Only the farang suffers?

freejack

You would think it's almost a one way downside to Thai-Western relationships (typical/stereotypical scamming and whatnot).

The silent other half have not been heard.

I have heard on the "Thai married to American forums" that there is much a downside and risk to these Thai women.

Many of these women marry for love, and they travel to America, only to marry a deadbeat or a bum. Maybe someone who doesn't let them work. Someone who is controlling. Another who makes them work to support his drinking habit. The women are miserable. Also vulnerable. They are stuck in another country. They have given up everything. Have kids. Nowhere to go.

How many of these stories do we hear? None, sadly.

If people heard about these stories from both sides, maybe people would realize that things can be bad for anyone and that anyone can be at risk.

What happens is that people are not careful enough. Not to fault them. But things happen. How much do people know their partners and the whole story.

It would be good for people to see that things are not one-sided. That risk goes both ways.

-

Things can be good or bad on both sides of the fence.

• Like 1

The Thai women I know in the UK seem to press the self destruct button after a few years with their husband. Whether that is due to the husband being a bum or the result of taking a girl from an Issan village with virtually no education and exposing them to the temptations the West offers. Who knows unless you walk in their shoes. Of the husbands I know it would be fair to say a number of them do have issues.

Many of these women marry for love

Do me a favour! I guess the odd one may be looking for that as an aside, but the overriding incentive is MONEY. Why indeed would they risk leaving their beloved homeland to potentially marry a bum when they could marry a perfectly good Thai version here? And there's the rub right there; if they weren't treating them so badly they wouldn't need to seek 'love' away from home with a foreigner. It is ALL about the wonga and security and indeed the risk is worth it to some.

I don't advocate treating women of any race the way some degenerate males do, but please don't be so green as to lay all the blame on one party, namely the dastardly farang. If all they're thinking about is cash and furthering themselves, a bit of som nam na would have to come into play if it doesn't go to their liking.

Why indeed would they risk leaving their beloved homeland to potentially marry a bum when they could marry a perfectly good Thai version here?

If they are over 30, not a lot of Thai men would want them. Many farangs are not so discriminating.

ouat-1x17-regina-old-hag.jpg

Oh please !

Think of it in caveman terms, the women go for who can provide the best its as simple as that. Its also no different in the west or anywhere else.

Women are generally like monkeys swinging in the trees in regards relationships,

they wont let go one branch until they got a firm grip on the next .