Abhisit says he has backing from supreme commander

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit's initiative is appearing more and more sensible by the hour. His efforts will likely be drowned out, however, by the louder ( and more erratic ) voices of Pheu Thai.

Well how about he goes and gets the backing of the entire or majority of the Thai population for a start instead of the so called Supreme Commander. That would be a better start would it NOT? Getting the support of the Supreme Commander LOL,

what a joke, isn't he there to (supreme commander that is) serve the people and not the half wit politicians.

My My, High tide the democrats came to the table, feels like they have just woken up from a full moon (tent) slumber party!

Good on you Abhisit for coming to the tea party after all, better late then never I guess. cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gifwai.gifw00t.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Tezz do you just go from one post to the throwing abuse at fellow posters or are you just doing a abhisit of making statements with no substance.

I like the rest of the posters are entitled to an opinion and your quite free to disagree but you like to throw in a few insults to try an d make some point.

Sure sign of insecurity!

HELLO POLLY, you are entitled to have one fixed view of the government (can do no wrong) other 99% of posters tend to be of the opinion that the demo elected government went back on democracy and helped themselves-without good accounting-not democratic.

With fouling and turning it's back on the law and flouting it, it shot it's greedy self in the foot.

I and so many posters are called yellow because we recognize that the elected government abused their power. yellow NO.

So the general view is there, courts to decide -whether you like it or not. No elections at the minute as abusing power you do not get tickets to another election until the perpetrators are rounded up.

Who takes over I couldn't care less, as long as it's a non corrupt lot--or near as can be.

Different isn't it---denial to wrongs------------------------or critic of the wrongs.

The latter suits me fine---up to you.

• Like 1

Abhisit's initiative is appearing more and more sensible by the hour. His efforts will likely be drowned out, however, by the louder ( and more erratic ) voices of Pheu Thai.

Well how about he goes and gets the backing of the entire or majority of the Thai population for a start instead of the so called Supreme Commander. That would be a better start would it NOT? Getting the support of the Supreme Commander LOL,

what a joke, isn't he there to (supreme commander that is) serve the people and not the half wit politicians.

My My, High tide the democrats came to the table, feels like they have just woken up from a full moon (tent) slumber party!

Good on you Abhisit for coming to the tea party after all, better late then never I guess. cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gifwai.gifw00t.gifwhistling.gif

Hey Nut, say what you like about anyone, freedom of speech. Anything to say about the abuse of power of the PTP/Yingluck regime.???

bet you it's not a lot if any response, then it will include everyone else to blame. Go Go Yingluck you deserve all you have coming to you, Kharma.

He has the backing for what?

For "all sides joining hands to ease the situation"?

If you'd bother to follow this situation you'd know he has a blueprint that he is takes to various functions. This blueprint isn't public yet. But you probably knew that, you just wanted to make some smart-azz comment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Top secret blue-prints of small reforms.

Small reforms don't help as Thailand need big reforms and these small reforms are top secret because they either don't exist or they are so ridiculous that you better keep them secret.

If he has a blue print, than where is it? Lets assume the unbelievable that he really has some reasonable blue prints of reforms, why is he keeping them secret but ask the Supreme Commander for support? That is complete against the idea of Democracy.

Didn't your darling of Issan have the brain to draft out new reforms for Thailand ?? alone -she would not know how to start, second PTP never wanted to do anything for 3 years to help the country. Sorry record of achievements.

Wouldn't be the first time would it..................................................whistling.gif

Apart from the dwindling support, what backing has Yingluck ??? she sure needs it now and FAMILY MONEY cannot help her.

99% how did you come up with that figure?

If you want to follow the pied piper down the yellow brick road fine no problem.

If you want him to appoint his mates or even himself no policies announced on his style of reform fine.

Me I actually gave abhisit a wrap the other day for if you can call it slightly breaking away and actually looking for solutions!

Disappointed to find out that there a secret.

He would get a lot more points if he was more transparent.

