Pattaya Dentist

Chaz1819

And you're convinced you haven't caused tooth damage and/or erosion with 100 or so teeth cleanings/scalings? I find that very hard to believe. I'd call that an obsession.

It was recommended by all my dentists, including the best one I have used here.

There should be little or no erosion involved in a proper scaling as it does not require much abrasive polishing, if any. Like I said, here it's mostly cosmetic polishing and stain removal, not proper scaling.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Warin Leekpai is probably one of the few good honest dentists in Pattaya.

I went to him after first going to the clinic in Central where they said I needed two root canals on adjoining teeth.

I went for a second opinion to another clinic in Pattaya Klang cant remember the name and they said they just needed filling and then I went to Dr Warin after I heard about him on this board and he said I just needed a good clean.

Makes you wonder doesn't it about overtreatment and teeth?

And you're convinced you haven't caused tooth damage and/or erosion with 100 or so teeth cleanings/scalings? I find that very hard to believe. I'd call that an obsession.

It was recommended by all my dentists, including the best one I have used here.

There should be little or no erosion involved in a proper scaling as it does not require much abrasive polishing, if any. Like I said, here it's mostly cosmetic polishing and stain removal, not proper scaling.

Well I've been to plenty of good dentist in my life too, but never had such a recommendation, I seldom had any cleanings done until I came here where I can get it done for only 500 baht. I always figured if you keep them well brushed and use floss, you'll be ok. 3 - 4 cleanings per year sounds like good business for your dentists.

I went to him after first going to the clinic in Central where they said I needed two root canals on adjoining teeth.

I went for a second opinion to another clinic in Pattaya Klang cant remember the name and they said they just needed filling and then I went to Dr Warin after I heard about him on this board and he said I just needed a good clean.

Well, I certainly wonder about how three different places can say that you need two root canals, or a filling or just a clean. That's like three garages saying you need a new engine, a new camshaft or just an oil-change. I also cant imagine needing root canals (I've had two) and not being 100% aware of it before the dentist even looks.

Yes, I generally have little faith in dentists and doctors here and I'm sure that many here will try and sell you things that you dont need. But I dont think the same applies to my dentists in Europe (not least for legal/professional reasons). One of them I had to make appointments with 6 months in advance, so why would he bother trying to sell me treatments I don't need? Especially as the scaling treatment they did had a government capped price and so was much less profitable to him than doing other work like implants.

No, I believe their recommendations. It's certainly done me no harm to follow them. If you do a search on Google you will see that anywhere between 2 and 4 times per year is commonly suggested, and the most common suggestion is that you do it as often as your dentist recommends as some people need it more often than others.

Warin Leekpai is probably one of the few good honest dentists in Pattaya.

Yes, they always seem to be offering the cheapest solutions, which is not what you would expect from a dentist. Back a few years ago in the Philippines one dentist said my wife needed some expensive work done on her teeth, while another dentist said her teeth were perfect. I'm sure it's no different over here... but we don't know because we've been using Dr Warin Leekpai the whole time we've been in Pattaya.

True story: I used to date a dental student in Australia in the early 90's. When she was working as an intern with a dentist in Sydney she was told to drill deeper so that root canal would be required. She was absolutely horrified.

Edited by tropo

No, I believe their recommendations. It's certainly done me no harm to follow them. If you do a search on Google you will see that anywhere between 2 and 4 times per year is commonly suggested, and the most common suggestion is that you do it as often as your dentist recommends as some people need it more often than others.

Leepai recommends twice a year, but just as you say, it differs for individuals. My wife's teeth are a lot cleaner than mine at cleaning time.

Well, I certainly wonder about how three different places can say that you need two root canals, or a filling or just a clean. That's like three garages saying you need a new engine, a new camshaft or just an oil-change. I also cant imagine needing root canals (I've had two) and not being 100% aware of it before the dentist even looks.

Yes, I generally have little faith in dentists and doctors here and I'm sure that many here will try and sell you things that you dont need. But I dont think the same applies to my dentists in Europe (not least for legal/professional reasons). One of them I had to make appointments with 6 months in advance, so why would he bother trying to sell me treatments I don't need? Especially as the scaling treatment they did had a government capped price and so was much less profitable to him than doing other work like implants.

I too have been to different dentists and they have been saying for over 10 years you need root canal in this tooth or this tooth, pure cattlecrap! its just a way to get more money. I went to one in Jomtien and they wanted to charge a fortune for 4-6 visits for root canal treatment went to the dentist at the top of Theppasit road near Sukhumvit and she said you need a filling. 30k difference and no pain.

Dentists all are cheaters just like most doctors paid by labs to give you expensive medicines...

And you've tried all dentist to know this?

Try the dentist I suggested above. He doesn't cheat. Never has he suggested any unnecessary work. He actually talks you out of spending money.

