Democrat urges Yingluck to testify to Constitutional Court

webfact

Democrat urges Yingluck to testify to Constitutional Court
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Democrat Party Thursday called on caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to testify to the Constitutional Court herself in the case related to the unlawful transfer of National Security Council chief Thawil Pliensri.

The court has approved Yingluck's request for an extension of the deadline and she is now to defend herself to the court to May 2.

Democrat spokesman Chavanon Intharakomalsu said that since the court had approved the deadline extension, Yingluck should not assign anyone to speak on her behalf.

The Supreme Administrative Court has ruled that the transfer was unlawful and unconstitutional because Thawil was removed to allow Pol General Priewpan Damapong, the brother of Potjaman, her elder brother's former wife, to become the national police chief. Thawil's NSC post was given to the then national police chief so he would vacate the top cop post for Priewpan.

A group of senators asked the Constitutional Court to rule whether Yingluck had violated the charter by making transfers of permanent officials for her personal interest, a crime punishable by being removed from the political office.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-24

Certainly Yingluck should appear. But if she did, it would be the first time since her nomination as Pheu Thai party leader in 2011 that she has actually had to think on her feet. Thaksin and Pheu Thai have been phenomenally successful in shielding her from thought. One suspects facebook is much more her speed. But it's unimaginable that she would show up and attempt to answer - or even understand - any questions posed to her.

• Like 2

Has any family spent more time in the courts than the Shinawats?

Sondhi, last thing I got told were over 500 cases at court, all initiated from the Shinawatras.

I find it amazing just how many cases the Shinawatra's as a "family" have been involved in (let alone maids, drivers etc etc). I think that nearly every single living member has been in Court for doing something illegal at one time or another. Amazing Thailand that people still have ANY trust in them whatsoever.

Maybe she should claim she is too busy. It seems to work for murder trials rolleyes.gif

If you are referring to Suthep, isn't it just to show up at DSI to hear the charges?

Besides, if they were playing fair they would let Suthep send a lawyer to represent himself. I don't think Yingluck has show up anywhere, ever, yet.

• Like 2

Certainly Yingluck should appear. But if she did, it would be the first time since her nomination as Pheu Thai party leader in 2011 that she has actually had to think on her feet. Thaksin and Pheu Thai have been phenomenally successful in shielding her from thought. One suspects facebook is much more her speed. But it's unimaginable that she would show up and attempt to answer - or even understand - any questions posed to her.

I would disagree about her using facebook. I think Instagram is more her speed. She can manipulate her selfie's to make herself look presentable.

Unfortunately not, that's the point! However Killing Police (As the Redbull heir) or seizing gouvernement offices and Airports (as Yellow Shirt) are accepted things in this system :).

But if you mean that those YellowShirt People like Sondhi or ex-democrat Suthep should spend more time in courts, i agree!

Yinluck should respond by urging Suthep and Abhisit to submit to questioning on the murder charges hanging over their head. At least one, Suthep, has been evading them for months.

Other cases, any other cases, have nothing to do with Yingluck. She should face up to reality. She won't because she, like everyone else, knows it will simply expose her for what she is.

This thread, this case is about Yingluck and an illegal action she signed off on by her administration, which benefited a member of her extended family. Other people's cases are irrelevant.

You too should face facts - lying, cheating and acting illegally ain't the way to govern. And it certainly ain't democracy.

• Like 1

Yinluck should respond by urging Suthep and Abhisit to submit to questioning on the murder charges hanging over their head. At least one, Suthep, has been evading them for months.

Have you been asleep for the last 6 months

Has Abhisit not already appeared

if he has then does than not make you a lier and all future postings you make should be treat with the same conclusion

Maybe you can show facts that Abhisit did not turn up

waiting for your reply

Unfortunately not, that's the point! However Killing Police (As the Redbull heir) or seizing gouvernement offices and Airports (as Yellow Shirt) are accepted things in this system smile.png.

But if you mean that those YellowShirt People like Sondhi or ex-democrat Suthep should spend more time in courts, i agree!

this all happend in 2010 when the Yellow shirts where protesting

I take it from you posting that as it is the Thai people against the Government who are protesting you must feel that this ot have done no wrong

well said