Suthep shuns Abhisit move

Lite Beer

Suthep has been completely insane for a long time... It all looked good during the 'amnesty agenda'. But those who know his history know he's just the same whatever-I-can-call-him-without-this-post-being-deleted-by-super-moderators as Thaksin... He's a man who fights for what he wants and nothing else. Power and more power.
The theory goes that when you reach a certain level of richness in money-value then there's only one thing left to chase = power...

The fact the that Thailand is a baby-nation where you can't discuss things in a normal manner without having someone feel like they loose face and will turn their black-dressed bullies on you doesn't make things better.

As for this nation I believe in Abbhisit. He might not be the perfect leader, the perfect guy or even the perfect politician. But he speaks way better than both Yingluck and Suthep, and is way more reasonable...

I'm so tired of Yinglucks BS, Chalerms "I will soon catch you" and Suthep "This is our last push" or "I will do what the masses wants" (=the masses that surrounds him with no disregard for the millions of other people in the nation... )

I've said it before, and I say it again. This nation is a nation of babies. Small babies that smile when they get candy, and cry hysterically when they don't get what they want...

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to his great mass. More like great mess and he has not even got off his first block. Nicely scripted and inter-play by both actors. Suterp need an exit plan and Ahbisit need credibility. Put that together, Ahbisit gets an early election campaign and Suterp will still exit as a hero.

• Like 1

Sutep will only listen to the great masses?

What the great masses of lumpini park!

I said the other day that I hope abhisit grow some and he has.Now embrace an election date show the people your plans for Thailand and let the people the decide.

Boy the yellows are going to be in a positive tizz over this!

So he should do vote buying like Thaksin and tell that his plan is ending corruption and vote buying....not fit together....

• Like 1

"Don't appoint yourself as a middleman," the protest leader said. "It doesn't matter if I know them, work with them or I am close to them. Don't they dare.

LOL now the REAL Boss shows his hand and he will only make Abhisit look even weaker (if that were possible)

In any other country's political landscape Suthep would stand out as a complete arse.

But in Thailand he is just blends in with all the others.

My feeling is that the Thai people will find an elegant "Thai solution" to the problem (before or after a lot of bloodshed?)

PTP will go and return without some of the existing faces. The loss of face will require a sacrifice on the "other side". Friend Suthep is an embarrassment to every one but the PTP and so would make a useful balance to the loss of face as required by custom. The question of if he is still a Democrat becomes irreverent because PTP has put so much effort as creating the perception that he is wai2.gif

A certain poster will reappear and give us his/her expert analysis that this is what he/she had been saying all along cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif m is the word

The rest of us farangs will be sitting here scratching our nuts trying to work out what happened.facepalm.gif

10 years time repeat processw00t.gif

Edited by issanaus

I'm curious why 'Mark' decided now was the time to finally 'grow a pair', but I'm encouraged that he may now (finally) turn into the leader I once expected him to be. The standoff between him and Suthep may well indicate that the unseen hands have concluded that Suthep is now a spent force and its time to regroup. Lets hope for the good of all of us 'Mark' finally recalls all that Oxford education and puts it good use. Time will tell

On the contrary he has shown nothing but cowardice, cynicism and naked ambition.However he is not without intelligence and realises that Suthep and his pack of Southern thugs and middle class useful idiots have served their purpose - namely to destabilise politics so that a non elected PM can take over with the help of a friendly judiciary.You are right however to conclude that the forces backing and financing Suthep have concluded that despite numerous "final efforts", he has failed.Abhisit who cannot win a fair election sees his chance now and is trying to project himself as a reasonable voice.I cannot pretend to have any special insight as to whether he has any chance of success.He could be discarded by the old elites quite easily.Nevertheless his effrontery is breathtaking given that he represents a substantial part of the problem.Courage, an indispensable virtue for a successful politician, is not his forte.His character is part ambitious political hack and part frightened rabbit.

Wow. You must know Thai politics and Abhisit much better than I do. Nothing you say agrees with what I know and have seen and read. Honestly I don't know whether your ignorance exceeds my or you know something I don't. Being selfish and human, for now I will stick with my beliefs. Sorry, your statement is utterly rejected.

I don't know what you have read, let alone what you have seen or "know".I am not interested in your opinion whether you are less or more ignorant than me.There is a great deal of excellent material available which provides context and background to the current Thai crisis, much of which supports my general position.If you take a different view you should present it and argue your case.

I won't be arguing my case. You didn't argue your case either. Just stated an opinion and let us all know that you have a great antipathy for Abhisit. I don't expect you to have any interest in my opinion, I'm no one special or important (well I am special to myself and hopefully my daughters, but that's about it). Have a good year.

Background : Ex Dem buddys, ex prem and ex vice prem ?

With luck Mark has seen sense, but in all probability.

Likelihood, Good cop bad cop routine. coffee1.gif

Possibly. Like the roles Yinngy and Chalerm try and play for PTP - a nice soft feminine puppet and a tough thug puppet.

