Mobi’s - The New Bar on Lake Mabprachan

Mobis

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night things were not looking at all good when, at around 10 pm, out of the blue, a dozen or more customers suddenly descended and took over the bar.

It was the management, staff and friends from the next bar along, (in the Pong Direction), namely 'Serenity'.

For some reason, Serenity had closed early and Mobi's were the lucky beneficiaries of a right royal piss-up.

Loads of very loud, dancing music (no hip hop) was requested by our somewhat inebriated clientèle, and any tracks that I didn't have were soon conjured up from You-Tube.

The party went on into the small hours and was a very welcome turn around in our business.

So many thanks to Danny and all the folk from Serenity.... one day I hope to return the favour.

For obvious reasons they couldn't have the drunken bacchanal at their own bar; and if you return the favor, it's a wash business wise? So maybe if you keep having alternate parties at each other's bars you'll keep each yourselves in business.

Why are you always so God-damn cynical and turn a genuine 'good turn' into something to be derided?

I simply related an unexpected event - they were celebrating something special, the subject of which is no business of mine to publicise - and I have no no doubt was a 'one-off' and it was a very nice gesture by Danny, the GM

As for returning the favour - well maybe I will do one day, when I can afford it, but by no stretch of the imagination was what occurred last night 'a tit for tat' party that is going to make us both go broke.

You have already made it absolutely clear that you have no intention of ever visiting my bar so why don't you butt out and keep your nasty, mean-spirited thoughts to yourself????

It has been clear for a long time that OMGIminpattaya is a soured character. He continually snipes for no reason. I wonder if he has ever been happy. He never appears happy now. He is a member I'd the 1st Battalion Internet Regiment. A veritable keyboard warrior.

Keep it up OMG. You are TVF's benchmark, the difference between sad and happy, sour and sweet, angry and satisfied. And therefore a waste of time and space

• Like 2

It has been clear for a long time that OMGIminpattaya is a soured character. He continually snipes for no reason. I wonder if he has ever been happy. He never appears happy now. He is a member I'd the 1st Battalion Internet Regiment. A veritable keyboard warrior.

Keep it up OMG. You are TVF's benchmark, the difference between sad and happy, sour and sweet, angry and satisfied. And therefore a waste of time and space

Whenever I respond to one of his troll-ish posts – as he knows full well that I must do to protect my business - in his own mind he has won.

He has succeeded in provoking me to the point where I am forced into defending what I have written.

It’s the same mentality as a kid who sticks pins into insects to see how they will react, and not far from the despicable behaviour of internet bullies who torment people causing nervous breakdowns and even suicide.

I completely understand what he is about and none of it is healthy. I strongly suspect that he is a social pariah who can only find solace in the lady boys of Pattaya, with whom he has admitted he has a strong affinity.

My guess he could benefit from therapy sessions but I doubt this will ever happen as long as remains disconnected from his American roots and plays out his Gollum-like existence in a sin city thousands of miles from where he was born and bred.

It can only get worse.

I actually feel sorry for him….

I went into your bar last night. I was really surprised at how close the bar next to you is. Before you mentioned you had a problem with someone next door and I thought you were talking about a bar maybe 25-50 feet away. It is literally right there. Just a railing separating the two bars. There were actually girls hugging across the divider between the two.

The food and the service was fine and the bill was pretty cheap compared to what I am used to. Wasn't very crowded, but it was about 8 pm on a Monday so wouldn't expect it to be. I wish you the best of luck.

BTW I didn't come up and say hi because I just wanted to have a quick drink and a bite and be anonymous.

My suggestion is let's not get too personal and let's just allow readers to form their own opinions based on the relevant poster's posts. If he/she oversteps the mark then moderators can deal with it.

You are quite correct Peter, but sometimes when we are severely provoked, we act before we think ....

Anyway, I felt it had to be said and that was the last time I will respond to posters who are out to rubbish this thread and my business.

In future I will ignore such nonsense and let 'things take care of them selves'.

Of course I will continue to answer and respond to genuine, well meant comments, criticisms etc.

I went into your bar last night. I was really surprised at how close the bar next to you is. Before you mentioned you had a problem with someone next door and I thought you were talking about a bar maybe 25-50 feet away. It is literally right there. Just a railing separating the two bars. There were actually girls hugging across the divider between the two.

