Had Yai to Penang

Finlaco

Hi

I posted a while back and since no one posted recent information, I thought I might share the following ;-

TAT Had Yai - There are many agencies that provide minivan from Hatyai to Penang. It costs about 300 Baht/person. Their daily service leaves Hatyai about 2-3 times: 9.00, 12.00, 15.00 Hrs. You have to contact at their offices.

Pan Siam Enterprise Tel. 074 237440.
Davis Tour Tel. 074236593.
Hatyai Inter Top Tour Tel. 074 354397.
Hopefully some TV members will find it useful, others will leave irrelevant comments
Edited by Finlaco

quick update : ......I'm in Penang now and there's a problem concerning the HDY > PNG > HDY minivan service. It seems that Malaysian Min of Transport have been busting the vans en route ( possible insurance issues ), so the service is erratic at the moment. There is a 07:00 train from HDY to Butterworth as an option. The train from B'worth to HDY leaves at 14:30, there is an early morning train but the Penang > Butterworth ferries don't start operating early enough to get you to the station on time. Other option = M'sian public bus to Pedang Bazaar border and then Thai bus to HDY.

In Penang beach beware of jelly fish attack, Ferringi beach side are famous tourist destination but due to global warming many jelly fish appear near the beach very close to swimmers .

You shouldn't be swimming there anyway, extremely polluted.

In Penang beach beware of jelly fish attack, Ferringi beach side are famous tourist destination but due to global warming many jelly fish appear near the beach very close to swimmers .

oh is that what it is? i though it was because of all the earthquakes.

morning train Had Yai to Butterworth and gets in at a reasonable daylight time but not b4 the thai embassy is closed for applications.

Edited by Cow San Load