Sven Thinks England Will Win!

Neeranam

Sven-Goran Eriksson says he is sending out the finest England team he has ever had on a mission to win the World Cup.

The England coach exuded confidence as he placed total faith in his side ahead of the opener against Paraguay.

He said: "This is the best England team I have ever had - no doubt about it at all. When you have a great team and a good group you can set the tempo.

"I believe we can win the World Cup and it's important we get a winning start because it's a message to other teams."

lol one of the funniest things i've read yet.

Reminds me of the song they had at the last one. Also of Scotlands thoughts of winning in 1978.

England really have no chance against the likes of Brazil, Holland or France .

Come on Neeranam... He has to believe in his heart that England can win, if he didn't.. how could he expect the players to ?

You know.. it's not such a terrible notion that England could win... I suggest we see how well ALL the teams play in the rounds, before we dimiss any of them .. :o

totster tcwozereeng.gif

Guest endure

I've dug a small hole under my shed and moved in. Can someone send me a telegram when the bleeding world cup is over please? :o

Edited by endure

Sven-Goran Eriksson says he is sending out the finest England team he has ever had on a mission to win the World Cup.

The England coach exuded confidence as he placed total faith in his side ahead of the opener against Paraguay.

He said: "This is the best England team I have ever had - no doubt about it at all. When you have a great team and a good group you can set the tempo.

"I believe we can win the World Cup and it's important we get a winning start because it's a message to other teams."

lol one of the funniest things i've read yet.

Reminds me of the song they had at the last one. Also of Scotlands thoughts of winning in 1978.

England really have no chance against the likes of Brazil, Holland or France .

:o

Come on Neeranam... He has to believe in his heart that England can win, if he didn't.. how could he expect the players to ?

totster tcwozereeng.gif

True, True. Sven has to say this. If Sven said England have no chance of winning the World Cup then he would be crucified by the English press. :o

And why not.............................????????????????? England have got the best midfield in the World, Beckam,Gerrard, Joe Cole & Lampard. One of the best back fours in the World. Ferdinand ( on one of his rare good days he is one of the best) Terry, Cole, Neville. These four are backed up by Bridge & Campbell. If Crouch & Owen play at their best there is no reason in the world why we cannot win it.

Everyone is on about Brazil. Who? Sorry lads. Apart from Ronaldihno & Ronaldo I can't say I know any of them. Australia has more players that we know a see week in week out than Brazil. Or is it just that someone has said Brazil are always good, so like sheep everyone that doesn't know a hoot about football goes with that.Last nights match. Germany. Again hardly a household name amoungst them.

Holland. Yes. Full of names that roll off your tongue. But play as a team. They're all to tight to give the ball to someone else. Of course most Englishmen & the press would prefer us not to win. We all love a loser more than a winner. That is the difference between English supporters and, say Ozzie supporters. With the Australians, no matter what the odds, they are convinced that they can win. England supporters. They are somehow convinced that we will bottle up and lose it. Maybe I shoulde have been an Ozzie. I'm convinced England are going to do well.

And why not.............................????????????????? England have got the best midfield in the World, Beckam,Gerrard, Joe Cole & Lampard. One of the best back fours in the World. Ferdinand ( on one of his rare good days he is one of the best) Terry, Cole, Neville. These four are backed up by Bridge & Campbell. If Crouch & Owen play at their best there is no reason in the world why we cannot win it.

Everyone is on about Brazil. Who? Sorry lads. Apart from Ronaldihno & Ronaldo I can't say I know any of them. Australia has more players that we know a see week in week out than Brazil. Or is it just that someone has said Brazil are always good, so like sheep everyone that doesn't know a hoot about football goes with that.Last nights match. Germany. Again hardly a household name amoungst them.

Holland. Yes. Full of names that roll off your tongue. But play as a team. They're all to tight to give the ball to someone else. Of course most Englishmen & the press would prefer us not to win. We all love a loser more than a winner. That is the difference between English supporters and, say Ozzie supporters. With the Australians, no matter what the odds, they are convinced that they can win. England supporters. They are somehow convinced that we will bottle up and lose it. Maybe I shoulde have been an Ozzie. I'm convinced England are going to do well.

