expired IDP driving licence

Due to an oversight, I just realised that my one year International Driving Permit expired 2 weeks ago. I do have my valid South African driving licence. Can anyone advise me on the procedure for applying for a Thai driving licence and whether I should disclose my expired IDP?

Surprised no one has given you this link... it should help....

I would take your South African license with you as well as IDL .... read here for other details of what you need to do... wink.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/588910-what-do-i-need-to-apply-for-thai-drivers-licence-on-koh-samui/?p=5725755&hl=driving+licence

Will I not be questioned about expired IDP? Edited by pennine

Will I not be questioned about expired IDP?

Just take it & see what happens. No one here can give you that answer, it is up to the LDT officer. sometimes your South African licence is enough.

Will I not be questioned about expired IDP?

Just take it & see what happens. No one here can give you that answer, it is up to the LDT officer. sometimes your South African licence is enough.

As Rooo says ^

Somewhere written here, in this local forum, you'll find that an expired Thai License, is better replaced after it expires, than before, so I don't think it will be an issue.... just head over to Lipa Noi (near Raja ferry terminal. Turn left just a bit after Nikki Beach Resort....) and ask....wink.png