Rush Service for New Canadian Passport?

It seems I will not have enough pages left for my next trip in 25 days.

Canadians cannot add pages to thier existing passports.

http://passport.gc.ca/support/faq.aspx?lang=eng&id=q301

According to the Government of Canada official website they require 20 business days to process an application which puts me a few days shy.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/thailand-thailande/consular_services_consulaires/passport_services_passeport.aspx?lang=eng

I expected an express service like they offer in Canada, but I do not see it.

Does anyone know how to get a new Canadian Passport quickly?

Thanks

They probably don't offer expedited service because it cannot be done any quicker than the 20 days mentioned.

Where do you plan going for your trip perhaps we could offer some advice on reducing the amount of space needed in your passport. Also how many pages or partial pages do you have?

Also possible other options if we new the type of entry you have now.

They probably don't offer expedited service because it cannot be done any quicker than the 20 days mentioned.

Where do you plan going for your trip perhaps we could offer some advice on reducing the amount of space needed in your passport. Also how many pages or partial pages do you have?

Also possible other options if we new the type of entry you have now.

I'm headed to London, England for 10 days. I'm currentIy on an ED Visa, and have 1.5 pages left. I still need to get the re-entry stamp. My original plan was to just be in the UK, which would of left me enough room. I counted 6 small pockets throughout my passport where small stamps could be placed, but can they be used?

My friend and I decided we will visit Paris and Amsterdam. I will also visit Germany for a couple days, and I will fly out of Basel, Switzerland back to BKK. In total I will be in 5 countries. A small part of me was hoping they only used one stamp for EU nations, but probably wishful thinking.

I thought to renew in London, but their processing time is currently 25 days.

Another option would be to fly to Vancouver, and use their expeditied service - very expensive for a poor student sad.png

I'm headed to the Canadian Embassy first thing Monday morning with my renewal application and plead my case.

If anyone has any other avenues I'd love to hear them. I leave in 25 days.

Thanks

EDIT: I just called the Canadian Embassy in BKK and their voice message quoted 15 working days for processing. I wasn't able to talk to a live person.

Edited by mal129

I suspect the 15 day number is close to correct. I am thinking that a post saying they got theirs quicker than that.

I go in Monday and be prepared to apply for the passport after getting a confirmation of the 15 days.

If you have a half page that is enough for a re-entry permit. The rest will just be small entry and departure stamps.

I suspect the 15 day number is close to correct. I am thinking that a post saying they got theirs quicker than that.

I go in Monday and be prepared to apply for the passport after getting a confirmation of the 15 days.

If you have a half page that is enough for a re-entry permit. The rest will just be small entry and departure stamps.

Thanks for the information.

If I don't get a new passport in time, can those countries use the small open spaces in the middle for their entry/exit stamps? (i.e. I have small open spaces on pages 6,11,12,14 for small stamps)

I just had my passport done at the Canadian Consulate in Bangkok last September. When I applied, I think the receipt said it would be ready in 12 working days, but they emailed me after 10 working days saying it was ready. I wasn't in any hurry as I had a 90 day visa. I think it depends on how busy they are. They will usually ask you when your next flight will leave, so I think they have some flexibility. The one thing that really affects the turn around time is how long it takes for them to contact your references. Depending on your situation, you may need up to 4 references. Just people who have known you for over 2 years, they don't need to be Canadian. (If you have a lawyer or doctor on the list, you only need 2 references) They will be calling from the Bangkok Office so take into account the time change window. If all your references are in this time zone it is easier for them to be contacted. Regardless, contact all your references, and tell them to expect a call. If there is a big time zone difference, do the math, and let the person at the consulate know the best time window to call. If they can reach all your references the first time, you can really cut down the turn around time. You will need to get your pictures done at one of the approved studios. If you can do it over the weekend, that will help. Get there first thing Monday and if you can get all your references lined up, you shouldn't have a problem. Also remember, being calm and polite goes a long way.

I just had my passport done at the Canadian Consulate in Bangkok last September. When I applied, I think the receipt said it would be ready in 12 working days, but they emailed me after 10 working days saying it was ready. I wasn't in any hurry as I had a 90 day visa. I think it depends on how busy they are. They will usually ask you when your next flight will leave, so I think they have some flexibility. The one thing that really affects the turn around time is how long it takes for them to contact your references. Depending on your situation, you may need up to 4 references. Just people who have known you for over 2 years, they don't need to be Canadian. (If you have a lawyer or doctor on the list, you only need 2 references) They will be calling from the Bangkok Office so take into account the time change window. If all your references are in this time zone it is easier for them to be contacted. Regardless, contact all your references, and tell them to expect a call. If there is a big time zone difference, do the math, and let the person at the consulate know the best time window to call. If they can reach all your references the first time, you can really cut down the turn around time. You will need to get your pictures done at one of the approved studios. If you can do it over the weekend, that will help. Get there first thing Monday and if you can get all your references lined up, you shouldn't have a problem. Also remember, being calm and polite goes a long way.

Wow this stands in stark contrast to the new system for UK Passport renewal where third party commercial agents are now used to handle the process, they are currently 'promising' 4 weeks to 6 months turnaround with the old passport being cancelled on application!

Wow this stands in stark contrast to the new system for UK Passport renewal where third party commercial agents are now used to handle the process, they are currently 'promising' 4 weeks to 6 months turnaround with the old passport being cancelled on application!

When I got my new US passport last year it took 10 days for me to get an email that it was ready for pick-up. I did have to make a trip to Bangkok to apply. Picking it up or having it sent to me by EMS was an option. I made the trip back to pick it up because I needed an income document.done.

No copies of anything and no references. Just an application form with attached photo and my old passport for them to make a scan of..

Pay 3300 baht. All done in a few minutes and my old passport was handed back to me.

It perplexes me why some countries make it so complicated.

My experience with the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok is 12 days after you have left the passport application with them, you will receive your new passport at the address that you have provided.

Some people need the more detailed application form. If you have never lost or damaged a passport there is a 2 page application and no guarantor is necessary. So everyone's situation is different.

They do their best to expadite things quickly.

As for calling references, they will call a local Thai reference that you have listed before they will ever call your friends/employers, of 40 years in your home country. If you have applied for 2 or more passports over a period of time, the Embassy has everything on record and may not bother to call your references, or Notary if you are sending them something notarized.

Edited by Colabamumbai

You will wait longer in Canada as a rule than in the time the Embassy generates your passport. From my last experience in Canada maybe a week at the minimum under extenuating circumstances, otherwise 2 weeks is standard time 10 working days. If you pick it up, with mailing, longer.

In Thailand many holidays leave the Embassy's closed, the post office and Immigration closed. Things can take longer if there is a 3 or 4 day government holiday.