The food and the service was fine and the bill was pretty cheap compared to what I am used to. Wasn't very crowded, but it was about 8 pm on a Monday so wouldn't expect it to be. I wish you the best of luck.

BTW I didn't come up and say hi because I just wanted to have a quick drink and a bite and be anonymous.

Thank you for your 'positive' report.

I'm racking my brains to think who you were - I think I know, but not 100% sure.

Sometimes I come over and say hello to customers, but not always, as I know from my own bar-hopping days that I don't always welcome strangers impugning on on my solitary drinking sessions. Girls - maybe, but bar owners - no...

I try to catch their eye first, but if you are the one I think, you were a bit too far away to do that.

I do hope you'll come again.

Surprisingly, last night was one of my best days for business for a while and it even exceeded the informal party of the night before. People just kept coming and going all evening and the till kept crunching up the numbers....

Long may it continue.

And to answer the question in the 'missing post', we will not be doing a quiz as there is already one in operation and I really don't think the Darkside can maintain two quiz nights, quite apart from the fact that I don't know anyone who can run one.

I am however considering joining one of the Darkside pool leagues - if I can find any regular players....

Volunteers??

I'm racking my brains to think who you were - I think I know, but not 100% sure.

Sometimes I come over and say hello to customers, but not always, as I know from my own bar-hopping days that I don't always welcome strangers impugning on on my solitary drinking sessions. Girls - maybe, but bar owners - no...

I try to catch their eye first, but if you are the one I think, you were a bit too far away to do that.

Surprisingly, last night was one of my best days for business for a while and it even exceeded the informal party of the night before. People just kept coming and going all evening and the till kept crunching up the numbers....

Long may it continue.

And to answer the question in the 'missing post', we will not be doing a quiz as there is already one in operation and I really don't think the Darkside can maintain two quiz nights, quite apart from the fact that I don't know anyone who can run one.

I am however considering joining one of the Darkside pool leagues - if I can find any regular players....

Volunteers??

Just nip down to Soi 7 on pool league night. Bar fine a couple of ladies from any bar in that area. They NEVER get beat, so that would be your captain and #2.

• Like 1

Mobi. Could you use insulated plasterboard to sound proof that wall.. even slightly ...they sell it here in Thailand. Gyproc thermaline I think it's called about 900b a sheet ..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not too sure how long since you've been at the bar, but I did build a "wall' out of plasterboard and polystyrene and it actually works quite well as long as you are behind it or parallel to it.

Unfortunately, I was only allowed to build to about a third of the way out, so the sound from the adjacent bar still wafts across the un-partitioned open area.

I have to say that since I augmented my sound system with two speakers at the front end of the bar ,plus the sub-woofer, the problem is nowhere near as bad as it use to be and for 90% of the time you cannot hear the sound from the next bar at all, unless you are sitting right next to the adjoining area.

Occasionally, when they crank up their sound a bit, it still encroaches on our own music, but this is not very often and if I just tweak my own volume a little, it more or less takes care of it....

I think I have done just about all I can do for now.

Long may it continue.

Volunteers??

Just nip down to Soi 7 on pool league night. Bar fine a couple of ladies from any bar in that area. They NEVER get beat, so that would be your captain and #2.

Not too sure that would be within the spirit of a local league, to say nothing of the hassle and expense of importing 'professionals' from Soi 7...

Interestingly there is a restriction of only one Thai male per team, but no restrictions on female Thais....

Anyway, your suggestion is appreciated.biggrin.png

Mobi is a legend around the lake, t's nigh time some here started to show him the respect that he has earnt and deserves.

Slight exaggeration there, methinks, but thanks anyway....smile.png

post-25991-0-07189700-1405430860_thumb.p

Mobi’s has vacancies for two female bar staff, aged 18 or over.

· Salary 5K per month plus room and full board. (food). Salary paid on 1st of new month, (unlike other bars), and staff can advance salary earned if necessary.

· Ladies drinks 50 Baht per drink. Paid daily.

· Share of tips equally amongst working staff for each day (excluding cashier). Paid daily.

· Share of bar fines. Paid daily.

We are all one happy ‘family’ and Mobi’s looks after its ladies. We will pay for local medical problems and will advance money for emergency home trips home etc.

