not gonna go away any time soon. In other words, blame the game, not the player.

Maybe I was in a good mood when I watched the video but I wasn't totally convinced that they were as bad as everyone is saying. While they came off as privileged, arrogant, and possessing a youthful ignorance of the real world, I thought Vicktor discussing having connections was not glamorizing the situation but highlighting some of the unfairness in the system.

Let's take what he actually said:

As Thais, even a doorman or security guard, they need connections. If you know people, things get a lot easier. If you know people, you can park in the special places. If you know people, the right people, you can get all the discounts. If you know people, you can send your children to any school you want. And that also applied to my parents as well.

When I had a problem, they sent me to a better school. When I have another problem, they sent me to a better school. And when I have lots of problems, they send me to the top school.

So the connections that you've been collecting your whole life are going to be used every single day of your life.

And this is why the country fails.

So, he's not saying that he supports this inequality. He's saying that because of this inequality, the country is failing.

How is that different from what nearly every person calling him an idiot is saying?

Yeah, I've heard of hypocrisy. There's plenty of it coming from people like Thaksin who claim they care more about the poor than their own power and privilege. I wonder what kind of car Thaksin's son drives? Or Chalerm's murderous sons? Hypocrisy? Have you ever heard of it?

By the way, I was just responding to a specific point from Traveldude about one of these rich kids, which I suggested was hypocritical.

In response to your post: Sure Thaksin started out not caring at all about the poor, but then he realised that poor voters could keep him in power. A classic situation in electoral politics.

My point is that these "rich kids" who we see in the video, and people like the "Singha heiress", say they want to stop corruption, and yet all experience shows they don't want to do that.

There is only one true test and that is by the vote.

do the electorate want:

a) "rich kids" and the "Singha heiress" = "The Democrats". or Thaksin's or Chalerm's sons = "PT".

Edited by anteater

It's amazing how everyone blames the two youngsters here. They're just telling it like it is. They didn't say anything I haven't heard numerous Thais say before them. Let's face it, corruption and being well connected is part of the fabric of Thailand's society and it's not gonna go away any time soon. In other words, blame the game, not the player.

Maybe I was in a good mood when I watched the video but I wasn't totally convinced that they were as bad as everyone is saying. While they came off as privileged, arrogant, and possessing a youthful ignorance of the real world, I thought Vicktor discussing having connections was not glamorizing the situation but highlighting some of the unfairness in the system.

Let's take what he actually said:

As Thais, even a doorman or security guard, they need connections. If you know people, things get a lot easier. If you know people, you can park in the special places. If you know people, the right people, you can get all the discounts. If you know people, you can send your children to any school you want. And that also applied to my parents as well.

When I had a problem, they sent me to a better school. When I have another problem, they sent me to a better school. And when I have lots of problems, they send me to the top school.

So the connections that you've been collecting your whole life are going to be used every single day of your life.

So, he's not saying that he supports this inequality. He's saying that because of this inequality, the country is failing.

How is that different from what nearly every person calling him an idiot is saying?

quote: "because of this inequality, the country is failing".

Gee, he's come to this conclusion all by himself? Clearly a genius.

So would not one solution to such inequality be to reduce the inequality?

Oh, maybe not! Because that might mean he would have to hand in his Ferrari, or at least pay taxes on it, or stop going to "Maggi Chus"?

So here's his predicted response: "Oh no, that's not what I meant at all. Actually (in contrast to what I wrongly stated before) I think that inequality is absolutely fine.

I'm getting more than a little off with people like you calling me a liar. Find one lie in my post above or apologise. You get away with it far too often.

Not a lie as such. But certainly grossly misleading to suggest that these 2 minor players stated comments are part of the central PDRC campaign!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

I expect that when they get drafted, and have to spend two years as an infantry soldier, sharing a barrack room with boys from Isaan and The North, maybe deploying down south for a spell of real soldiering, then this nonsense will be knocked out of them.

Is there a prize for the most naive post of the year on Thai Visa? I must be in the running for it!

