Suthep says no compromise with Thaksin

webfact

Well here goes this looney again and I can't believe even his most ardent supporters still back him!

Hers a guy demanding that a thai citizen be thrown out of the country!

If it starts there where's it going to stop?

That's why we have courts ! What he is professing is justice sutep style!

They should rope this guy in get his golden whistle and stick it where the sun don't shine!

Don't tell us--for what ??? tell him yourself. We are so blessed to have such a clean and trustworthy government--so good they are waiting their turn in court.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm trying to work out if Abhisit and Suthep are in cahoots on this or have truly diverged philosophically.

More importantly, would Suthep seek to disrupt elections if the Democrats stood? Would his following diminish under such circumstances?

Has Suthep served his purpose?

Can Abhisit get an acceptable set of political cum electoral reforms agreed upon pre-election?

Has a deal been struck that somehow permits Yingluck to be absolved of charges if she agrees to reform and steps down?

Is there horse trading going on behind closed doors?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After thinking about it:

With the Democrats at the elections, Suthep won't be able to disrupt the elections. On the other hand many Democrats would boycott the elections which would result in a terrible defeat and a win of the PTP.

I think there is no legal framework that would allow Yingluck and Abhisit doing reforms before the elections. Actually it would be a coup by the PTP to do it.

So without Suthep Abhisit has nothing to offer, but maybe he must say something nice to safe his party from getting legal problems?

Or he can see that the corrupt and inept govt of PT and the lunacy of suthep are both bad for Thailand and he is actually trying to do something to bring the country back from the brink.

• Like 1

I'm trying to work out if Abhisit and Suthep are in cahoots on this or have truly diverged philosophically.

More importantly, would Suthep seek to disrupt elections if the Democrats stood? Would his following diminish under such circumstances?

Can Abhisit get an acceptable set of political cum electoral reforms agreed upon pre-election?

Has a deal been struck that somehow permits Yingluck to be absolved of charges if she agrees to reform and steps down?

After thinking about it:

With the Democrats at the elections, Suthep won't be able to disrupt the elections. On the other hand many Democrats would boycott the elections which would result in a terrible defeat and a win of the PTP.

I think there is no legal framework that would allow Yingluck and Abhisit doing reforms before the elections. Actually it would be a coup by the PTP to do it.

So without Suthep Abhisit has nothing to offer, but maybe he must say something nice to safe his party from getting legal problems?

Or he can see that the corrupt and inept govt of PT and the lunacy of suthep are both bad for Thailand and he is actually trying to do something to bring the country back from the brink.

Yes but it would split the Democrats which would ensure that the PTP wins the election and everything continues like it is. It won't do any good for the country.

After thinking about it:

With the proletariat having the collective attention span of a goldfish with Alzheimer's, the next election will be all about timing and whoever is the number one candidate for PT.

If YS goes in disgrace and Abhisit is being positively viewed then the situation will be ripe

Well here goes this looney again and I can't believe even his most ardent supporters still back him!

Hers a guy demanding that a thai citizen be thrown out of the country!

If it starts there where's it going to stop?

That's why we have courts ! What he is professing is justice sutep style!

They should rope this guy in get his golden whistle and stick it where the sun don't shine!

only now do you agree that courts should be used..thumbsup.gif more faces than medusa got snakes...

• Like 2

While Abhisit is part of the problem and not the solution, by refusing to discuss any way forward, Suthep is just further and further isolating himself from a resolution to Thailand's problems and from reality.

Think before you write. Right now Abhisit is busy talking with many people about his plan on how EVERYONE can move forward. So far so good. FYI I don't think that Abhisit has ever refused to discuss a way forward. He has declined to talk when the only topic allowed was exactly which date in the next 45 days the election would be. The PTP previously refused to talk about anything other than an asap election date. Suthep is sound more and more strident all the time. We will have to wait and see if Abhisit can get the PDRC (and PTP and UDD) on board or not.

• Like 1

After thinking about it:

Yes but it would split the Democrats which would ensure that the PTP wins the election and everything continues like it is. It won't do any good for the country.

To be honest I can't see anyone but PT winning the next election, my only hope is that they rule in a more democratic, less corrupt, less populist, less inept, more consensual manner next time round. The only good thing that can come out of the current mess is that it has shown the elite leadership of PT what happens when they govern as the lords and ladies of misrule and push the people too far.

One can but dream.

"Suthep’s made known his stance Monday night after Ms Yingluck voicing hope that opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva could best convince the protest leader to sit down for talk and enter election to end the deadlock."

Suthep doesn't want any solution except his own. The Dems are looking for a solution to the current mess, that is not the one he wants. Still that's not surprising, two separate groups with very different philosophies.

A lot in PT feel the same way, but at least yingluck has the sense to see a solution is needed or this deadlock will never end without more bloodshed. No one wants that, well no one with more than two functioning brain cells at least.

