She want's me to send her money!<deleted>!

BKK Blues Brother

Spending 100 pounds/5000 baht a day for the last two week's trip to her village.

She's run out of money.

She has another week left and she want's me to Western Union her more.

Im fuming!

I've been looking after our kids in the U.K on less than £100 Per week!

I've decided to wait 3 day's then send her £50.

What do you think?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That you are crazy if you send her more money. Seems she is paying for the whole family. But if i recall there was someone sick.. maybe the money is going towards a hospital ?

hospitals/doctors are free here, bet she is having a ball spending it while her children have to live tightly so she can do it. She need a good wake up call, no way in hell would I be sending her money to blow on big noting herself.
  • Like 1

That you are crazy if you send her more money. Seems she is paying for the whole family. But if i recall there was someone sick.. maybe the money is going towards a hospital ?

hospitals/doctors are free here, bet she is having a ball spending it while her children have to live tightly so she can do it. She need a good wake up call, no way in hell would I be sending her money to blow on big noting herself.

Not everything is free, i live here too I know.

Anyway I do agree with the wake up call she is probably spending it all on her family.

• Like 1

She is largeng it ie showing off to all and sundry,this is crazy,1000 b a day is more than enough in the village,so i would calculate that amount in pounds i think and send her that,and explain that is for the remainder of her stay,no more will be forthcoming,,but then again she will in all probability blow the lot,so a hard one, but i would give her a bloody good talking too when she gets home.

• Like 1

Relationships all so often go sour on money issues.

OP, you seem to be well on the road.

Send money, and keep fuming, and arguing wife vs. dont send money and deal with an upset and angry wife once home.

Whatever you do at this point, you lose.

• Like 1

OP what have you learnt from my recollections

you were telling us that your wife was wealthier and 10 years older, cant remember why but what does that mean now

you were telling us that MIL or FIL was dying, but many Thais always panic and exaggerate the likelihood of rapid demise, hence my numerous trips to hospitals in the middle of the night in my early years here. Now I roll over and mumble I'll go in the morning

5K a day is easy enough to spend, it does not surprise me at all, you are the only one that knows your wife, if she is a gambler that would be bad, if she is just paying for all the costs of relatives gathering and going backwards and forwards to the hospital could you tell us, you seem like you are ignoring the reason why she is there. From her point of view she would be displaying generosity and possible expecting it back at some future time which you might share in if you are still with her which looks a bit less likely each time you post

to the poster who suggested " a bloody good talking too was needed when she gets home" are you married, for real, mate that would be so much water off a duck's back

Thinking about your last comment have to admit i am married and you are probably right,but i think i could not help myself .

• Like 1

Why do you need western union, can't you just put it in her UK bank acount or on the credit card?

I would be really angry at her if it were my wife spending like that in the village. She's a real saver so it would be odd if she did. A thousand dollars should and does last at least 3 or 4 weeks as spending money in a village.

They often find it hard to say no to family wanting something, especially if you aren't there to step in.

• Like 1

I am sorry for your troubles and I have no advice. Call it a temporary setback. However, one should be careful about what one posts or what Topics one starts as sometimes you will wish you hadn't as in "My Thai wife is ten years older and wealthier, am i the odd one out on here?"

Also in that same topic the OP stated that his wife was 'the main earner' and that she was 'wealthier' than him. This would indicate that the OP also considers himself 'wealthy' . So she has spent 5000 THB/day for 2 weeks = 70,000 baht supposedly to look after sick parent(s). .

Not a significant sum for two wealthy people.

• Like 2

What do I think? Honestly don`t have a clue.

If the OP has children with this woman, then we do not know the circumstances involved. In order to answer the OP`s questions, then we need to be given details of the full facts.

How and where did the OP meet this woman? Do both the OP and his partner/EX? Both live in Thailand? Are the couple divorced or separated? Or were they not officially married in the first place? Who has custody of the children? Who do the children stay with for most of the time? How much money does the OP give the mother of his children annually?

If the OP is reluctant to answer the above questions, then the answer is; how would we know as the OP knows the situation better than we do.

• Like 1

Your wife has to ask (beg) you for money?

I thought that marriage was an equal partnership.

Then, as the groom places the ring on the bride's finger, he says the following:

With this Ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship, and
with all my worldly goods I thee endow
: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

• Like 2

I've known more than a few ladies in SEA over the years and have sent money to some.

I've no regrets for any funds I sent and feel fine. Since I've maintained contact, I generally doubt they were recipients of multiple funding scenarios. One of the ladies is finishing a three year course of cooking and plans to graduate as a chef next year. She has plans to go to the land down under and work as a chef with her husband. I've seen her school and the results of her cooking.

All ladies asking for funds are not scammers IMHO. Some are and some are definitely not.

Never risk more than you're willing to lose.

Edited by watcharacters
  • Like 2

I couldn't sleep, the telephone call yesterday wound me up.

She has been treated like a walking ATM since she's been back there.

All her family have job's, but now her money has ran out they have nothing to lend.

Yes she's been paying out for some medical bill's and there's been some gambling.

It just wind's me up that she carn't make £1500 last a few week's. That's why she left her card's in the U.K because she know's she is rubbish with money.

She's going to get a reality check in the next week re adjusting to Thai style.

For the record she work's full time in the U.K, but as all women what's mine is her's and what's her's is her's.

Meanwhile I'll be the best father to our children in the world!

Venting of spleen over.

• Like 2

What do I think? Honestly don`t have a clue.

If the OP has children with this woman, then we do not know the circumstances involved. In order to answer the OP`s questions, then we need to be given details of the full facts.

How and where did the OP meet this woman? Do both the OP and his partner/EX? Both live in Thailand? Are the couple divorced or separated? Or were they not officially married in the first place? Who has custody of the children? Who do the children stay with for most of the time? How much money does the OP give the mother of his children annually?

If the OP is reluctant to answer the above questions, then the answer is; how would we know as the OP knows the situation better than we do.

Beetle,

Where the OP met the lady in question is not your business. I'd advise the OP to refrain from answering your purely prurient question.

Edited by watcharacters
  • Like 1

Spending 100 pounds/5000 baht a day for the last two week's trip to her village.

She's run out of money.

She has another week left and she want's me to Western Union her more.

Im fuming!

I've been looking after our kids in the U.K on less than £100 Per week!

I've decided to wait 3 day's then send her £50.

What do you think?

Send her the money. There no price tag on love