Why would they get drafted.. if they already done Army cadets at high school (M4-M6) they are exempt from conscription.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They seemed alright to me. Honestly.

Okay, they're priviliged and have never known suffering and toiling in the rice paddies, but if they are sincere in what they say about their cause, routing corruption from the electoral process before another election is held, then what's the issue on a personal level?

So those two are pictured as PDRC protest leaders now.

Strange that their name is never mentioned as protest leader before this day, not on this forum nor in other media.

Did they just get promoted today, or did Coconuts want to make their story a bit more interesting by throwing in some lies ?

https://www.facebook.com/PDRCThailand/posts/730802290271924

Google can be your friend...

From your link.

stage organizers Chinnaworn Boonyakiat and Tanat Thanakitamnuay.

A stage organizer is someone who makes a living of renting out stages in my book, not sure if that is the same as a protest leader

Just dig a little deeper. Look how many times he is cited on the PDRC facebook page, and you will get to know more.

But that's up to you. A bit of research never hurt anyone.

We are posting here - does that make us "ThaiVisa Leaders"? Think George et al may have something to say about that!

• Like 1

quote: "because of this inequality, the country is failing".

Gee, he's come to this conclusion all by himself? Clearly a genius.

So would not one solution to such inequality be to reduce the inequality?

Oh, maybe not! Because that might mean he would have to hand in his Ferrari, or at least pay taxes on it, or stop going to "Maggi Chus"?

So here's his predicted response: "Oh no, that's not what I meant at all. Actually (in contrast to what I wrongly stated before) I think that inequality is absolutely fine.

No, but you can reduce inequality by lowering yourself or by raising others. And you seem to be confusing wealth and equality. Giving away his Ferrari (and it wasn't his, it was Nat's) doesn't make him equal. As he pointed out, he's been given many opportunities that most people don't have. Even if he lost every baht he has tomorrow, he's still in far better shape than your average Thai because he has connections.

Equality is about everyone having access to the same opportunity. It has nothing to do with the results.

Besides, my point was not whether or not he has the right answers to Thailand's problems. My point was that everyone implying that he was bragging about benefitting from inequality didn't listen to what he said.

These two young Thais aren't even wearing any seat belts when going for the joyride in the Ferrari.

Whats a seatbelt fine when you can kill 9 people and get 48 hrs a year community service ( under appeal )

• Like 1

Carry on, blaming the Thai moron youngsters and forget what's happening in your own countries on a much bigger scale.

trust YOU to be in DENIAL

did you watch it? THESE are your 'Ammart kids' the morons that Suthep and PDRC are fighting to keep in their positions in the feudal system here

his contribution to Thailand? he didn't buy a RED Ferrari he bought a BLUE one and he is a LEADER of the PDRC

should be shown in every school, university and required watching for TVF yellows - THIS is what you support - now go think again...

• Like 1

Never the Thailand I lived in before, what a change, what a shame.... But it just might be a clue..... My Thai wife, couldn't watch it... I did......

I do not drive such cars, for what? Seems no matter where we live, we have no peace, just keeping what is in our hearts and memories......

So my question is????? What is Thainess? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just a thought.....

I think the parents were the fools, hold on to your Heritage Thailand, well, if there is anything left of it....... Once again the Elites battle for control of the populace........ Life is a dimension, so long as we never change it...... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• Like 2

From your link.

stage organizers Chinnaworn Boonyakiat and Tanat Thanakitamnuay.

A stage organizer is someone who makes a living of renting out stages in my book, not sure if that is the same as a protest leader

Just dig a little deeper. Look how many times he is cited on the PDRC facebook page, and you will get to know more.

But that's up to you. A bit of research never hurt anyone.

We are posting here - does that make us "ThaiVisa Leaders"? Think George et al may have something to say about that!

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSBREA0B03C20140113

"As the light faded, the carnival atmosphere was tempered by apprehension that provocateurs could attack the camp, said Thanat Thanakitamnuay, a Maserati-driving protest leader who is the grandson of a former deputy prime minister."

As I said, just dig a bit deeper and can find the answers...