And he is right.....Some compromise solution with Thaksin will result in either the same again in 2 years. Or the next Thaksin will come in no later than 4 years.

Better make a good solution now, than some foul compromise and having the same kind of problems for the next 20 years.

Suthep might not be the nicest guy but he right in this case.

You are kidding me?

What you are advocating is 'ethnic political cleansing' to suit the Democrats or the Elite otherwise they will take their bat n ball and go home again !

Elections will determine which MP's and Political Parties should run the country not a numb nut like Suthep who is definitely not elected or the voice of the 'majority'..

And I'm no Thaksin fan either before you reply ;)

• Like 1

To be honest I can't see anyone but PT winning the next election, my only hope is that they rule in a more democratic, less corrupt, less populist, less inept, more consensual manner next time round. The only good thing that can come out of the current mess is that it has shown the elite leadership of PT what happens when they govern as the lords and ladies of misrule and push the people too far.

One can but dream.

To be honest, now the hornets nest has been busted and more revealed I cannot see how a non existent party can stand. Do you think mate that the other powers that be will allow this 3 years to be run again with the same rabble NEVER you wouldn't if it was your business would you ??

"Suthep’s made known his stance Monday night after Ms Yingluck voicing hope that opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva could best convince the protest leader to sit down for talk and enter election to end the deadlock."

Suthep doesn't want any solution except his own. The Dems are looking for a solution to the current mess, that is not the one he wants. Still that's not surprising, two separate groups with very different philosophies.

A lot in PT feel the same way, but at least yingluck has the sense to see a solution is needed or this deadlock will never end without more bloodshed. No one wants that, well no one with more than two functioning brain cells at least.

And he is right.....Some compromise solution with Thaksin will result in either the same again in 2 years. Or the next Thaksin will come in no later than 4 years.

Better make a good solution now, than some foul compromise and having the same kind of problems for the next 20 years.

Suthep might not be the nicest guy but he right in this case.

You are kidding me?

What you are advocating is 'ethnic political cleansing' to suit the Democrats or the Elite otherwise they will take their bat n ball and go home again !

Elections will determine which MP's and Political Parties should run the country not a numb nut like Suthep who is definitely not elected or the voice of the 'majority'..

And I'm no Thaksin fan either before you reply wink.png

Before a few more go stark raving bonkers, never in a million years will anyone let this regime in again. Tell me why has there been problems, nothing more than gross mismanagement, NOT SUTHEP or the DEMS. I will say this a million times until it sinks in--the government self destructed it's self.

THIS IS NOT FROM A YELLOW CAMP. this is speaking honest, 3 years of rapid decline, can anyone tell me convince me what PTP did good for the country,

No one has replied with the list of honours.

• Like 1

Read the Blue Sky English subs last night, the great man came on at 20.13 and left stage at 21.47 and not once did he tell me what he was going to do to reform Thailand. Same everyday for 6 months. This man is off no consequence, he answers the paymaster just like me. His paymasters are under threat of losing the purse strings of the nation if things follow a natural course and a perceived 'unhealthy' friendship is allowed to benefit another. This group of people need to get power now, elections are not on their agenda. Their is a future event they want to determine the outcome of and elections results in Thailand mean they have to grab power. If people are shocked at the unacepatable 'no compromise' stance of the PDRC then take a seat because if this crowd achieve their aims they will shock you to the core with what comes next

Read the Blue Sky English subs last night, the great man came on at 20.13 and left stage at 21.47 and not once did he tell me what he was going to do to reform Thailand. Same everyday for 6 months. This man is off no consequence, he answers the paymaster just like me. His paymasters are under threat of losing the purse strings of the nation if things follow a natural course and a perceived 'unhealthy' friendship is allowed to benefit another. This group of people need to get power now, elections are not on their agenda. Their is a future event they want to determine the outcome of and elections results in Thailand mean they have to grab power. If people are shocked at the unacepatable 'no compromise' stance of the PDRC then take a seat because if this crowd achieve their aims they will shock you to the core with what comes next

He told it 100 times, he build a reform government that is 1 year in power and than everyone from it is banned for 5 years. They decide together with the public what reforms are necessary to get rid of corruption and vote buying and prepare for new elections.

• Like 1

He told it 100 times, he build a reform government that is 1 year in power and than everyone from it is banned for 5 years. They decide together with the public what reforms are necessary to get rid of corruption and vote buying and prepare for new elections.

Santa comes down the Chimney every year. You believe in a man who grabs power at all costs will give it back in one year..cuckoo land. The EC did not prosecute any PTT at last election for vote buying. Korn, you know him, openly admitted on a radio show after last election that his party spent more money on vote buying and it does not work. People who still believe this is about ridding corruption need to realise that this is about ensuring corruption but only for the backers of Suthep. Read my post again and work out what I am trying to say, not just the first sentence

One can but dream.