Dentists all are cheaters just like most doctors paid by labs to give you expensive medicines...

Dr.Warin saved me quite a bit of money compared to another well recommended Dentist in Pattaya-his fee,s were 50% less than Dentists in my home town in the UK,I can look in the mirror and be pleased at the work he has done (nearly 2 years ago now) "cheater"-most definately not thumbsup.gif

<----- OP

Wow, who would have thought there were so many opinions on teeth. Thanks for the recommendations people made for good dentists, I appritiate it!

And thanks for all the opinion posts too. They made for fun reading after I got the recommendations. :-)

I too have been to different dentists and they have been saying for over 10 years you need root canal in this tooth or this tooth, pure cattlecrap! its just a way to get more money. I went to one in Jomtien and they wanted to charge a fortune for 4-6 visits for root canal treatment went to the dentist at the top of Theppasit road near Sukhumvit and she said you need a filling. 30k difference and no pain.

How many root canals? I've never had more than 2 visits for one tooth. 30,000 baht for one would certainly be a rip off.

However, one dentist I went to refused to do a root canal that I did need, so I had to pay twice- first time just for drilling a hole, and second time to do the root canal. I was not a happy camper.

In their defence, it isn't always easy for a dentist to know whether a root canal (or other work) is really necessary, especially if they don't know the patient well as many wont here.

I remember one of my dentists in Europe said to me once that I probably needed a root canal but that below gum-line scaling and antibiotics may do it. He did that and in the end I didn't need the root canal for another 4 years or so. So a good call.

I also remember breaking a lump of tooth off on a piece of particularly crusty toast. The dentist said "I can fix it with UV-cured resin but it may not last very long". That was nearly 10 years ago and the repair is still fine.

Leepai recommends twice a year, but just as you say, it differs for individuals. My wife's teeth are a lot cleaner than mine at cleaning time.

Just to be pedantic - he is khun LEEKPAI - as expressed on the dental appointment card his UCL certificate on the wall behind the receptionist.

Just to be pedantic - he is khun LEEKPAI - as expressed on the dental appointment card his UCL certificate on the wall behind the receptionist.

Thanks! I'll have to watch the typos (in my defence, I spelled his name correctly in post #7).

Now that we're being pedantic, Dr Warin Leekpai would be more precise.

I spoke with him last Friday about Thaivisa and how he is highly renowned and often discussed on here...and that I discovered him through this forum 8 years ago. He wasn't aware of his Thaivisa fame, which ironically is probably why he is so busy and booked out 3 weeks ahead.

Are you lot really THAT bored here? A full blown discussion/arguement, call it what you want, about the merits of having your teeth cleaned, and on a Friday night!

Jesus wept.

He certainly did-he,s human after all wai2.gif

Thanks! I'll have to watch the typos (in my defence, I spelled his name correctly in post #7).

Now that we're being pedantic, Dr Warin Leekpai would be more precise.

I spoke with him last Friday about Thaivisa and how he is highly renowned and often discussed on here...and that I discovered him through this forum 8 years ago. He wasn't aware of his Thaivisa fame, which ironically is probably why he is so busy and booked out 3 weeks ahead.

I had a similar conversation with him yesterday - blimey, he will soon start increasing his prices !!!

^^Is your Saturday afternoon THAT boring?

One post on a saturday afternoon, versus half a dozen posts on a Friday night.

Spot the difference, and take your time if you like.

You must have been suffering from a hangover after your fun Friday night because there were only 2 posts on Friday night, but they were discussing dentists whereas you came to insult. (Take as long as you like to count).

Besides, who concerns themselves with days of the week here? Most of us don't work so Friday nights have little significance compared to any other night.

Are you lot really THAT bored here? A full blown discussion/arguement, call it what you want, about the merits of having your teeth cleaned, and on a Friday night!

Jesus wept.

He would if he read some of the comments on TV:)

Besides, who concerns themselves with days of the week here? Most of us don't work so Friday nights have little significance compared to any other night.

Indeed. I only really remember what day it is because some restaurants I like do set specials on particular days.

• 3 weeks later...

Dr. Warin squeezed my GF in this morning with a painful lower molar. Did an extraction. 400 baht and that included the antibiotics and pain pills. Also included return visit in one week to remove stitches. Quality dentist at affordable prices.

Dr. Warin squeezed my GF in this morning with a painful lower molar. Did an extraction. 400 baht and that included the antibiotics and pain pills. Also included return visit in one week to remove stitches. Quality dentist at affordable prices.

You know this-I know this,but lets keep it a secret otherwise every man and his dog will want his services and it will only result in increased prices whistling.gif

You know this-I know this,but lets keep it a secret otherwise every man and his dog will want his services and it will only result in increased prices whistling.gif

You are absolutely correct petermik. mum is the word. xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png