'orrible weekend comiong up

JoePai

Looks like Pattaya could be extremely busy this coming weekend with hordes descending for a long weekend.

Thursday is a Public holiday and so is next Monday so with taking a sicky on Friday the Thais can have a 5 day holiday sad.png

• Like 1

Plus, it will be the Nash Hash with 300 Hashers expected (including me). You'd better hide.

But if the bars are closed you will have an issue, because I heard that hashers can't run stumble if no beer is involved.

Ahem, you thought we have not planned for that;-) Incidentally, I heard the long run is 17K, I would not call that a stumble......

Plus, it will be the Nash Hash with 300 Hashers expected (including me). You'd better hide.

But if the bars are closed you will have an issue, because I heard that hashers can't run stumble if no beer is involved.

Ahem, you thought we have not planned for that;-) Incidentally, I heard the long run is 17K, I would not call that a stumble......

17km?! sounds like the hares have their heads up their proverbial.

hashing is social. it's not a fitness club.

Edited by NanLaew

Why can't these inconsiderate Thais leave the city to the Brits, Irish, Aussies, Russians, Germans, Indians, Chinese, Malaysians, Koreans, Iranians, Turks, Africans et al? What are they doing taking a holiday at a resort in their own country anyway?

Don't think many of them actually manage to arrive at the 'resort', I find most of them queuing all the way up and down Sukhumvit Road on a Saturday and Sunday. I guess I can just play spot the traffic jam for 5 days this week instead of the usual 2.

Coming from Bangkok I don't suppose they even notice the difference, just bring their accustomed gridlock with them!

Why can't these inconsiderate Thais leave the city to the Brits, Irish, Aussies, Russians, Germans, Indians, Chinese, Malaysians, Koreans, Iranians, Turks, Africans et al? What are they doing taking a holiday at a resort in their own country anyway?

U got the sequence wrong. Russians first 1.2 million per year. Chinese 2nd 1 million per year and then the rest. A lot of low income europeans. The Thai's at least spend money

BUT, it was only a few weeks ago since your last visit to Pattaya, after saying on this forum you dont like grumpy farangs in bars. When I asked why were you in Pattaya, you said it was only a free business trip. So is this "hashers run " business ? Surely, you thai apologists would be more happy drinking with your lovely Thai friends, than the "gumpy farangs" (your words)

Horrible weekend coming up in Pattaya. I thought every weekend in Pattaya was a nightmare. Come to think of it so were the weekdays. If only all those sex tourists would stop bothering the foreigners. If only all those foreigners would stop encouraging them. If only all the beaches were clean and devoid of all that flesh. If only people would learn to walk.

WELCOME TO HELL !!

BUT, it was only a few weeks ago since your last visit to Pattaya, after saying on this forum you dont like grumpy farangs in bars. When I asked why were you in Pattaya, you said it was only a free business trip. So is this "hashers run " business ? Surely, you thai apologists would be more happy drinking with your lovely Thai friends, than the "gumpy farangs" (your words)

Haven't met many grumpy Hashers. And should I be flattered that you are keeping track of my posts regarding Pattaya?

Great, all the roads full again for 5 days of Bangkonians (as every weekend), who just can't drive and think Pattaya roads a SPEEDWAY

Yes you can tell when they are around, I guess the sight of an open road does something to the Bangkokian drivers.

(By open rioad I mean a 2mx3m bit of tarmac that they insist on squeezing into.)

Edited by jacko45k

to be fair my queen its not a stumble in a pick up..biggrin.png

You should fill blessed...living in the Pattaya area...the crowds...the heat...the traffic...are everyday business in BKK...

We do! Even the old Doomsayers love Pattaya and will never leave because they love hating it so much.

Hahaha, what a brilliant line, Jsixpack ! (and soooo true). Thanks, it's so good to laugh first thing in the morning :-))

• Like 1

I think the short run is only a few kilometers. I will certainly do the "ball buster". Not all Hashers are overweight alcoholicsburp.gif

There's absolutely no social stigma attached to being an aficionado of the 'women's and wimps' trail.

I hared a couple of has runs in Houston several years ago where they were used to inner-city pavement pounding so I introduced them to the wide open spaces out the Katy Freeway. It royally buggered up the couple that liked to run while bouncing a squash ball (honestly!) and the guy who insisted on taking his bloody bike on the run rather sheepishly surrendered it to the back of my pickup at the water check... where I served an anchovy with a peach schnapps chaser in lieu of any water.

On-On

• Like 1