Gross Things Your Housekeeper Does ( and other Thais...)

EBlair48

OP, unfortunately, mine does nothing.

I pay her 400Baht a day and when I look around the house is in the same dirty state, as when she came in.

Plenty of "kin kow" breaks and nothing else.

Same here cant wait till Asean comes on and can get me a Phillipino

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do like that they don't give a rats ass about you and the job or service they do for you.

Sure that at their own home they would never do anything near it, Thais are extremely clean when it comes to their body and food.

They can live in a pig-shed in a garbage yard, but they are always clean on themselves and their clothes.

Note how the walls in their homes are black filthy or covered with pink mold, but floors spotless ( usually )

I always wear house shoes in my home, I cannot stand having dirt on my feet. That's why I refuse to patronize public businesses that force you to take off your shoes. 9 out of 10 times that floor is grody and is such a natty health hazard, toe fungus and and all.

I've often wondered of the public nose picking isn't some kind of passive -aggressive messaging- " Hey farang f-off I don't feel like providing you with service even though it is my job.

George is clearly a troll, feminine in her fastidiousity, yet prone to using words like puke which no lady would use.

.I suggest he or she dispenses with the housekeeper, rolls up her sleeves and uses some elbow grease.Only then can she be assured of the levels of hygiene to which she aspires.

I can't afford a housekeeper, but it would be handy if I could buy a tin of elbow grease here. It seems to be quite common in the UK.

• Like 1

Yeah we can do the stupid vet thread next. Mine squashes fleas with her finger nails Bubonic plague, anyone? Oh but wait, she isn't a real doctor, just calls herself that.

Gross? How about someone amicably offering to detick your dogs and then finding that your tiled floor is carpeted with dead ticks?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2 [/quote

Mine gets 600 for about 4 hours of work, the house looks OK but don't check under or behind stuff. I do provide used sponges and such for the nattier jobs- is she stupid or obtuse?

She is Thai.

She is Thai. Please can you explain in exact detail what you mean? She is Thai meaning?

And so we have yet another Thai bashing thread to add to the collection.

Posters that consider all Thais as having the same traits and are full of their own importance and superior attitutes. A look how high up on the social scale we are, we can afford an inferior Thai housekeeper, wow.

All you people seem to do is moan about the Thais in every aspect of life and the environment around you. It is obvious that you people are unable to adapt into Thai culture and way of life, you expect the Thais to jump over into your worlds and things to be exactly how they were in your own countries. I have to ask; why are you here? And is there anything you find good about the country at all?

Sure, bashing Thais !! Don't like it, I have to ask, why are you here on the thread? Aren't there other threads you could be invalidating ( or attempting to ) according to your personal preferences?

Edited by EBlair48
  • Like 1

Ok , I've caught my once a week housekeeper using the dish scrubbie sponge on the shower doors, and then putting it back near the sink for me to use on the dishes. I've seen her scoop out feces laden baby wipes from the the garbage pail with her bare hands- but yesterday , her using my tooth brushing water cup as a scoop for nasty floor washing water was just too much.

When I asked her if she even used the nearby antibacterial liquid soap to clean it " Oh no, shouldn't use that soap on dishes.."

This takes me into watching a bartender pick his nose and then finger a lime wedge into my soda bottle- and then he makes sure he gives the top of the straw a real rub down with his nasal pathogens. Shall I puke on his bar?

What are they teaching these people in school? Anything other than a wholly unwarranted and fierce nationalism?

Is booger picking really acceptable in public, with your fingers?

I read one theory bird flu within Thailand is a result of cock fighting when the Thais would suck the blood from the bird's beaks. Yech !!

I pretty much have stopped eating in restaurants that do not have a looming foreigner presence of micro-management, seen too many times the same rag used to wipe down tables used to dry cutlery. And school children sneezing all over the food , etc etc etc

Add your assorted grotessities here !!

Do u supply your own materials

I get all the materials and put them in the rooms like the bath room shower room sink extra and then make them use them

You might need to watch them clean to make sure they do right but hopefully they shall catch on or hey shall say that they don't want to work for u because u yepping too much but if that's the case they better off leaving before u sick

Mine has a terrible habit of bending forward and letting me see down the front of her T shirt while she is sweeping and sometimes she will wear a mini skirt and ask me to steady the step ladder while she dusts the lights.

That really is terrible, you should sack her, let me know when you do.

Gross? How about someone amicably offering to detick your dogs and then finding that your tiled floor is carpeted with dead ticks?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

heard or a tick and flea shampoo? Be nice to care for your did. 100 baht at BigC and it works.

Your doggy will love you for it

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

If they do like that they don't give a rats ass about you and the job or service they do for you.

Sure that at their own home they would never do anything near it, Thais are extremely clean when it comes to their body and food.

They can live in a pig-shed in a garbage yard, but they are always clean on themselves and their clothes.

Note how the walls in their homes are black filthy or covered with pink mold, but floors spotless ( usually )

I always wear house shoes in my home, I cannot stand having dirt on my feet. That's why I refuse to patronize public businesses that force you to take off your shoes. 9 out of 10 times that floor is grody and is such a natty health hazard, toe fungus and and all.

I've often wondered of the public nose picking isn't some kind of passive -aggressive messaging- " Hey farang f-off I don't feel like providing you with service even though it is my job.

You are obviously a clean/germ freak and shouldn't live in Thailand. You seem to hate everything about this country.

You need to make a list of pros and cons and decide whether to stay or not.

Edited by duanebigsby
  • Like 1

The habits being described are only "disgusting" from a western perspective.

What's the difference between nose picking in public and in private?

You can not apply western ways in this country.

In the west there is a bit of a rethink going on about anti-bacterial soaps disinfectants in household use, and the over cleanliness of everything.