Unfortunately no one takes anything YL says seriously and Chalerm is certainly right that no one trusts politicians, especially him.

Hmmm. Wonder if Thaksin will remove YL, let Chalerm play bad stupid cop and hope to be the good cop himself - how ironic.

In reality the smart bet is a cock up over a conspiracy - that applies to both sides in the conflict

The smartest thing that "Mark" has done is not to say too much before - the question now is, has he timed his run at the right time.?

No one in this conflict had got ahead by what they have said - they have got ahead by others shooting themselves on the foot.

IMHO of course rolleyes.gif

Suthep and Chalerm have lost the plot.

Is what the headline should be... If someone tries to cross boundaries and

tries to find common ground instead of emphasizing the differences. This

should be praised. No matter if it will succeed. That's a different matter.

Dialogue is the way out. Chalerm should stay in the Karaoke with his gun

slinging sons and Suthep needs a reality check. Good move. I do however

think electoral reform needs to be done before elections. But hey,

it's a start.

I'm curious why 'Mark' decided now was the time to finally 'grow a pair', but I'm encouraged that he may now (finally) turn into the leader I once expected him to be. The standoff between him and Suthep may well indicate that the unseen hands have concluded that Suthep is now a spent force and its time to regroup. Lets hope for the good of all of us 'Mark' finally recalls all that Oxford education and puts it good use. Time will tell

On the contrary he has shown nothing but cowardice, cynicism and naked ambition.However he is not without intelligence and realises that Suthep and his pack of Southern thugs and middle class useful idiots have served their purpose - namely to destabilise politics so that a non elected PM can take over with the help of a friendly judiciary.You are right however to conclude that the forces backing and financing Suthep have concluded that despite numerous "final efforts", he has failed.Abhisit who cannot win a fair election sees his chance now and is trying to project himself as a reasonable voice.I cannot pretend to have any special insight as to whether he has any chance of success.He could be discarded by the old elites quite easily.Nevertheless his effrontery is breathtaking given that he represents a substantial part of the problem.Courage, an indispensable virtue for a successful politician, is not his forte.His character is part ambitious political hack and part frightened rabbit.

Wow. You must know Thai politics and Abhisit much better than I do. Nothing you say agrees with what I know and have seen and read. Honestly I don't know whether your ignorance exceeds my or you know something I don't. Being selfish and human, for now I will stick with my beliefs. Sorry, your statement is utterly rejected.

I don't know what you have read, let alone what you have seen or "know".I am not interested in your opinion whether you are less or more ignorant than me.There is a great deal of excellent material available which provides context and background to the current Thai crisis, much of which supports my general position.If you take a different view you should present it and argue your case.

I won't be arguing my case. You didn't argue your case either. Just stated an opinion and let us all know that you have a great antipathy for Abhisit. I don't expect you to have any interest in my opinion, I'm no one special or important (well I am special to myself and hopefully my daughters, but that's about it). Have a good year.

I would have an interest if you could make a case with evidence of research and analytical thought.It's absurd for you to suggest that I have not set out my argument since I have done so in some detail.I have no personal antipathy for Abhisit at all.Indeed my case against him is made more in sorrow than anger. He has let himself down.In terms of improving your knowledge as mentioned before there is a wealth of material to study - but it seems that some are more comfortable with flaccid platitudes rather than doing some hard thinking and reading.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wouldn't disagree with a lot of what you say but cowardice, cynicism and naked ambition have been prerequisites of every Prime Minister in my dozen or so years here.

Suthep is Comical. He says the "People" are who he listens to....since he is his own voice when working through the people. He tells them what he wants, they idiots say "YES YES"... So basically, He can say whatever he wants and he will get enough "Hurrah's" to justify himself. No rational discussions allowed.

We all know what kind of rational discussion you can have with the PTP.

Remember in the house when the Democrats weren't allowed to talk. Or are you just a hired gun for the PTP red shirts? Because you most assuredly are not aware of the reality of things.

• Like 1

sounds like your ready to get your Thai wife to start a new party

as you will not agree with any that are in power now

that is if your anti thai would allow ant thai lady to be with you for more than 1 day

we are all I hope again violence, but this it Thailand and you support one side or the other

So time to get off the fence and tell us which side you support

That of coarse is if you even live in Thaliand and not just a keyboard warrior

another silly rant from a pretty ignorant poster as for "supporting one side or the other' how immature is that??? I am on the side that fights for justice, truth and honesty for ALL Thais

and that ain't the yellow, Ammart rich that you support - go watch that Ferrari video again and get an education

PS your immature personal insults are pretty pathetic - how many posts today on this ONE thread? you're a legend in your own mind and boring in ours

Speaking of insulting blaming every thing on a unknown nefarious group who nobody knows any thing about is pretty insulting.

