Could this be the most spectacular house in Bangkok?

Jonathan Fairfield

A house in Bangkok that wants to be your home has its eyes on you!

620x412xAn-ultra-exclusive-house-in-Bang

In the dynamic but restful part of town on Ekamai, Sukhumvit Soi 63, there is a spectacular house on Soi 22 there that sees you before you see the house.

This imposing building built by a highly respected architect to become a showcase residence for any owner to be proud of, features eight CCTV cameras that cover every angle of the immediate vicinity and the surrounding area, just one of the stellar features of a very special and amazing three-storey home.

The fascinating design of this unique building includes a breath-taking component which sees the downstairs swimming pool connected vertical through an open space with the glass roof nine meters above the water. The glass roof permits generous quantities of natural daylight and helps create an outdoor ambience, suitably accentuated by two living palm trees.

With so much space between the swimming pool and the glass roof, the trees have space to grow for many years to come, and a spectacular feature of the pool is the beautiful waterfall that gives a calming impression while keeping the air quality fresh. The pool extends under the glass roof to be a part of the interior of the lower level – a more decorative feature indoors than for serious laps or fitness swimming.

620x414xAn-ultra-exclusive-house-in-Bang

View more pictures and read the full article here

• Like 1

This is indeed a most spectacular dwelling; the way the architect 'played' with the combination of "stone", "timber" & "water" most certainly has the desired effect. Stunning; just too bad it's built in Bangkok: a creation like this deserves about a 4 Rai plot, on the high-ground with sweeping views towards valley, or even better: an ocean . . . . .

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

JK

• Like 2

Not a bad wee 'howf' if:

1. You like that sort of thing

2. You've more money than sense

3. You like living in Bangkok

4. You've only got one car

5. . . . . .

Fortunately, none of these apply in my case.

this is a show house ,not for living .

1/ black stones outside ,lol, you can cook eggs on them ,sooo hot they will be if the sun hits them.So big mistake !

2/water every where ,the muskito's will like it ,

3 /cheap swimming pool with skimmer system ,lol, why not over flow system ? Cheap Charley house .

4/"The glass roof permits generous quantities of natural Heat to come in the house ! HEAT ! very big mistake .

​5/no immediate connection from the pool to the bathrooms,so you have to walk with your towel to the elevator to your room,through

your room to finally find your bathroom and dry clothes ? This architect never had a pool in his house ? In my house you can swim from every bathroom (4) directly

into the swimming pool ,mail me for pictures. [email protected]

6/ the price , this is also a big joke , let say 10 milj bht and then they make a nice profit .coffee1.gif

So realestate people really think everybody is crazy ,lol .

• Like 2

High electric bills I would guess plus you would roll around in that like a pin ball in a pin ball machine, i pass.

Of course the electric bills will be the number one concern for someone paying the price asked for this house.

This is indeed a most spectacular dwelling; the way the architect 'played' with the combination of "stone", "timber" & "water" most certainly has the desired effect. Stunning; just too bad it's built in Bangkok: a creation like this deserves about a 4 Rai plot, on the high-ground with sweeping views towards valley, or even better: an ocean . . . . .

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

JK

Well, since the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea are neither oceans, in which country would you place this house?

• Like 1

My Frank Lloyed Wright "copy" house upcountry sits on 3 rai with an adjoining 2 story pool house with 6m x 12m pool. 2 cars can park under the house and 2 cars can park in the garage. All recently built for -8.5M baht. Just 120m from a serene lake, 15 minutes to Central Plaza (downtown), and plenty of upcountry fresh air, quiet, and greenery all around. My neighbor's modern take on an ancient Thai-style house is better than mine and costs 5 M baht more on 6 rai. There are many other readers I am sure with even better homes than this Bangkok one costing 5M -15M. It's not bad, but as others stated one must have 0 common sense to pay 105M baht for this home. Heck, for the difference in price, I could buy a private jet and pilot, park it at the airport (just 15 min away), and fly the 1 hour into Bangkok. I am hardly rich, but anyone who is and MUST live in BKK should consider other options including maybe buying the penthouse in any of several first class hotels there...

this is a show house ,not for living .

1/ black stones outside ,lol, you can cook eggs on them ,sooo hot they will be if the sun hits them.So big mistake !

2/water every where ,the muskito's will like it ,

3 /cheap swimming pool with skimmer system ,lol, why not over flow system ? Cheap Charley house .

4/"The glass roof permits generous quantities of natural Heat to come in the house ! HEAT ! very big mistake .

​5/no immediate connection from the pool to the bathrooms,so you have to walk with your towel to the elevator to your room,through

your room to finally find your bathroom and dry clothes ? This architect never had a pool in his house ? In my house you can swim from every bathroom (4) directly

into the swimming pool ,mail me for pictures. [email protected]

6/ the price , this is also a big joke , let say 10 milj bht and then they make a nice profit .coffee1.gif

So realestate people really think everybody is crazy ,lol .

Dear God....

This is an atrocious eye-sore and an insult to architecture. Amazing how some people think drawing lines with a ruler makes an 'architect'. Take it and hide it somewhere in Scandinavian countryside where it belongs. Throw some IKEA at it for a good measure. And park a Hummer H3 in that lone parking spot...

For a quarter of the price and in a much better venue check out this:

http://property.thaivisa.com/chiang-mai/condominiums-chiang-mai/one-of-chiang-mais-finest-3-bed-executive-condos-for-sale-2/

Made me rush out and buy a lotto ticket.

I've been to this condo. The people owning it are friends of my wife. An amazing condo and the coffee table you see in pic nr.7, they had to lift it up with a crane in order to fit it through the windows. From what I remember it measured 1.5m by 4m. coffee1.gif

Respected Architect the article says : must be a mad architect who thinks money grows on trees and those who have garnered that sort of money are just as eager to buy such property as the architect is eager to sell it and live happily everafter !

He needs to be sent to a Farm to till the land and milk the Cows till sense returns to his vapid head.

For a quarter of the price and in a much better venue check out this:

http://property.thaivisa.com/chiang-mai/condominiums-chiang-mai/one-of-chiang-mais-finest-3-bed-executive-condos-for-sale-2/

Made me rush out and buy a lotto ticket.

I've been to this condo. The people owning it are friends of my wife. An amazing condo and the coffee table you see in pic nr.7, they had to lift it up with a crane in order to fit it through the windows. From what I remember it measured 1.5m by 4m. coffee1.gif

My grandmother wants it !

She loves coffee tables 4 m up !

She will pay the total sum cash ,2.8 milj is a fair price .coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

I imagine the glass roof will be difficult ot keep clean. The swimming pool water will leave a smell of chlorine in the air, while leaving it untreated will leave a bad water smell. I think the design is by an architect with little thought as to what could be done usefully with the space, e.g. large pillars (structural?) throughout the living space , living room taken over by swimming pool which is likely to be used once a day, twice max. Could do so much with that space that would be useful, asw for cctv, well done most neighbourhoods have them now adays.

Is there a property expert here who can translate the title, I used to know what it means most spectacular is translated as spacious? or similar