Western women in relationships with Thai men

mama falang

I'm around a decade older than you and Mr boo about another half over that but we live in se London/kent borders, I work in the city so if u fancy an after work drink once your settled let me know.

Rinnie, congratulations to you both

• 3 weeks later...

hi cominghomesoon, thanx,

we had a blast... i think i saw all 400 wats in ayutaya; loved chiangmai and had a great time with the person i was visiting there; felt i really got to see and do things that i hadnt done before ; also to see other parts of thailand ans ways of living that i hadnt seen before...

anon came home to find that his previous place of employment had closed without notice, so was unemployed for almost a month. in the end found a good real thai /issan food non kosher restaraunt in tel aviv (sunddenly popping up like rare mushrooms, up til now israelis only went for 'asian/sushi kosher' ) for much better pay BUT it means that he lives there and only comes home on friday day/or nite and back again on sunday morning. he lives with a bunch of thai guys. fortunately they are restaraunt guys and not agri. labourers so they only work and sleep, no hanging around after work drinking or doing other male thai things (cards etc). they work long shifts. he tries to remember to call everyday, but doesnt really manage. he is thinking he will make enough to support us and also to build a house on his 'not yet finished' chanote. i dont think so but, that's what the situation at the moment. im not thrilled but if he's happy at work (having a thai shift boss not an israeli, in a thai atmosphere at work, much better pay then in jerusalem, then im satisfied.)

at the moment im patient; will see farther on down the line.

seems to be a pattern here that ive noticed; other women here with thai husbands also have mentioned to me that their husbands also seem to have more difficult time aclimating and working in non thai surroundings, dont seem to make non thai friends, and several have told me their husbands talk alot about returning to thailand in the end. the thai women here dont seem to ahve that attitude. im wondering if its because israeli culture is sooo different then thai? or its a man thing? (lack of flexibiltiy in adapting to other culture)?obviously its a language barrier, but ive noticed also that many of the thai men refuse also to learn hebrew (if they dont speak english) or dont make a real effort. there are no meet-ups for thais here as most are migrant labourers, not residents. also, they segregate themselves according to 'changwat', village, etc. mabye those from large cities are different, due to level of sophistication, but not sure. as for me, finally i have more free time so i feel the lack much more. will be starting a short course of dog grooming after the main jewish holidays are finished with in october so that should be fun... (kibbutz is paying, supposedly im gaining a new career oppurtunity).

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

There are plan afoot to improve the ladies section of thaivisa.

Please be patient & soon you will have a place to post.

Any ladies living, working, visiting, married to thai men or interested in Thailand & SE ASIA please make yourself known so I can add you to a member list.

Good to hear you are on this Boo.

This thread should be important, it seems to be a bit dead.

Where is sbk and Bina, i miss them!!! And Eek?

Add me to your list, you know you love me!!!

Remember how we used to laugh?? I was the one who introduced you lot to Michael Bublé, and the male belly dancer.......

And thanks for bringing me back to TVF, with just a phone push. When, in this day and age, no one would believe you had no internet access. Apart from the local library that gave me 15 minutes. Untill i bought this silly cheapy laptop which still works after 2.5 years!!

Just to annoy people!!

Glad to see this kind of relationship happening more and more often here. A lot of the Western women I know here won't date Thais and complain that the Western guys in Thailand won't date them. I hope this is a trend that sticks.

Glad to see this kind of relationship happening more and more often here. A lot of the Western women I know here won't date Thais and complain that the Western guys in Thailand won't date them. I hope this is a trend that sticks.

"won't date them?". Should have told me that when I was younger and unmarried. I cannot even get a falong lady to make eye contact with me let alone date me. I had to travel to Thailand because falong women would not even give me the time of day. Thankfully, there is this country called Thailand and I managed to get laid and find a wife. Would've never happened if I hadn't discovered l.o.s.

Archived