Affordable Language School on the BTS line?

Hello Thai Visa. Do you have any recommendations for affordable language schools that are on the BTS line?

I want something that's a good price, and where I can just study for a few hours a week, because I'm really slow to learn languages and I don't want to be too overwhelmed. I did a course last year, but it was about 24,000 B which was high

UTL, located where the BTS meets the MRT. Don't have to descend to street level. It is in the Times Square Building. I took a course and thought it was very good. I think it was 7000 baht. Keep up with your homework and you will learn a lot.

UTL, located where the BTS meets the MRT. Don't have to descend to street level. It is in the Times Square Building. I took a course and thought it was very good. I think it was 7000 baht. Keep up with your homework and you will learn a lot.

I seriously doubt he's interested in homework.

• Like 1

There are several language schools within easy reach of BTS.

Cost for one year courses with ED visa range from approx B23K to B26K. Without an ED visa and study for just a few hours a week the cost works out considerably less.

Yes do your homework, visit those language sites and compare price, Prolanguage, Walen, Language Express, etc.

If your purpose is to remain long time in Thailand and little regard for the Thai language, then you are abusing the system.

Good morning and enjoy.

I've been going to Thong-Lor Language School off and on for years. It is right next to Thonglor BTS station near the Post Office.

What I like about this place is they will tailor their teaching to your requirements. Some of the places I looked at just followed a formula that applied to everyone.

Take a look at as many places as you can. They are all slightly different and you need to find one that suits you.

Slow of Fast, this depends on individual. But this is pretty useless to study Thai "few hours per week". I spend 3 hours per day in class + homework. The one year course cost about 72000 THB. So, you get what you pay for - after one year and 3 months of study I can speak, write, read (including newspapers) and this year can attend MOE competency test. You can start with UTL or RTL. AUA looks good too, but no one of my friends finish their courses, so no real feedback in this case.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most schools are affordable. I don't know of any really expensive ones.

"Expensive" is a word which has a different meaning for different people !

It is good to put things is prospective. If for example one school is more expensive than another by say 2,000 baht then it is only 166 baht more per month if you take one year course. Walen is a choice of many students although there are cheaper schools. Money is not the only determining factor. If you ask around you can find some 'schools' doing visas for as little as 12-15k and no attendance is necessary, ha ha.

On a side note, Bangkok is a city of opportunities. No need to be broke here, just learn to do some business or get good at something. When I hear those stories about people trying to save little money, 2-3k per year, I wonder what is their quality of life here. Must be tough. I can teach you a simple and profitable business if you join Walen. I have done very well in Thailand and so can you.

• 4 weeks later...

I studied at AAA language school last year and it was about 24,000 but now they want about 27,000 Bath to 34,000 for private lessons. I lived here for about 2.5 years before.

I enjoy studying Thai, but I learn slowly, and my brain is full after an hour. I'm in it to extend my visa of course, study, and work on writing projects during the day. I'm at Udomsuk on the BTS line.

I just finished working for the past 6 months in Saudi Arabia (hated it), and now I'm job hunting (trying to find a good balance of hours and money) and need to buy time, and study.

The visa crackdown has me worried and 24,000 is kind of expensive hahaha and yes, 'expensive' is relative. It's almost 1K. I can do it, but if there's a cheaper way, I'd rather do that. I think wanting a competitive price is reasonable, and for money and being near the BTS to be a good factor if I'm at above basic level.

Edited by MarkAndrewSmith