Thailand Post told to 'go raise buffaloes'

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrogant dimwit....all he needed to do was arrange for it to be sent with the appropriate packaging for the item and it would have be fine. Too stingy to pay the extra cost.

You always seem to be opposite of every opinion why may I ask ? Bad youth or something?

Some of you seem to be totally missing one important fact. The guy who complained was NOT the sender, he WAS the receiver, so you scorn and derogatory remarks are totally misplaced. Perhaps a course in "comprehensive reading" is suggested for you.

• Like 1

Yes the staff needed a good telling off. They are instructed to do as they have been exclusively trained to do and to also stop taking their Christmas bonus's from farang crisy cards sent to their sons for their grand children and contain twenty pound notes which are easily exchanged !

All staff in Bkk have denied this saying that 'they woul'nt do that as it is'nt in the Christmas spirit', and might bring them bad karma !

Arrogant dimwit....all he needed to do was arrange for it to be sent with the appropriate packaging for the item and it would have be fine. Too stingy to pay the extra cost.

Arrogant Thai Visa poster... You even stop to think, obviously not, another dimwitted armchair critic, He would hardly sent a picture to himself, he was not responsible for the packing. Typical TV moron who think they are superior whilst reality is postal workers should at least be able to read !

No doubt if something you were expecting to be delivered ended up being damaged you would moan and expect people to empathise with you, probably post a gripe right here !

Don't judge people without knowing the facts & think before putting spouting such crap.

Edited by axact

Don't always put the blame on others. I have sent a lot of photos in my life, and always in a carton ROLL with plastic end plugs. Impossible to fold or bend, arrived always correctly.

Just in case some expert might comment: but then the photo is rolled.... Yes, so you (the receiver) roll the photo the other way around, put it in the carton roll and after a while it's as flat as can be.

Read about the other possibility: buy a carton box, put the photo in it, lightweight stuff to fill it, and it will arrive unharmed, costs about 102 baht.

I once ordered an expensive photo lens (55K), on my question if they had a tracking number the shop said they sent it by normal mail.... my heart stood still. On top when it arrived at the amphoe post office, the local postman took it and signed for it, but did not deliver same day. So my then wife went to the amphoe post office and they said: Oh, Mr. Joe has signed and received the parcel.... my wife called me and asked if I got Alzheimer, because the photo lens was already at home. I insisted that was not true and when she got back, we both went to the local postman. He smiled and said Yes I got it here, I signed and took it.... End good, all good, he never done it again :)

The first two words look ideally self descriptive for you. Usual knobby know it all smart arse remark. You are quick to belittle the guy for complaining about very poor service. Of course a smart western gent like your good self would have arranged suitable protective packaging or even a courier.

The arrogance and patronizing attempts at wit by belittling Thais, and other Asians by some western "geniuses" displays that in-built colonial style belief of their superiority. What a fitting avatar you have chosen.

Besides, Khun Abhisit, who made the complaint, was not the sender but the recipient. He could hardly be responsible for the choice of shipping materials, especially since it was a gift. On the other hand, I do congratulate you on your English language skills since English is apparently not your mother tongue and still you had been able to read and comprehend some of the article.

Compliments always politely and gratefully received thank you, whatever the motivation or intended underlying subtlety the writer hopes to express. Good luck with your studies and keep up the hard work clap2.gif

You might try thinking about the fact that the recipient may have requested the sending of the photograph and so may indeed have had the opportunity to consider alternative packaging or service providers. Not excusing the poor postal service which seems to happen in many countries. Perhaps a difficult construct for you and one that requires imagination as well as the ability to comprehend.

Edited by Baerboxer

Some of you seem to be totally missing one important fact. The guy who complained was NOT the sender, he WAS the receiver, so you scorn and derogatory remarks are totally misplaced. Perhaps a course in "comprehensive reading" is suggested for you.

I do agree that the postal service was poor and at least responded with some appropriate customer service.

Not blaming the recipient but, providing he knew or initiated the sending of the photo, then he would have been wise to consider the transport - a good reminder for all of us when posting things here or indeed anywhere.

The posters who arrogantly bash all things Thai will always do that, sadly, at the slightest excuse.

Edited by Baerboxer

Exactly!! It was almost certainly not 'folded' intentionally, but all mail is transported in huge bags, so if flat envelopes are folded, it's nobody's fault but the sender. Take it up with the sender, not Thai Post.

I agree....he's a dimwit. He's had his 15 minutes so he can now be satisfied.

• Like 1

Have they also warned their employees not to steal packages send from abroad, or letters with replacement credit cards?

My bank have sent 2 replacement debit cards this year and both have failed to arrive. My original card expired at the end of February. Good job I can still do most things using online banking.

Exactly!! It was almost certainly not 'folded' intentionally, but all mail is transported in huge bags, so if flat envelopes are folded, it's nobody's fault but the sender. Take it up with the sender, not Thai Post.

Actually if you look you will see that it was very intentionally folded in to, it looks like that they did a very nice and precise job of it

Everyone, every one is entitled to their 15 min of fame - see above

I take my hat of to this guy I know the frustration when the post office screws up and they screwed up

Its clear "DO NOT BEND"

It is good he embarrassed the Post Office Cuddos

I agree. Could this lead to some "defamation" crap or other such censorship by lofty Thai govt. do nothings?

