Abhisit says he has backing from supreme commander

webfact

Abhisit says he has backing from supreme commander
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva met with Supreme Commander Gen Thanasak Patimaprakorn on Monday and says he has backed his efforts to seek a solution for the country's political crisis.

Abhisit met Thanasak at the Supreme Command at 9.30am and spent about two hours talking with the supreme commander.

Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Abhisit said Thanasak was worried about the political crisis and supported his efforts to try to find a solution for the country.

"The supreme commander supports what I have been doing. He wants to see all sides joining hands to ease the situation," Abhisit said.

"He feels that every effort that can solve the problems should be made. He agrees with me that political problems should be solved with significant input from politicians."

Abhisit said he would meet the Election Commission Tuesday morning and would also meet with various groups to explain his proposal.

He reiterated that the country's political crisis must be solved with reforms based on the charter's provisions.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-28

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit's initiative is appearing more and more sensible by the hour. His efforts will likely be drowned out, however, by the louder ( and more erratic ) voices of Pheu Thai.

I doubt that a sensible solution is needed at the moment.....I think a drastic solution is needed, not some weak compromises.

• Like 1

Did I miss something?

What has he actually proposed?

Once again a lot of words but no substance!

He proposed "all sides joining hands to ease the situation"

And Supreme Commander Gen Thanasak Patimaprakorn said that is a good idea....

• Like 2

Tim CM post # 12

His party have never worried about that at all, as long as he has the military to put them in power so they can benefit from corruption.

If he was really concerned about Thailand, he would come out and say he wants the people to have their say, not the joke that is the Thai military

Thaksin and his party have never worried about that at all, as long as he has the Red Shirt Terrorists to put them in power so they can benefit from corruption.

If Thaksin Sinwatra and his clan were really concerned about Thailand, they would come out and say he wants the people to have their say, not the joke that is the puppet P.T.P. Prime Minster along with the puppet P.T.P. M.P.s and the Red Shirt Terrorist.

And you used some of your own words. Impressive!

• Like 1

Did I miss something?

What has he actually proposed?

Once again a lot of words but no substance!

Your on a need to know basis

and with you bias there is not need for you to know

I also don't know but I can only hope for a better Thialand

• Like 1

Abhisit's initiative is appearing more and more sensible by the hour. His efforts will likely be drowned out, however, by the louder ( and more erratic ) voices of Pheu Thai.

I doubt that a sensible solution is needed at the moment.....I think a drastic solution is needed, not some weak compromises.

Is a civil war more to your liking?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tim CM post # 12

His party have never worried about that at all, as long as he has the military to put them in power so they can benefit from corruption.

If he was really concerned about Thailand, he would come out and say he wants the people to have their say, not the joke that is the Thai military

Thaksin and his party have never worried about that at all, as long as he has the Red Shirt Terrorists to put them in power so they can benefit from corruption.

If Thaksin Sinwatra and his clan were really concerned about Thailand, they would come out and say he wants the people to have their say, not the joke that is the puppet P.T.P. Prime Minster along with the puppet P.T.P. M.P.s and the Red Shirt Terrorist.

I agree, they are as bad as each other. I never said otherwise, just commenting on the article. The only difference is I can see that without blind devotion to either side

you included, no doubt...

What about the people? Does Abhisit have the backing of the people?

There are many keyboard warriors on TVF that think they can read the future

But any one with and basic brains will say

Only time will tell

• Like 1

Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Abhisit said Thanasak was worried about the political crisis and supported his efforts to try to find a solution for the country.

The official response from PTP should be released shortly. Due to the time difference Surapong is having issues reaching the Dear Leader in New York.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Adhisit is worried more about his own political future, than his country's future.

I'm very sad to say that but unfortunately is the truth.

BP has been working quietly in the back ground, as well as making some news announcements, not like some noise making red shirt brigade, all screaming, bad manners and no progress.

Is a civil war more to your liking?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Civil war? Who? 200 red shirts?