No lady is compelled to go out with a customer, and customers who try to mistreat the girls at the bar are ‘shown the door’.

If you know of any lady looking to work and live on the Darkside, please send me a PM

Thanks.

Edited by Mobi

attachicon.gifmobi's logo.png

· Salary 5K per month plus room and full board. (food). Salary paid on 1st of new month, (unlike other bars), and staff can advance salary earned if necessary.

· Share of tips equally amongst working staff for each day (excluding cashier). Paid daily.

We are all one happy ‘family’ and Mobi’s looks after its ladies. We will pay for local medical problems and will advance money for emergency home trips home etc.

No lady is compelled to go out with a customer, and customers who try to mistreat the girls at the bar are ‘shown the door’.

If you know of any lady looking to work and live on the Darkside, please send me a PM

Thanks.

After a post like this think you may well get more visits from BIB or even immigration. Drawing the wrong kind of attention to your business IMHO. But its your post.

Thanks.

'Shown the door'? Yea, right'o.

To Marstons .... The fact that girls who work in bars might have a date with customers who pay a "fine" for the time lost to the bar does not constitute an illegal act in itself and what might happen between them later is not the bar owner's business - nor any law enforcement until an actual proven and witnessed act is deemed an offense under Thai law. Police are not likely to get excited about anything Mobi indicates in his "ad" for new staff.

• Like 1

Following the successful ‘testing’ our latest snack food, Mobi’s are pleased to announce a new addition to our food menu.

Spring rolls - 80 Baht

So increasingly, there is little reason to interrupt your drinking pleasure at Mobi’s to go and find something to eat elsewhere. Our expanded menu now includes the following:

French Fries 35 B

Jumbo Hot Dogs 35 B

Chicken Nuggets 50 B

Spring Rolls 80 B

Chicken Curries and Rice (choice of 3 varieties) 120 B

Drink up and eat up and enjoy Mobi’s pleasant ambience with our charming team of girls while watching an eclectic mix of music videos that we try to tailor to our customer’s tastes; ranging from the present day and stretch as far back as the 1930’s.

Jumbo hot dog only THB 35.......worth a trip for fatties like me that like 2or3

To Marstons .... The fact that girls who work in bars might have a date with customers who pay a "fine" for the time lost to the bar does not constitute an illegal act in itself and what might happen between them later is not the bar owner's business - nor any law enforcement until an actual proven and witnessed act is deemed an offense under Thai law. Police are not likely to get excited about anything Mobi indicates in his "ad" for new staff.

I recall a few years back that the cops did have an issue with the word "barfine". At that time a lot of go-go's used to display the fines prominently, but stopped doing so. AFAIK they haven't returned, but that could also be because they are now outrageously high (not at Mobi's of course).

A personal attack on three members has been removed also the quoted replies. If you have a point to make or something to discuss then please note the following rule before you post:

7) Respect fellow members by posting in a civil manner: do not launch personal attacks, or be hateful or insulting towards other members, ie No flaming

Humor the guy. He was whining about being inappropriately touched by one of Mobi's demimondaines the last time he chimed in here.

Better stick to Starbucks (but not the one on Beach Road).

Edited by NanLaew

While I am very appreciative of those of you who have expressed concerns about the legality of Mobi’s, let me assure you that the bar is 100% legal and is no different to the thousands of other bars that operate in Pattaya and throughout Thailand.

The police have visited us on numerous occasions, (including one major ‘raid’ and even an ‘undercover’ farang) and they have found all our licences and paperwork to be in perfect order. They have checked the workers’ ID’s and even conducted drug testing and to date we haven’t paid one baht into the police coffers.

Mobi’s is owned by my wife, and all the paperwork is in her name and she is the boss and runs it, in conjunction with her aunt.

I am a ‘close’ and interested observer, and I write daily reports etc on Thai Visa to support her business, and when writing, I have used ‘we’ in the family sense, not the business sense. I do not perform any ‘work’ functions at the bar.

May I respectfully request that the subject of legality or otherwise of Mobi's is now closed.

• Like 2

Tales From a Barfly

Yesterday was one of those crazy days that can only happen in a bar in Thailand.

IAt around 6.30 p.m I received a call from Lek to inform me that my ex-wife, Dang, was there!!!. I asked her what she wanted, and she told me that she was just there to visit the bar and have a drink.