On paper they are an excellent side - but they never seem to really gel, do they? It's not like they took their qualifying group by storm or anything like that.

Everyone is on about Brazil. Who? Sorry lads. Apart from Ronaldihno & Ronaldo I can't say I know any of them.

Not sure about that. Brazil also have household names like Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Fred and Juninho.

Too old or too young....................I hope :o

Everyone is on about Brazil. Who? Sorry lads. Apart from Ronaldihno & Ronaldo I can't say I know any of them.

Not sure about that. Brazil also have household names like Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Fred and Juninho.

Too old or too young....................I hope :o

What an unfortunate name for a Brazilian international - Fred!

Ferdinand ( on one of his rare good days he is one of the best)

Not to mention Carragher (who rarely has anything but a good day), though the Cockney media would probably have a fit if Sven actually played Carragher in his real position ahead of Ferdinand.

Possibly you have not heard of many players because they don't play in the EPL - if you don't, or don't have access, to watch German, Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch etc . . . leagues.

Sure, England have a good team - but is it better than Brazil, France, Argentina, Portugal, Germany or Italy - even on paper?

Poor old Sven has to say the siliest thngs otherewise he cant earn the pittance that they are paying him....he gotta (to use that rank expression) walk the walk :D

Story going about that he is searching for a couple of Boy Scouts(angrit if poss)to rub together and try to spark of some excitement before the next...5-5...match....own goals my Aunt Fa.... :o

Also might be worth considering a name change............Nokia comes to mind......think of the "moola".... :D

Poor old Sven has to say the siliest thngs otherewise he cant earn the pittance that they are paying him....he gotta (to use that rank expression) walk the walk :D

Story going about that he is searching for a couple of Boy Scouts(angrit if poss)to rub together and try to spark of some excitement before the next...5-5...match....own goals my Aunt Fa.... :o

Also might be worth considering a name change............Nokia comes to mind......think of the "moola".... :D

Yes after that performance, many in the pub said we'll get hammered by Sweden. Sorry, did I miss something. Sweden. Oh yes the team that couldn't beat 10man T & T. Bet they would have just loved an own goal. Where are you from Rinrada? Let me see; knocking England, implying they are useless, saying they are boring, probably thinking they can't beat a drum. Err, I would say.............................................................................

..............................ENGLAND probably.

Poor old Sven has to say the siliest thngs otherewise he cant earn the pittance that they are paying him....he gotta (to use that rank expression) walk the walk :o

Sven's on <deleted> loads ole mate.

Sure, England have a good team - but is it better than Brazil, France, Argentina, Portugal, Germany or Italy - even on paper?

Yes, much better. Except Brazil maybe.

Absolutely - - - - if you believe your own media's hyperbole.

Two, maybe three highest class players; Beckham, Gerrard and that's about it . . .

. . . some of the rest are very good; Lampard, Owen, Carragher etc . . .

. . . and the rest are good.

Again, I'm not saying England has a bad team, not at all - I did say they have a GOOD team, so this isn't England-bashing. they simply don't have a team full of world class palyers that will set this WC alight.

Yes, much better. Except Brazil maybe.

Absolutely - - - - if you believe your own media's hyperbole.

Two, maybe three highest class players; Beckham, Gerrard and that's about it . . .

. . . some of the rest are very good; Lampard, Owen, Carragher etc . . .

. . . and the rest are good.

Again, I'm not saying England has a bad team, not at all - I did say they have a GOOD team, so this isn't England-bashing. they simply don't have a team full of world class palyers that will set this WC alight.

Jeez.......what do you know about it. ? You havn't even mentioned Terry, who incidently is the best in the World at that position. And Robinson? Isn't he #2 in the world. And Joe Cole. Yet again probably Englands best player.