What happens when you go to meet your maker?

Rorri

sustento, on 30 Apr 2014 - 06:07, said:

When I go to meet my maker I shall ask him why Brad Pitt got the face he did while mine looks like a slapped arse?

You're one of those fools that just has to say something completely off topic... Please start your own thread. Oh, you're not funny.

Well I thought it was funny.

• Like 1

on a related question,

When I pass away I would not want to leave my wife along, So we are thinking of having a child, I am 56 and not thrilled about having any more children , I already have a daughter from an other marriage, whom I love very much and is very close to.

But my wife is 32 and I think it would be good to have a child and a family of her own , especially when I am gone,

We are both in career mode right now, and she does not want a child right now but in the near future she might.

I was thinking that in a few years when we retire , if I was unable to provide her with child because of my age, that we might legally adapt baby in Thailand.

If we did adapt ,I wonder what the baby's rights would be as far as SS benefits were concern?

Would an adapted child have the same right as a biological child?

If you're unable to deliver the goods because of your age sirineou, just send me a PM. I'm nothing if not approachable and willing to help out!!

Thank you F4UCorsair

I knew I can depend on you

As a matter of fact I do have some goods I deed delivered from BKK to KKC d you have a pick up trucklaugh.png

• Like 2

geordiel, on 01 May 2014 - 04:53, said:
Rorri, on 30 Apr 2014 - 09:12, said:
sustento, on 30 Apr 2014 - 06:07, said:sustento, on 30 Apr 2014 - 06:07, said:

When I go to meet my maker I shall ask him why Brad Pitt got the face he did while mine looks like a slapped arse?

You're one of those fools that just has to say something completely off topic... Please start your own thread. Oh, you're not funny.

Well I thought it was funny.

Like I said...he can start his own thread and his "joke is so old as to be no longer funny.... Why do fools post off topic comments, and why do other fools support them. The topic is clearly about what happens to you family, but maybe that is too hard for you to understand....

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is the OP who was off topic. He says "what happens when you go to meet your maker?" and then digresses onto the fate of those left behind. Perhaps if he had captioned it "What happens to those left behind when you shuffle off this mortal coil" fewer of us would have responded on more spiritually important issue of what we anticipate on the final day of judgement when we stand in front of our maker to account for what we have made of our meager lives

SC

I appreciate your situation and understand your concern. Some of the replies you have gotten describe scenarios many TV posters have not done or cannot do. Too many falangs live here with their women and have never taken them to their home countries to estsblish citizenship, sent them to school, taught them a trade, or have pensions/investments that will provide for the women after their deaths. That's why a man should always have a woman who can do more than just spread her legs. Preferably, she can do more when they meet, but far too often, that is the extent of her talents. Do both of you a favor, help her gain other talents, skills, and abilties.

if she spread her legs once ,she can spread them again .......thais have very little conscience and even less morals ......

• Like 2

As per sombodys posting that U.S. social security will pay benifits to a surviving spouse in Thailand, that simply is not so. If she was in the states she would be entitled to benifits, but not out of country.

For those of us that were in the U.S. military during the Vietnam conflict, and served a minimum of 90 days on active duty, the surviving spouse is entitled to benifits that are payable in Thailand by the Vetrans Admin. You will need your dischage papers. Check with your local VFW for more information.

As far as a funeral is concernded, the wife and I both went to CMU medical school anatomy dept. and made arangements to donate our bodies for use in general anatomy courses. It will not bother me in the least. The only thing that I wish is that I had a good 14 inches to show. Oh well, such is life.

I have helped my wife get a small Thai restaurant going here close to the house. Everything we own is paid for, so only utilities every month. This lady can squeze a baht until it bleeds. She will be fine.

if the wife has spend a certain time in the US ( I had look it up but I forget the length of time now) or if the wife has become a US citizen, then she can receive benefits in Thailand,

my Mom did after my Dad passed away and they were both retired retired in Europe.

StreetCowboy, on 16 May 2014 - 22:16, said:

I think it is the OP who was off topic. He says "what happens when you go to meet your maker?" and then digresses onto the fate of those left behind. Perhaps if he had captioned it "What happens to those left behind when you shuffle off this mortal coil" fewer of us would have responded on more spiritually important issue of what we anticipate on the final day of judgement when we stand in front of our maker to account for what we have made of our meager lives

SC

I don't give a dam-n what happens on a more spiritual level.... I suggest, instead of trying to hijack my thread, you start you own....

