Thailand Beer Price Vs Cig Price

In Thailand a bottle of Heine costs 38 baht. A pack of More Cigs costs 38 baht. In the US a pack of cigs costs 250 baht and a bottle of beer costs 20 baht. What's wrong with this picture?

wow 20bht a bottle of beer in the states.

im moving to america......no im not.... theres too many y@nks there.. :o:D:D

Well, Bill Clinton did jack cig taxes to the moon in the 90s to "save the children". all that did was bring cigs more into focus among the young and encourage more youthful smoking. Clinton's cronies became millionaires off of those taxes

Beer in Thailand is not much cheaper than the UK (apart from London). :o

Cigarettes in UK now about 370 baht for a pack of 20. 250 baht in the States sounds cheap. :D

Eh..??

440ml can lager = £1.50 ish

640ml *Chang* = 49p (bt35)

totster :D

Edited by Totster

Well, Bill Clinton did jack cig taxes to the moon in the 90s to "save the children". all that did was bring cigs more into focus among the young and encourage more youthful smoking. Clinton's cronies became millionaires off of those taxes

Next time you know the answer, don't bother posting the question, ok? :o

Next time you know the answer, don't bother posting the question, ok? :D

I agree , why ask if you have your own explanation to it????

American Beer is not Beer but yellow water therefor you shoudn't compare the Price...

rcm :o

Next time you know the answer, don't bother posting the question, ok? :o

that accounts for some of the discrepancy between cigs and beer but not nearly all. we are talking about 12 times the price here while thailand the prices are equal. this question has not been answered, Jack

a bottle of beer costs 20 baht.

20 baht for a bottle of yellow p1ss.................................................daylight robbers these septics :o

that's right, youre the guy who says that the yellow stuff costs over 200 baht in England. I'd hate to go beer shopping with you. LOL

Edited by monochaser

American Beer is not Beer but yellow water therefor you shoudn't compare the Price...

Compare American beer to what? Thai beer? LOL. Thai beer is so bad that, and this is no exageration, I puked it up over 100 times over a year and a half period of drinking it everyday :D:D:D:D:D:D:D (75% was Sing but it's all the same) that's a lot of heaving; probably cut a few years off my life. In 25 years of beer drinking in US, I got sick maybe 25 times. Something is clearly wrong with Thai brewed stuff when you have to fight back the upchuck (and you know what I mean) with every sip. The is just not natural. I think there will be serious health reprocussions for everyday thai beer consumers in the medium to long term. I believe this wholeheartedly and have therefore discontinued my consumption of it. The nerve of you to tell me that I shouldn't compare American beer to that thai stuff. What I'd give for American beer availability here at reasonable cost or any other country's beer for that matter. In the USA, you have literally hundreds of worldwide brands to choose from. If thai beer brands of the same old 5 make you happy, man you are easy to please.

On the Cig side, I am not a smoker but I know many that bring their own cigs here as, and this is an old story, the quality is far better. With the cigs, it may well be a "get what you pay for situation"

Edited by monochaser

Compare American beer to what? Thai beer? LOL. Thai beer is so bad that, and this is no exageration, I puked it up over 100 times over a year and a half period of drinking it everyday :D:D:D:D:D:D:D (75% was Sing but it's all the same) that's a lot of heaving; probably cut a few years off my life. In 25 years of beer drinking in US, I got sick maybe 25 times. Something is clearly wrong with Thai brewed stuff when you have to fight back the upchuck (and you know what I mean) with every sip. The is just not natural. I think there will be serious health reprocussions for everyday thai beer consumers in the medium to long term. I believe this wholeheartedly and have therefore discontinued my consumption of it. The nerve of you to tell me that I shouldn't compare American beer to that thai stuff. What I'd give for American beer availability here at reasonable cost or any other country's beer for that matter. In the USA, you have literally hundreds of worldwide brands to choose from. If thai beer brands of the same old 5 make you happy, man you are easy to please.

On the Cig side, I am not a smoker but I know many that bring their own cigs here as, and this is an old story, the quality is far better. With the cigs, it may well be a "get what you pay for situation"

A. The American stuff (Bud, Coors...) isn't Beer ...remember that.

B. Where in my post did i write that you must compare it (that US pi55) with Thai Beer?

C. You puked 100 times last year over Thai Brew? Some people never learn.

D. Exaggeration is a word i most often heard in the US, so yes you are exaggerating

E. In case you forgotten it already . Budweiser , Coors...and all that other US pi55 isn't Beer.

rcm :D

Cigarettes in UK now about 370 baht for a pack of 20. 250 baht in the States sounds cheap. :D

Eh..??