I hurried down to the bar and found her and 3 friends ensconced at one of the tables and they all greeted me like a long lost friend. The ‘ex’ congratulated me on my ‘lovely bar;’ and insisted on buying me a drink.

She went on to tell me that she was doing very well for herself . She had a rich German boyfriend who had already bought her a brand new CRV (which was parked outside Mobi’s) and a 4.5 million Baht house in one of the new villages off Siam CC road. On top of this, she was running a successful hair salon in one of the new shop houses near to her new home and her boyfriend had bought the whole 3 story building for her family to live in.

I tried to caution her to control her drinking and treat her new man a bit better than her old. She told me that he knew that she loved getting drunk and she wasn't about to modify her drinking habits for anyone! If he didn't like it, he could F..of!! I quickly dropped the subject.

As the evening drew on, more of her old friends arrived and greeted me with much wai-ing and hugging and the ‘ex’ proceeded to get very drunk.

While all this was going on, Mobi’s other tables were rapidly filling up with customers – some old some new. An old friend turned up alone and ordered a drink at the bar, whereupon my ‘ex’ recognised him gave a loud shriek and rushed over and hugged him, and insisting that he go and sit at her table.

Then two more ‘regular’ customers arrived and occupied another table. It transpired that my ‘ex’ recognised one of these latest arrivals and told me she had been in his house!!! He didn't recognise her, but when she described his wife and daughter, he accepted that she must indeed have been in his house. Quite what she was doing there was not explained…

More customers arrived, and the ex’s table, (minus my other ‘lone’ friend, who ran away after one beer), became ever louder and ever more boisterous.

Then four young Thai ladies (unconnected to the 'ex') arrived by car and took over the remaining empty table.

This was fine until one of these newly arrived ladies approached me at the bar and asked me if I recognised her. It turned out that she was Nid, one of my ‘old flames’ from my drinking days. She kept putting her arms round me and cuddling me and she asked me if I had ever managed to get rid of that drunken woman that I used to be married to?

I said ‘yes....’, but that right now she was sitting at the noisy table at the rear of the bar…..

Nid then hugged and kissed me again, and as I tried to extricate myself from her clutches, I told her that I had since re-married and that my new wife was sitting behind the bar watching us closely…

In fact both wives - old and new – were watching us with great interest.

I finally managed to get away from her but half an hour later she grabbed me again and insisted that I escort her and her friends back to her car.

By this time my ‘ex’ was well and truly in her cups and was shrieking almost as loudly as the legendary shrieker from the bar next door.

Then, lo and behold, yet another one of my old drinking friends turned up with another friend, and predictably, my ‘ex’ rushed over and did her best to lift him off the ground as she greeted him with a drunken bear hug.

By this time she was so drunk that I feared the worst. I recalled the countless occasions when her drunken ‘merriment’ would turn into a drunken ‘melees’; when she would pick a fight with anyone and everyone and which often led to destruction of property and even physical assault.

So I sat with my newly arrived friends, wondering if and when the trouble would start and if she would pay the bill which had been growing in leaps and bounds during the course of the evening.

I needn't have worried. At about 11 pm. The ‘ex’ shouted across the bar to wish me a farewell and I turned to Lek who confirmed that the bill had been paid. Phew….

The ex’s table included one Englishman, (who had come with one of the ex’s friends), and as I bid them goodnight, I saw that the poor guy was obviously totally perplexed by all the ex’s drunken antics. He told me he had no idea where he was and had no idea where he was going….rather him than me….

A lovely little post scrip to the above story is that during chats with my ‘ex’, she told me that Singha John, (you know, the one who was banned before the bar opened), had been to see her - to complain about being banned!!!

I mean, you really can’t make it up. A drunken idiot goes to complain to the divorced wife of the man with whom he has had a problem. He knows full well that I have since re-married and he even had a fight with my new wife, Lek, a few weeks ago.

Is his alcoholism in such an advanced state that he had forgotten I had divorced and re-married?

The ‘ex’ thought it was hilarious….

So did I.

WOW! What a scream!

Tales From a Barfly

Yesterday was one of those crazy days that can only happen in a bar in Thailand.