SC

I don't give a dam-n what happens on a more spiritual level.... I suggest, instead of trying to hijack my thread, you start you own....

It's not your thread though is it? It's a general thread that anyone may post on as they see fit and SCs' comments seem reasonable enough to me.

He's more concerned with his own fate, whereas you're more concerned with the fate of those left behind. Both are different but equally valid viewpoints IMO.

• Like 1

SC

It's not your thread though is it? It's a general thread that anyone may post on as they see fit and SCs' comments seem reasonable enough to me.

He's more concerned with his own fate, whereas you're more concerned with the fate of those left behind. Both are different but equally valid viewpoints IMO.

I think the OP's choice of title was a Freudian slip; while thinking about the impact of his passing on those that he leaves behind still suffering the temporal torments of this wearisome mortal coil, he is, I think, deep down, concerned about his own final reckoning, and how he will account for his behaviour in the temporal realm. I doubt that there are many amongst us who are looking forward confidently to that day of reckoning, and my opinion is that those who are optimistic are in many cases victims of their own persuasiveness and demagoguery

SC

Colonel_Mustard, on 18 May 2014 - 00:02, said:
Rorri, on 17 May 2014 - 14:10, said:
StreetCowboy, on 16 May 2014 - 22:16, said:StreetCowboy, on 16 May 2014 - 22:16, said:

SC

Oh you silly silly boy..it is a "general" forum.. the definition of a "thread" is: Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; e.g. a single conversation is called a "thread", or topic. Once again, it is my thread, if you don't like it.... pee off, and start your own. I thought any moron was capable of understanding my point, obviously you and those you support have a problem. Spiritually has NOTHING to do with my post...topic...thread.

StreetCowboy, on 18 May 2014 - 00:14, said:
StreetCowboy, on 16 May 2014 - 22:16, said:StreetCowboy, on 16 May 2014 - 22:16, said:

SC

I think the OP's choice of title was a Freudian slip; while thinking about the impact of his passing on those that he leaves behind still suffering the temporal torments of this wearisome mortal coil, he is, I think, deep down, concerned about his own final reckoning, and how he will account for his behaviour in the temporal realm. I doubt that there are many amongst us who are looking forward confidently to that day of reckoning, and my opinion is that those who are optimistic are in many cases victims of their own persuasiveness and demagoguery

SC

Wow, such deep thought, sorry, but you are wrong dude, once dead, I'm dead, no problems or worry in this temporal realm. I fail to understand how you can twist the meaning of my thread, but I guess you have an axe to grind...best you go "grind" a do, I'm not interested in your dribble..... If you can't stick to the question posted then start your own thread.... tosser.

...Wow, such deep thought, sorry, but you are wrong dude, once dead, I'm dead, no problems or worry in this temporal realm. I fail to understand how you can twist the meaning of my thread, but I guess you have an axe to grind...best you go "grind" a do, I'm not interested in your dribble..... If you can't stick to the question posted then start your own thread.... tosser.

So if you don't think you'll meet the maker, I don't understand the purpose of your original post. You seem slightly confused - perhaps a priest could help you more than a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet

SC

• Like 2

At a minimum, guys, make sure you have a Thai Will to handle your Thai assets and a Will in your home country to handle your assets there. Don't plan on any "trick" moves like leaving your ATM card and the PIN number with the little woman with instructions for her to clean out your sole account right after your death before the bank finds out. For goodness sake, do it right. It's the least you can do for her.

'The Lawyer on TV's Ask the Lawyer forum seems to think it's OK. I questioned it, but his answer to my second thread was 'it's basically not legal but common practice in Thailand'......go figure, Here's the first thread answer.

"A simple will

can be done, but it will need to be witnessed, another easy way is to leave the ATM and pin number with the benefactor the so that they can just take out the money via ATM, other wise a court order to administrate the estate is required to take out the money whether there was a will or not."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720549-thai-will-foreign-benefactor-2/?hl=+simple%20+will

Uptheos, I can't see where the lawyer ever answered your question. I find it hard to believe a lawyer would suggest using the ATM and PIN number to access a dead person's bank account.