• Like 1

Sounds like Abhisit is spinning General Tanasaks support for seeking a solution, into support for Abhisit as a person. That's a bit feeble. It's like when Suthep goes to 7 eleven, the till staff greet him and he announces 7-eleven backs his reform plan!

There's a very good discussion of the parallels between 2008 and 2013 over on Asian Correspondent.

In particular the discussions the old Generals had on removing the politicians and some sort of "reform committee" and appointing Anand as neutral PM, and their wish to put non-elected MP's into the House of Representatives, like they did with the Senate to such disastrous results.

Also read the bit about a "people's power" group with a mob appearing to challenge the government, and the army not directly involved but some military to protect them.... awfully like the PDRC mob and the PAD mob.

[it's a long read, but well worth it]

The interesting thing is, these military folks had all these complicated plans and all these games to execute the plan, and what actually happened was simply, they ejected PPP the goverment that won the elections hands down, and Abhisit and Suthep simply took power, discarding any magic plans they had for reform along the way.

The old Generals were really played for chumps. Or perhaps their plan was simply smokescreen to put the Democrats in power, all along and reform was just an excuse then.

And now Suthep is back, resurrecting the same game plan, and Abhisit is trying to present himself as a solution finder.

It's safe to say Abhsit won't stand for any election where Yingluk is running, he's clearly not capable of winning a fair election, just as he hasn't won 4 others. He'll likely want to suggest Yingluk and the popular MPs stand down, or he be given some sort of head start or other inducement to go to elections. Maybe a few free seats, or for PT votes to count for less than democrat ones (similar to a suggestion he made at the last election).

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 2

If you'd bother to follow this situation you'd know he has a blueprint that he is takes to various functions. This blueprint isn't public yet. But you probably knew that, you just wanted to make some smart-azz comment.

Small reforms don't help as Thailand need big reforms and these small reforms are top secret because they either don't exist or they are so ridiculous that you better keep them secret.

If he has a blue print, than where is it? Lets assume the unbelievable that he really has some reasonable blue prints of reforms, why is he keeping them secret but ask the Supreme Commander for support? That is complete against the idea of Democracy.

Have you followed this attempt at all? From what I gather he's made a blueprint but is taking it around during 10 days to discuss it and possibly adjust it during the process. Is that a hard to comprehend way forward?

• Like 1

Hey Nut, say what you like about anyone, freedom of speech. Anything to say about the abuse of power of the PTP/Yingluck regime.???

bet you it's not a lot if any response, then it will include everyone else to blame. Go Go Yingluck you deserve all you have coming to you, Kharma.

read my posts...carefully. Yingluck is a putrid politician IMO and corrupt to the core. Now read my post again. And the name is Cricketnut, champ. :blink::P;)-_-

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

99% how did you come up with that figure?

If you want to follow the pied piper down the yellow brick road fine no problem.

If you want him to appoint his mates or even himself no policies announced on his style of reform fine.

Me I actually gave abhisit a wrap the other day for if you can call it slightly breaking away and actually looking for solutions!

Disappointed to find out that there a secret.

He would get a lot more points if he was more transparent.

Drop out the school cross country-your in the last ten and therefore not worth it.

Had you done good training your party would never have had these ongoing problems.

Your party was trained by the wrong man and it is now showing.

Suthep has not been agreeing with all Abhisit is doing as well.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wouldn't be the first time would it..................................................whistling.gif

And here was I thinking that the supreme commander was a very beloved and wonderful person residing in Hua-Hin, how naive we are, and how disrespectful the Nation is for using this term...

I realize the chances are not high for a successful outcome but I hope it finds some success to move Thailand forward in a peaceful manner. But reading the reaction of the TVF red brigade makes you wonder, they just heap scorn on the effort. It's like they are thirsty for a Ko Te solution.

read my posts...carefully. Yingluck is a putrid politician IMO and corrupt to the core. Now read my post again. And the name is Cricketnut, champ. blink.pngtongue.pngwink.pngsleep.png

your reply was opposite to your post-- you read it again.

I agree with your reply only.