IAt around 6.30 p.m I received a call from Lek to inform me that my ex-wife, Dang, was there!!!. I asked her what she wanted, and she told me that she was just there to visit the bar and have a drink.

I hurried down to the bar and found her and 3 friends ensconced at one of the tables and they all greeted me like a long lost friend. The ‘ex’ congratulated me on my ‘lovely bar;’ and insisted on buying me a drink.

She went on to tell me that she was doing very well for herself . She had a rich German boyfriend who had already bought her a brand new CRV (which was parked outside Mobi’s) and a 4.5 million Baht house in one of the new villages off Siam CC road. On top of this, she was running a successful hair salon in one of the new shop houses near to her new home and her boyfriend had bought the whole 3 story building for her family to live in.

I tried to caution her to control her drinking and treat her new man a bit better than her old. She told me that he knew that she loved getting drunk and she wasn't about to modify her drinking habits for anyone! If he didn't like it, he could F..of!! I quickly dropped the subject.

As the evening drew on, more of her old friends arrived and greeted me with much wai-ing and hugging and the ‘ex’ proceeded to get very drunk.

While all this was going on, Mobi’s other tables were rapidly filling up with customers – some old some new. An old friend turned up alone and ordered a drink at the bar, whereupon my ‘ex’ recognised him gave a loud shriek and rushed over and hugged him, and insisting that he go and sit at her table.

Then two more ‘regular’ customers arrived and occupied another table. It transpired that my ‘ex’ recognised one of these latest arrivals and told me she had been in his house!!! He didn't recognise her, but when she described his wife and daughter, he accepted that she must indeed have been in his house. Quite what she was doing there was not explained…

More customers arrived, and the ex’s table, (minus my other ‘lone’ friend, who ran away after one beer), became ever louder and ever more boisterous.

Then four young Thai ladies (unconnected to the 'ex') arrived by car and took over the remaining empty table.

This was fine until one of these newly arrived ladies approached me at the bar and asked me if I recognised her. It turned out that she was Nid, one of my ‘old flames’ from my drinking days. She kept putting her arms round me and cuddling me and she asked me if I had ever managed to get rid of that drunken woman that I used to be married to?

I said ‘yes....’, but that right now she was sitting at the noisy table at the rear of the bar…..

Nid then hugged and kissed me again, and as I tried to extricate myself from her clutches, I told her that I had since re-married and that my new wife was sitting behind the bar watching us closely…

In fact both wives - old and new – were watching us with great interest.

I finally managed to get away from her but half an hour later she grabbed me again and insisted that I escort her and her friends back to her car.

By this time my ‘ex’ was well and truly in her cups and was shrieking almost as loudly as the legendary shrieker from the bar next door.

Then, lo and behold, yet another one of my old drinking friends turned up with another friend, and predictably, my ‘ex’ rushed over and did her best to lift him off the ground as she greeted him with a drunken bear hug.

By this time she was so drunk that I feared the worst. I recalled the countless occasions when her drunken ‘merriment’ would turn into a drunken ‘melees’; when she would pick a fight with anyone and everyone and which often led to destruction of property and even physical assault.

So I sat with my newly arrived friends, wondering if and when the trouble would start and if she would pay the bill which had been growing in leaps and bounds during the course of the evening.

I needn't have worried. At about 11 pm. The ‘ex’ shouted across the bar to wish me a farewell and I turned to Lek who confirmed that the bill had been paid. Phew….

The ex’s table included one Englishman, (who had come with one of the ex’s friends), and as I bid them goodnight, I saw that the poor guy was obviously totally perplexed by all the ex’s drunken antics. He told me he had no idea where he was and had no idea where he was going….rather him than me….

A lovely little post scrip to the above story is that during chats with my ‘ex’, she told me that Singha John, (you know, the one who was banned before the bar opened), had been to see her - to complain about being banned!!!

I mean, you really can’t make it up. A drunken idiot goes to complain to the divorced wife of the man with whom he has had a problem. He knows full well that I have since re-married and he even had a fight with my new wife, Lek, a few weeks ago.

Is his alcoholism in such an advanced state that he had forgotten I had divorced and re-married?

The ‘ex’ thought it was hilarious….

So did I.

Lucky you weren't compromised in an even more physical means. Could have been nudity, adultery, or many other things ending in y, had it continued!