• Like 1

I have no more likes left today.

I totally agree and mine, I would take to,my home country no problem

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

are you the son if Howard Hughes and missing a few Kleenex boxes?

How come YOU have so many issues and many of us do not?

Attitudes perhaps??????? White supremacy phobia?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Ok , I've caught my once a week housekeeper using the dish scrubbie sponge on the shower doors, and then putting it back near the sink for me to use on the dishes. I've seen her scoop out feces laden baby wipes from the the garbage pail with her bare hands- but yesterday , her using my tooth brushing water cup as a scoop for nasty floor washing water was just too much.

When I asked her if she even used the nearby antibacterial liquid soap to clean it " Oh no, shouldn't use that soap on dishes.."

This takes me into watching a bartender pick his nose and then finger a lime wedge into my soda bottle- and then he makes sure he gives the top of the straw a real rub down with his nasal pathogens. Shall I puke on his bar?

What are they teaching these people in school? Anything other than a wholly unwarranted and fierce nationalism?

Is booger picking really acceptable in public, with your fingers?

I read one theory bird flu within Thailand is a result of cock fighting when the Thais would suck the blood from the bird's beaks. Yech !!

I pretty much have stopped eating in restaurants that do not have a looming foreigner presence of micro-management, seen too many times the same rag used to wipe down tables used to dry cutlery. And school children sneezing all over the food , etc etc etc

Add your assorted grotessities here !!

Do u supply your own materials

I get all the materials and put them in the rooms like the bath room shower room sink extra and then make them use them

You might need to watch them clean to make sure they do right but hopefully they shall catch on or hey shall say that they don't want to work for u because u yepping too much but if that's the case they better off leaving before u sick

Yes I give her materials, she is a moron, apparently, or insipid, or both. Seems to be a national condition

• Like 1

I caught her wiping her cock on the curtains. sad.png

I sacked my housekeeper because she poured the tea from the right and not from the left. Disgusting etiquette in the Beetlejuice household, my hi so Thai wife was shocked and required counselling afterwards. I don`t know whether she`ll ever get over the trauma. Of course the housekeeper had to go. We have since applied to an agency to have an English butler work for us, as it`s obvious no Thai person is up to the job.

I sincerely hope you went for counselling ( in case you were suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome)

As ever I think the OP is trying to impose first world sensibilities on his life in a developing country.

I believe there have been studies to try and explain the explosion of allergies, asthma etc in the West- it may? be to do with the excessive cleanliness, as long as he and his family do not become ill - who cares.

Idea this will become yet another Thai bashing thread.

• Like 2

Nothing gross, really. But she has some bizarre ideas about the washing machine. Apparently she thinks it's too harsh on the clothes so she won't use it. She'd rather bend over a basin and use a stiff brush to scrub the hell out of my clothes. She also likes to use so much detergent that my clothes come out smelling like the perfume counter at Robinson's. I've explained to her that "clean" means the clothes should have almost no scent at all, and she's gotten better about that.

She lets the food stay out on the table all night long in 35° heat, but I don't blame her for that - it's the relatives who want it that way so that anyone can walk into the kitchen at any time of the day or night and eat. I have to be careful not to eat leftovers unless I want to spend the next three days on the toilet.

Edited by attrayant

are you the son if Howard Hughes and missing a few Kleenex boxes?

How come YOU have so many issues and many of us do not?

Attitudes perhaps??????? White supremacy phobia?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Actually excusing nose picking, nasal pathogen spreading habits takes the cake for even the sorriest of Thai apologists.

Please tell us how this habit is delightful and adds to the expat experience of living in Thailand- if you can. Otherwise please start your own thread on how hygienic you find Thais to be [ sniggle]

• Like 1

The rag towel in Thai toilets that acts as a hand dryer always fills me with horror would rather dry my hands on my own trousers than that filth magnet - that will be after I have washed my hands with the obligatory loose tap - probably at least half the taps in Thailand are the same.

Absolute Terror...

I touch nothing in Thai thoilets . I won't even lock the door , especially in those toilets with no paper where it is likely e-coli surfing on crap has been sent about the premise via high pressure hose Wash my hands? No chance I'm touching that filthy spigot handle. Sorry nothing remotely pathogenic about the top of my pants which is the only thing I touch aside from a thick wad of tissue -

I caught her wiping her cock on the curtains. sad.png

I sacked my housekeeper because she poured the tea from the right and not from the left. Disgusting etiquette in the Beetlejuice household, my hi so Thai wife was shocked and required counselling afterwards. I don`t know whether she`ll ever get over the trauma. Of course the housekeeper had to go. We have since applied to an agency to have an English butler work for us, as it`s obvious no Thai person is up to the job.

There are quite a few English and European butlers around. Guys who've fulfilled the marital void their spouse's curriculum vitae only to be rendered ancillary when the slightly long-in-the-tooth, past due date Chinese wifey feels she no longer requires a beard to her re visitation to the Thai party circuit as an all round punch board.

The poor guy, having had his few years as her gringo beard can remain on duty as her butler and occasional driver and personal chef. He might be allowed to contribute to car payments and the odd vacation.

There are WAY WAY more of these than you think.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

You can get bad cleaners any ware I sacked one of my first cleaners in the UK because she used one cloth did all and wiped the whole house down with one cloth did everything and my house was smeared from top to bottom mirrors furniture appliances the same and she blamed me it was all my fault for not supplying the right cloths, so now I have rolls of disposable cloths different colours toilets and bathrooms RED kitchen and food prep areas BLUE and general cleaning living areas WHITE and my latest cleaner is excellent, so it might also be your fault for having the wrong cleaning supplies, and if the Thai cleaners are not up to scratch then take your cleaner along with your house keeper from back home might be the answer to better standards of cleanliness in your Thai home a nice simple solution.