Have they also warned their employees not to steal packages send from abroad, or letters with replacement credit cards?

"Amen brother" I'd like to know the answer to that very real/significant question. I recently ordered an item from eBay. It was delivered, which prompted me to order two more items. They have no made it "through enemy lines." Guess I just "lost my head" and became confident with the success of the initial purchase. NEVER - well probably not lol - again. Sorry I have absolutely NO confidence in the Thai postal service.

Knock on wood but I've never had problems with Thai Post. I order a lot of stuff from Amazon and from Hong Kong and they've always made it through. Countless orders over the years and no problems so far. One thing I love about Thai Post is that they actually deliver EMS items on SUNDAYS also. I mean even DHL and Fedex don't do that. Bad luck for those who have had bad experience but for me, they're pretty good.

OK, it comes. If you're American, has your Social Security "Are you dead or alive?" questionaire ever come to you before the 45 day deadline was already past? Or required you to use the 600 baht EMS to get your reply in under the deadline? Just ask'n.

Always late and causes disruptions in the process. I've repeatedly asked SSA why they can not send these forms vie email attachments. Usually it's a hectic scramble to initiate rightful returns. For me, Thai post is to be avoided - both incoming and outgoing. Don't know how a country (Thailand) so concerned with image can allow for inadequate/corrupt postal service.

Buffaloes have feelings too.

They sure do, and feel pain....My wifes buffaloes always have toothache !

I would imagine the dental fees are threw the roof; but it would be selfish not to cough up the dough to keep that buffalo healthy.

"Amen brother" I'd like to know the answer to that very real/significant question. I recently ordered an item from eBay. It was delivered, which prompted me to order two more items. They have no made it "through enemy lines." Guess I just "lost my head" and became confident with the success of the initial purchase. NEVER - well probably not lol - again. Sorry I have absolutely NO confidence in the Thai postal service.

Knock on wood but I've never had problems with Thai Post. I order a lot of stuff from Amazon and from Hong Kong and they've always made it through. Countless orders over the years and no problems so far. One thing I love about Thai Post is that they actually deliver EMS items on SUNDAYS also. I mean even DHL and Fedex don't do that. Bad luck for those who have had bad experience but for me, they're pretty good.

OK, it comes. If you're American, has your Social Security "Are you dead or alive?" questionaire ever come to you before the 45 day deadline was already past? Or required you to use the 600 baht EMS to get your reply in under the deadline? Just ask'n.

You should respond "Yes I am dead; Thanks for asking! You can send your condolences and flowers to the following address." Now that I'm dead I should be able to vote for Democrats at least 4 times, right?

Our postie decides what he should deliver or not and has been seen holding foreign envelopes up to the sun to work out what might be in there. (? Because it's not for nothing that Thai envelopes are made of horrible thick stuff)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Same same here.

I have always received every letter and package I had expected. My bank sends me ATM cards and credit cards. Never a problem. When people complain that post has gone missing and suggest that it is stolen by Thai postal staff they fail to take into consideration that the item may not have reached Thailand in the first place. It has just taken me a few seconds to find an article in the Daily Mail that states half a million letters get lost in the UK every week.

• Like 1

Actually if you look you will see that it was very intentionally folded in to, it looks like that they did a very nice and precise job of it

Which wouldn't have happened if it had been packed to avoid creasing/folding, i.e., with stiff cardboard each side. Sending a pic in an envelope without adequate packing, and printing "do not fold" on the envelope, is just plain stupid, and about the same level of stupidity as a sign in the back window of a car saying "Baby on Board". What are we supposed to do? Give the driver a wide berth because he/she's been so stupid to put such a moronic sign in the back window, or get out and give praise for his/her ability to have a kid?

Edited by F4UCorsair

Can't have anyone acting like an "arrogant dimwit" now, can we? whistling.gif

He's not just talking about buffaloes! His language is so colourful I suggest he's the one that returns to the farm.

How ironic that a man holding a picture of a monk repeatedly says 'ee hia', 'ee sad' and other expletives. Why the post office needed to give this ape any time at all I will never know.

Which wouldn't have happened if it had been packed to avoid creasing/folding, i.e., with stiff cardboard each side. Sending a pic in an envelope without adequate packing, and printing "do not fold" on the envelope, is just plain stupid, and about the same level of stupidity as a sign in the back window of a car saying "Baby on Board". What are we supposed to do? Give the driver a wide berth because he/she's been so stupid to put such a moronic sign in the back window, or get out and give praise for his/her ability to have a kid?

If this guy is such a dimwit how is it that he succeeded in doing what so many of us would have liked to do? biggrin.png

Anyone that has the ability to get action out of an organisation like the Thai post deserves respect, wai2.gif

Many of the posts here are attacking the RECIPIENT for being too stingy or stupid to pack the item properly.... have you thought about how that makes you look?

My wife and I use Thai Post all the time - she has a business that requires her to send products to people all over the country, and so far I understand that she has no complaints at all.

The items are always packed properly, of course, and usually arrive the next day, but certainly almost never more than two days after posting.

Mail inbound from overseas is usually delivered within a day or two of arrival in the country - if you need a more secure way to post, simply use EMS.

• Like 1