The Last Beer

raro

Hello everybody!

As Kerry and me realized that we will never have the last word (see respective thread...), we might settle for the last beer instead.

So we will meet at around 9 pm at the Easy Rider pub in Second Road, opposite from the Tiffany Show.

The venue was chosen because it is family friendly, albeit not too far from family unfriendly establishments, has reasonable prices and the best band that Pattaya has to offer at the moment. Sitting outside the sound is not at earsplitting level, so a conversation is possible without screaming.

Whoever wants to join is cordially invited, the more the marrier!

Cheers

raro

So we will meet at around 9 pm at the Easy Rider pub in Second Road, opposite from the Tiffany Show

Yeah but what day/date ??? maybe you'll be there everyday ??? :D

Look in the topic header....it's Friday the 16th... :o

best band that Pattaya has to offer at the moment.

Actually the best band is located at Blues Factory!!!! :o

I tend to disagree...even though they do not sponsor this forum, their band kicks asses!

just to bring this back to the front page, I'll be at the Amcham function on Friday and hit the Easy Rider at about 9:30...Whoever wants to be there buys me a drink :o

I thought you were buying the free drinks !?!?!?!? :D

Hmmm, guess I'll have to crack the piggy bank open if I am going to be buying you a (very cheap, stale, draft) beer. :D

This Easy Riders isn't close to that Cosy Bar is it (the one where both farang "owners" were recently busted).

Maybe we should take over that place :D

just to bring this back to the front page, I'll be at the Amcham function on Friday and hit the Easy Rider at about 9:30...Whoever wants to be there buys me a drink :D

I thought you were buying the free drinks !?!?!?!? :D

Hmmm, guess I'll have to crack the piggy bank open if I am going to be buying you a (very cheap, stale, draft) beer. :D

This Easy Riders isn't close to that Cosy Bar is it (the one where both farang "owners" were recently busted).

Maybe we should take over that place :D

what about youtaking it over? After you got busted I can have the last word... :o

what about youtaking it over? After you got busted I can have the last word... :o

Thought about it, then realized I probably wouldn't live long enough to enjoy it, between drinking the stock and chasing the staff, I might last a week !! :D

Hmmm, the 16th is tomorrow ! Better rest up a bit, take it easy tonight, stay home and post lots of replies in the Last Word, to make up for the time I will lose tomorrow night ! :D

Couple hours to go. Getting ready now. Not sure where I'm going though. Across #2 Road from the Tiffany Show. Hmmmmmm. May have to walk around abit to find it ?

Just noticed on another site that there is another bar with the same name, on Walking Street (near the Hot Tuna complex ?)

So, is anyone else going to be there other than raro and me ?

Couple hours to go. Getting ready now. Not sure where I'm going though. Across #2 Road from the Tiffany Show. Hmmmmmm. May have to walk around abit to find it ?

Just noticed on another site that there is another bar with the same name, on Walking Street (near the Hot Tuna complex ?)

So, is anyone else going to be there other than raro and me ?

It`s the ranch style bar with the rustic look and the loud music on 2nd rd opp Tiffanys and below and to the right of the Irishman Pub :o

Did anyone else actually show up ?

I arrived almost exactly at 9, having wandered around lost by the Alcazar show (had no clue where Tiffany's was, despite driving past it numerous times, never realized where it was). Found the Cosy Bar though (it looked to be operating normally, despite it's "ownership" being in jail at the time).

Saw 2 farang/Thai couples, and 1 farang couple at Easy Riders. Couple of cute waitresses as well. It started sputtering rain just as I ordered my second drink. Finished my drink and the rain seem to be holding off, so I decided to scoot before getting caught in a downpour.

Guess the local members need a little more incentive to leave their keyboards on a Friday night ?

Did anyone else actually show up ?

I arrived almost exactly at 9, having wandered around lost by the Alcazar show (had no clue where Tiffany's was, despite driving past it numerous times, never realized where it was). Found the Cosy Bar though (it looked to be operating normally, despite it's "ownership" being in jail at the time).

Saw 2 farang/Thai couples, and 1 farang couple at Easy Riders. Couple of cute waitresses as well. It started sputtering rain just as I ordered my second drink. Finished my drink and the rain seem to be holding off, so I decided to scoot before getting caught in a downpour.

Guess the local members need a little more incentive to leave their keyboards on a Friday night ?

..and I thought you took my advise going across the road for some head-ache remedy...

Too bad, we must have just missed. I showed up with Mrs. raro at 9:30 and asked all five people if they come from Thaivisa and got only blank stares as an answer...anyways, another friend of mine came and we had got significantly intoxicated while enjoying this very good (albeit not good enough :o ) band...

Aanyways, will be there next Friday again at about the same time. No, I do not own shares in their business.

Too bad, we must have just missed. I showed up with Mrs. raro at 9:30 and asked all five people if they come from Thaivisa and got only blank stares as an answer...anyways, another friend of mine came and we had got significantly intoxicated while enjoying this very good (albeit not good enough :o ) band...

Aanyways, will be there next Friday again at about the same time. No, I do not own shares in their business.

I was probably driving away as you arrived !

Glad I didn't bother asking those same 5 people if they were from TV. They'd probably start getting annoyed if every new arrival in the bar asked them the same question.

At least I know where the place is for the next time. I did notice the signs for that "head-ache" remedy spot across the street. Got to check it out one day (I used to be a competition shooter years ago). Might want to do that before going drinking though. :D