I realize the chances are not high for a successful outcome but I hope it finds some success to move Thailand forward in a peaceful manner. But reading the reaction of the TVF red brigade makes you wonder, they just heap scorn on the effort. It's like they are thirsty for a Ko Te solution.

I would hope no one wants that. The Dems have been sitting on their bottoms for how long now? Its about time they totally disengaged from the PRDC and let the light shine on these reforms all be it minor. Thailand needs major from head to toe and is in more poo then a rolling pig with ASEAN and the AEC just around the corner... Next.

read my posts...carefully. Yingluck is a putrid politician IMO and corrupt to the core. Now read my post again. And the name is Cricketnut, champ. blink.pngtongue.pngwink.pngsleep.png

don't need too. I'm neutral not a red nor yellow, you presume wrongly that I'm red. I said I want partipation in English and attached an illustration thus demonstrating my frustration. Some one has just fallen off a tuk tuk... Som na na. Next.

don't need too. I'm neutral not a red nor yellow, you presume wrongly that I'm red. I said I want partipation in English and attached an illustration thus demonstrating my frustration. Some one has just fallen off a tuk tuk... Som na na. Next.

What are you telling me your neutral for ?? I hadn't classed you as any colour, sorry if I hit a nerve. Whoever has fallen off a tuk tuk go help them--could well be Yingluck again.

If a person is neutral it will show without shouting about it. I wasn't trying to be the clever Rs, but your post was a bit mixed and therefore confusing.

What are you telling me your neutral for ?? I hadn't classed you as any colour, sorry if I hit a nerve. Whoever has fallen off a tuk tuk go help them--could well be Yingluck again.

If a person is neutral it will show without shouting about it. I wasn't trying to be the clever Rs, but your post was a bit mixed and therefore confusing.

It is what it is to the person reading it. Hence none of my business. Next.

And that ladies and gentlemen is step one completed in the end game strategy being played out, and the PTP are too stupid to even notice it.

Threaten to boycott and disrupt under the current situation, then play ' good cop bad cop ' where Abhisit recommends a compromise and promises to do his best to negotiate between the PDRC and the EC/Opposition.... Gets the military to start the show by coming out and saying that Abhisit has a very good compromise on the table and that their talks were very agreeable and successful.... That is the primer.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/721938-abhisit-floats-minor-reforms/page-2#entry7747279

Now just complete the next few steps and it will be a good job done, and one that should not lead to a civil war.

That is the difference between the two camps.... one side has intelligence the other side relies on brute force and intimidation.

Was there a burning bush and stone tablets?

If you have more than 1% understanding of the Thai political and social situation you'd know that Thai armed forces have a big say in this society. That's the real situation.

I guess you don't like that but if you're serious about finding some path forward for Thailand you can't just ignore the armed forces. But I guess you prefer to keep your head in the sand.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes after all he is a minority but lets give him a try.

It is what it is to the person reading it. Hence none of my business. Next.

Post then as you would do in a government department, basic to the point-don't beat about the bush. Your post would have been binned by a decent HEO.

People should not have to decipher posts. A short post to the point is sufficient .thumbsup.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Didn't your darling of Issan have the brain to draft out new reforms for Thailand ?? alone -she would not know how to start, second PTP never wanted to do anything for 3 years to help the country. Sorry record of achievements.

Well a record, but so many achievements of failure , at best can be described as a systematic fracturing from the top down

• Like 1

If you have more than 1% understanding of the Thai political and social situation you'd know that Thai armed forces have a big say in this society. That's the real situation.

I guess you don't like that but if you're serious about finding some path forward for Thailand you can't just ignore the armed forces. But I guess you prefer to keep your head in the sand.

Umm yes, and forgive me if I don't check your posts from time to time for the latest insider info.

Umm yes, and forgive me if I don't check your posts from time to time for the latest insider info.

I have never claimed to be an insider. You know that. You just post some throw-away garbage line as your defense.

I have never claimed to be an insider. You know that. You just post some throw-away garbage line as your defense.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked now with your confession. A person with so much insight as you should definitely be in the inner circle of Thai politics and society.

• Like 1