Suthep makes more sense with his endless parades of final battles than you do with your mysterious super secret Amarat. Next thing you will be blaming it on the men in black coats. You are probably the last one to know that it is Thaksin who is behind the government indeed telling them what to do. When Abhist said he would be willing to talk to Yingluck all she could do was smile until she had a telephone conversation with Thaksin.shock1.gif

I am on the side that fights for justice, truth and honesty for ALL Thais

If that is true you better get some one else to write your posts. It is clear you are for the PTP red shirt government working under Thaksin.smile.png

• Like 1

So what doesn't show Abhisit to be an unprincipled opportunist?

If he didn't keep offering to help, he would be an utter irrelevance. The fact that Suthep has basically told him to f*"k off shows that basically he is.

Other than being appointed to his position in the democrats, what does he bring to the table to leaf Thailand out of this mess? Sweet FA comes to mind.

I still harbour a suspicion that if the caretaker government is removed from power we might wake up one morning to find Abhisit heading some form of appointed government.

It will be hugely unpopular, and I suspect it will struggle to be heard outside of Bangkok That may not bother them too much initially, It will be easier to present him internationally as a prime minister than it would be to present the headman of Lumpini Park I suppose his government would perhaps be less ruthless and vicious than an administration headed up by Suthep. Put bluntly, Suthep would I suspect be prepared to kill a lot of people to ensure that he remains in power. I'm not so sure Abhisit would.

The establishment may calculate that this is the way to make sure that they have all their ducks in a row before the imminent big event. They are aware that they probably do not have that much time, and they want to be ready.

Edited by JAG

I still harbour a suspicion that if the caretaker government is removed from power we might wake up one morning to find Abhisit heading some form of appointed government.

It will be hugely unpopular, and I suspect it will struggle to be heard outside of Bangkok That may not bother them too much initially, It will be easier to present him internationally as a prime minister than it would be to present the headman of Lumpini Park I suppose his government would perhaps be less ruthless and vicious than an administration headed up by Suthep. Put bluntly, Suthep would I suspect be prepared to kill a lot of people to ensure that he remains in power. I'm not so sure Abhisit would.

The establishment may calculate that this is the way to make sure that they have all their ducks in a row before the imminent big event. They are aware that they probably do not have that much time, and they want to be ready.

I think the hope has always been that Abhisit would be put up front and centre, they just never thought Yingluck could hold on so long.

And they never banked on Suthep getting delusions of grandeur. Anything is possible in this crazy story

that is if your anti thai would allow ant thai lady to be with you for more than 1 day

we are all I hope again violence, but this it Thailand and you support one side or the other

another silly rant from a pretty ignorant poster as for "supporting one side or the other' how immature is that??? I am on the side that fights for justice, truth and honesty for ALL Thais

and that ain't the yellow, Ammart rich that you support - go watch that Ferrari video again and get an education

PS your immature personal insults are pretty pathetic - how many posts today on this ONE thread? you're a legend in your own mind and boring in ours

I think Tezzainoz's call for people to stand up and choose a side indicates exactly why Thailand is in such a mess. I personally believe that Thailand's best chance is the fence sitters as he calls them, people who are not radicalised and blinded by colour but people who can clearly see the wrongs in both sides. A bit like a tennis ref sitting up on his chair looking down at the faults of both players.

• Like 1

I think Tezzainoz's call for people to stand up and choose a side indicates exactly why Thailand is in such a mess. I personally believe that Thailand's best chance is the fence sitters as he calls them, people who are not radicalised and blinded by colour but people who can clearly see the wrongs in both sides. A bit like a tennis ref sitting up on his chair looking down at the faults of both players.

agreed... I abhor violence on either side yet am 'pressurized' to 'choose' when, in reality, I want a 'Middle Way'

it is true I have more sympathy for the side which is 'fighting for democracy' or at least respects and upholds it but that does not make me a 'red shirt' it's just the lesser of the two current evils

If anyone is in doubt go watch:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/721086-future-leaders-ferrari-driving-rich-thai-kids-make-fools-of-themselves-in-vice-video/

the rich kids friend says... "you know what I love about you? you choose a blue Ferrari and not a red one" said to the kid that drove his car into a group of demonstrators in 2010

"it take a lot of guts for you not to get a red Ferrari"

the kid is a PDRC 'Leader' and typifies their approach

Edited by binjalin

"Don't appoint yourself as a middleman," the protest leader said. "It doesn't matter if I know them, work with them or I am close to them. Don't they dare.

LOL now the REAL Boss shows his hand and he will only make Abhisit look even weaker (if that were possible)

I guess you would like this to be a FACT so you can be a Hero

There are 2 sides to every coin

and 2 sides to every story

I see you have never challenged my post of FAIR ELECTIONS IN THAILAND

I guess you would like this to be a FACT so you can be a Hero

There are 2 sides to every coin

and 2 sides to every story

I see you have never challenged my post of FAIR ELECTIONS IN THAILAND

you deny Suthep said this to his Abhisit now Abhisit is pulling away as he sees Suthep failing? "Don't they dare"? and "Don't appoint yourself as a middleman"

And then we will see all those who have been acting illegally with PTP safety protection

and the real state of the financial books revealed

Judgment day in Thailand

and a mass exodus of Thais to Cambodia, for protection from Thai Justice