To be honest, now the hornets nest has been busted and more revealed I cannot see how a non existent party can stand. Do you think mate that the other powers that be will allow this 3 years to be run again with the same rabble NEVER you wouldn't if it was your business would you ??

I don't think another PT govt will be good for Thailand, but I still think they will be able to get the numbers out to win enough seats to win. I won't shed any tears if they don't, but just think they will be returned.

While Abhisit is part of the problem and not the solution, by refusing to discuss any way forward, Suthep is just further and further isolating himself from a resolution to Thailand's problems and from reality.

Think before you write. Right now Abhisit is busy talking with many people about his plan on how EVERYONE can move forward. So far so good. FYI I don't think that Abhisit has ever refused to discuss a way forward. He has declined to talk when the only topic allowed was exactly which date in the next 45 days the election would be. The PTP previously refused to talk about anything other than an asap election date. Suthep is sound more and more strident all the time. We will have to wait and see if Abhisit can get the PDRC (and PTP and UDD) on board or not.

Abhisit is part of the problem because of his participation in Suthep 'walks' and protest stage appearance, he also speaks on a daily basis on Sky Blue TV so he can hardly be considered an 'honest broker'. BTW if you read my post carefully you would understand that I was not criticising Abhisit for his efforts but pointing out that Suthep will listen to no one. So perhaps you should read carefully and think before YOU write.

Suthep and his rabid dog followers and their pathological, obsessive, preoccupation with the "Thaksins" will be the death of this country.

Abhisit is certainly a far better choice at this point to help moves things along. At least he is trying while Suthep opposes every single attempt to more forward and get out of this political quagmire.

Edited by oneday

After thinking about it:

With the proletariat having the collective attention span of a goldfish with Alzheimer's, the next election will be all about timing and whoever is the number one candidate for PT.

If YS goes in disgrace and Abhisit is being positively viewed then the situation will be ripe

Mainly it will depend who hand out more money and who can buy the village headmen.

I don't think another PT govt will be good for Thailand, but I still think they will be able to get the numbers out to win enough seats to win. I won't shed any tears if they don't, but just think they will be returned.

Without bias only on their record, they will be banned my gut feeling, as anyone guilty of wrongdoing should be.

Suthep and his rabid dog followers and their pathological, obsessive, preoccupation with the "Thaksins" will be the death of this country.

Abhisit is certainly a far better choice at this point to help moves things along. At least he is trying while Suthep opposes every single attempt to more forward and get out of this political quagmire.

While Abhisit was surely better than Yingluck he wasn't exactly a good PM when he had the chance.

Without bias only on their record, they will be banned my gut feeling, as anyone guilty of wrongdoing should be.

Fine by me.

• Like 1

This note is for Suthip.

You want democracy Right ?

Did you know that with democracy comes compromise That is the foundation of democracy.

You will not compromise So then what form of government do you want

Fascism ?

We had a democratically elected government who NEVER rued democratically. you want them re elected ???/ stupid to do that.

This note is for Suthip.

You want democracy Right ?

Did you know that with democracy comes compromise That is the foundation of democracy.

You will not compromise So then what form of government do you want

Fascism ?

You might want to forward that to PT and the red guard leadership.

• Like 1

If hating Thaksin means liking Suthep, I'm being persuaded to hate Thaksin a little less these days.

No it doesn't mean you must like Suthep.

There are hundreds of different groups and a huge amount of people that don't belong to any group that want to get rid of Thaksin. Suthep is just the leader who is holding them all together. Because if these groups would stand independent the government would just crash one after the other group.

As soon as Thailand get rid of Thaksin Suthep won't be important at all anymore and he promised to leave politics. Also the everyone of his reform government must leave politics for 5 years after the reforms.

And you believe him?

• Like 1

While Abhisit was surely better than Yingluck he wasn't exactly a good PM when he had the chance.

Not just siding for siding sake but under the coalition he headed he NEVER had the free hand PTP/Yingluck had, and two years to get the country back on track, and did ---then the crazy election that eventually put this regime in.

I would like to see him in a full term, and sure as eggs are eggs he would NEVER allow the same to happen as this lot, the said few will not agree with me as they all think as other than them are yellow.

Suthep has unfortunately lost the plot. Mark and Yinluck will go ahead without him. The Democrats will join the election process and Sutheps supporters will melt away,Suthep will be arrested,the reform process will go ahead after the election with no input from him. As for the murder trial,,Mark will be found not guilty as a little "thank you". Suthep will go down, he has served his purpose. PTP wins with reduced majority,no Shinawatra as PM but Thaksin still pulls some of the strings.............My predictions for the future..any takers?

• Like 2

Really, hope and wish, you succeed, Sutherp, with your quest.

You and the Thai people deserve it.

Ah lovely Costas. . . why do you blindly support a corrupt mad man yet have an obessive hatred for Yingluck whose only "crime" is having a brother convicted of corruption?

• Like 1