Me too Nancy, very alarmed.

Here's the original two posts. You will see that the advice from the lawyer regarding using the dead person's ATM from the first post has been discreetly removed by someone after I brought up.

You will see a posting of the text and my reply to it in Topic 2, unless it gets deleted..Someone has already deleted the lawyers reply where he states using an ATM is common practice. In fact both posts are now a mess and they might as well just be removed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720413-thai-will-foreign-benefactor/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720549-thai-will-foreign-benefactor-2/

...Wow, such deep thought, sorry, but you are wrong dude, once dead, I'm dead, no problems or worry in this temporal realm. I fail to understand how you can twist the meaning of my thread, but I guess you have an axe to grind...best you go "grind" a do, I'm not interested in your dribble..... If you can't stick to the question posted then start your own thread.... tosser.

So if you don't think you'll meet the maker, I don't understand the purpose of your original post. You seem slightly confused - perhaps a priest could help you more than a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet

SC

You really do have a problem understand my post, did you actually read it, most others had no problem, I suggest you go right back to the BEGINNING. If you still have problems then I will'try" to explain it in more simple terms.

• Like 1

Everyone in this world should make their own way.

They did it before they met you, let them do it after you are gone.

I refuse to make out any will in any country.

Better that everyone understands they will get nothing when I am gone.

(So better keep me going as long as possible, and make sure I don't fall off that balcony)

• Like 1

We have talked about it. On the one hand she genuinely hates the idea of me predeceasing her, but on the other accepts the likelihood. Same way, on the one hand I hope I do predecease her, but on the other hand I want to take the grief on my shoulders to spare her and thus survive her. Odd sort of conundrum.

Thankfully she has her own professional career in her own right. We have invested in Thailand in her name, and in NZ in my name. That will do for now as if I croak tomorrow, my kids are set, and so is she. Eventually we will sort it out so that both she and my kids have a foot in both countries. She loves my kids to bits, and my kids are sincerely fond....more than fond....., of her.

On a side note.....I forget who posted it (was it mudcrab?)... but I too sincerely wish she will find love again if I die before her She is the best and deserves the best.

(15 year age gap)

• Like 1

SC

Oh you silly silly boy..it is a "general" forum.. the definition of a "thread" is: Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; e.g. a single conversation is called a "thread", or topic. Once again, it is my thread, if you don't like it.... pee off, and start your own. I thought any moron was capable of understanding my point, obviously you and those you support have a problem. Spiritually has NOTHING to do with my post...topic...thread.

Believe it or not a single conversation will often go off at a tangent just as it does in real life. Or do you also try and micro-manage all your real life conversations?
Anyway to answer your original question, I have no worries about my wife being able to survive after my demise. As a responsible adult I have made the necessary arrangements for my wife and children but nothing any different than I would have done if they had been from the USA or Western Europe. There again I didn't and wouldn't marry someone who was unable to take care of herself and our children without my help.
As for your original post, your wife will no doubt survive just fine without you, just as she did before you came along. I'm sure your idea of moving to Australia is well intentioned but I would think that if you were no longer around she would perhaps prefer to be around her friends and family rather than being stuck in a country thousands of miles away with a few extra $. From my personal observation, Thais seem to be a fairly resilient bunch and after a brief period of mourning get on with their lives, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Like 1

Seastallion, on 18 May 2014 - 19:51, said:

We have talked about it. On the one hand she genuinely hates the idea of me predeceasing her, but on the other accepts the likelihood. Same way, on the one hand I hope I do predecease her, but on the other hand I want to take the grief on my shoulders to spare her and thus survive her. Odd sort of conundrum.

Thankfully she has her own professional career in her own right. We have invested in Thailand in her name, and in NZ in my name. That will do for now as if I croak tomorrow, my kids are set, and so is she. Eventually we will sort it out so that both she and my kids have a foot in both countries. She loves my kids to bits, and my kids are sincerely fond....more than fond....., of her.

On a side note.....I forget who posted it (was it mudcrab?)... but I too sincerely wish she will find love again if I die before her She is the best and deserves the best.

(15 year age gap)

You're a good man...good luck and a long life.

