Getting from Phnom Penh to Udon Thani

Mightycabage

I've been looking for the best route to travel from Phnom Penh to Udon and I can't seem to find any flights of any nearby airports other than Vientiane.That wouldn't be the worst plan but the one way flight with Vietnam Airlines is something like $165+ and then tack on the Laos visa which I would only need to get from the airport to the border.

Is there some kind of transit visa available for just going from the airport to the border across Friendship Bridge?

I realize I can take a bus but I don't really have the time or patience right now.

I would pay the $200+ to make the trip but it just seems like there should be another way. Flying from Bangkok to most surrounding capital cities can usually be done for well under $100. Thanks in advance for any replies and suggestions.

Yeah I had that idea but for some reason kinda forgot it when I started exploring other options. I ended up getting a multi-trip flight with Bangkok Airways for around $200 because Air Asia only operates out of DMK now and the timings didn't work out anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app