I've obviously been away from the UK for far too long. I thought a can of Skol or Fosters cost about 70p (bt50).

Eh..??

I've obviously been away from the UK for far too long. I thought a can of Skol or Fosters cost about 70p (bt50).

I bought 8 cans of The Belgian Monkey Murderer (wife beater :D ) (Stella, for the uninitiated) last night for £7.

xe.com Universal Currency Converter ® Results

7.00 GBP

United Kingdom Pounds = 494.761 THB

Thailand Baht

1 GBP = 70.6801 THB 1 THB = 0.0141482 GBP

Give me LOS brew anyday, I'm not sure I could cope with Stella over there anyway........ :D

redrus

I don't get why people knock Thai beer.

Go to India and try the beer there - it's like drinking bad medecine most of the time.

Go to Scotland and try and find a draught beer that is over 4.2% - it's only about a year ago that we finally got 5% Heineken - it was the 3.8% stuff before that.

I love Thai beer - when I was in Scotland I was happy to pay the over-inflated prices in Thai restaurants for a Chang or a Singha.

You just have to remember where you are!

I always get a kick out of lymie Bud haters. Like Anhueser Busch got to be the world's largest brewer by making shit beer. LOL. you dudes have never even been to the US and had an ice cold fresh Bud, the #1 selling beer in the world

I always get a kick out of lymie Bud haters. Like Anhueser Busch got to be the world's largest brewer by making shit beer. LOL. you dudes have never even been to the US and had an ice cold fresh Bud, the #1 selling beer in the world

The largest Food Franchise in the world is Mc Donalds(well at least a couple years back but i assume it still is) ...got to be great Food than?

Monochaser i hope you are not a Food and Beverage Manager .

Yes, Anheuser and Bush is making Sh1T pi55 - remember it isn't Beer !!!!

They probably selling worldwide most of this crap too, why?

Amercians working Class can not afford more and don't know better than that.

As for never been to US ...i worked there for long enough to know.

You can drink 1000000 Budweisers and it is difficult to become even drunk or have any hangover because it is simply no Beer, it is somewhat related to yellow chlorinated (...strictly 100ppm ) Water with yellow Food coloring. That thing you talking about doesnt even have a "head" (foam) which highly suggests that there is some Dishwashing Soap involved.

I know the next question goes off the Topic but i am still keen to know:

I wonder....what is the reason that makes you stay in LOS? I read your past posts (there is really nothing you do appreciate here)......i am really not surprised you have headaches...but this isn't related to Thai Beer... :o

rcm :D

I'm here for the same reason everyone else is, Jack, the chicks. there is no other reason to be here. In no way shape or form would I be here otherwise nor would 90% of expats. If McDonalds, Bud and Coke sucked, they would be out of business. If Sing, Chang and Leo had to compete vs international brews at comparable price, they would be out of business. They are kept in biz by huge thai tariffs on imports. these beers have zero sales outside of their thailand protected sales area. If the US did for Bud what Thailand does for thai brews, their sales would be up 100 times. talk about subsidization. Thai breweries would be finished with competition.

Edited by monochaser

I'm here for the same reason everyone else is, Jack, the chicks. there is no other reason to be here. In no way shape or form would I be here otherwise nor would 90% of expats. If McDonalds, Bud and Coke sucked, they would be out of business. If Sing, Chang and Leo had to compete vs international brews at comparable price, they would be out of business. They are kept in biz by huge thai tariffs on imports. these beers have zero sales outside of their thailand protected sales area. If the US did for Bud what Thailand does for thai brews, their sales would be up 100 times. talk about subsidization. Thai breweries would be finished with competition.

I am a lymie Bud hater and I have never read such complete and utter <deleted> in my life! Are you for real, monochaser, or are you a wind-up merchant?

when I was last in Europe (for a couple of weeks april 2005)

you could find a

glass of beer in a pub for about 130 baht.

cigarettes were about 266 baht

in (cheap, countryside) Guatemala

a bottle of beer costs about 70 baht (double in the capital, of course),

A liter about 100thb.

and cigarettes about 50 baht.

(conversions performed using www.xe.com/ucc)