AnotherOneAmerican, on 18 May 2014 - 17:57, said:

(So better keep me going as long as possible, and make sure I don't fall off that balI

I sincerely hope no Thai lady has attached herself to you, you come across as selfish, and have given no thought to her well being if you die before she does, it's about time you though of her future....

When I go to meet my maker I'm happy. I know I'm going to have a good meal. My mother is a very good cook ;-)

Mine was the worst.....on the planet!! Bar none!!

I don't think I'll be meeting anybody.

I recall years ago when Kerry Packer (billionaire owner of Consolidated Press, casinos, newspapers, etc) was asked by an interviewer about his (near) death experience. He'd had a heart attack and was dead for several minutes, until revived.

He said there's some good news and bad news, so what do you want to hear first.

The interviewer said, "Give me the good news."

Packer replied, "There's no hell."

"And the bad news", the interviewer asked.

"There's no heaven either."

End of story.

I liked Packer's sense of humor. Appearing before a royal commission he was asked why he had $6 million in cash in his office safe, and he replied, "I have a squirrel mentality." He was one of the world's biggest gamblers, regularly putting $20 Million over the tables in one session.

Whenasked about his desire for doing all things his way, his reply was, "He who has the gold makes the rules."

Edited by F4UCorsair

(So better keep me going as long as possible, and make sure I don't fall off that balcony)

there's quite likely not much for them to get

Obviously a slow day, but I was thinking what happens to my Thai wife once I kick the bucket. How long can she survive, and then what happens to her. I am starting to think I have been selfish and thinking mostly about how easy it is for me to live and retire here. I am now seriously thinking we should move back to Oz, where even if she ends up on minimum wages/dole she will still be far better off than she would ever be in Thailand. What do some of you think, considering some of you also have kids, how long would your saving last, then what. Some may have businesses but can your Thai family run them without you.

I have a Thai wife and kids. Presently, my savings would not last long, so I have a cash life insurance policy that I plan to maintain until I manage to save what should be enough for the family to survive comfortably without me. At that point, paying premiums for the policy is kind longer necessary.

Now, let's see how many posts it takes until some miserable TV person comes along and makes a comment about my wife killing me for the cash payout.

• Like 1

Colonel_Mustard..I was thinking more of her "quality" of life. As for preferring to be around friends and family, not true of all Thais, I know many in Oz who will only ever return, to Thailand, for vacation only. I know one lady whose aussie husband died, she was adamant she would not return to Thailand, 2 1/2 years later she remarried. In all cultures, some people get "homesick" others don't, perhaps you need to talk with your.

Joint accounts would seem to be the way forward if you were serious about the marriage, otherwise you're just living together for the time being

Um, I fail to see what "joint" accounts has to do with my thread. Perhaps you can explain. And what has "living together" got to do with it... the same senerio hodes true, whether married or not...how much do you love her or are you only interested in yourself.

When I go to meet my maker I'm happy. I know I'm going to have a good meal. My mother is a very good cook ;-)

Another useless comment...did you not understand the reason behind my thread...go right back to the beginning and read "carefully."

osten, on 19 May 2014 - 10:20, said:
Rorri, on 25 Apr 2014 - 16:30, said:

Obviously a slow day, but I was thinking what happens to my Thai wife once I kick the bucket. How long can she survive, and then what happens to her. I am starting to think I have been selfish and thinking mostly about how easy it is for me to live and retire here. I am now seriously thinking we should move back to Oz, where even if she ends up on minimum wages/dole she will still be far better off than she would ever be in Thailand. What do some of you think, considering some of you also have kids, how long would your saving last, then what. Some may have businesses but can your Thai family run them without you.

I have a Thai wife and kids. Presently, my savings would not last long, so I have a cash life insurance policy that I plan to maintain until I manage to save what should be enough for the family to survive comfortably without me. At that point, paying premiums for the policy is kind longer necessary.

Now, let's see how many posts it takes until some miserable TV person comes along and makes a comment about my wife killing me for the cash payout.

Osten, at least you have given it some thought, unlike some. My problem with any form of finance, whether from insurance or savings, is that, in many cases, the family will all put pressure on your wife for their "share," they will not consider her well being or financial security and the money will be gone quickly. This holds true for lump sums or money instalments. Just something to consider.

• Like 1