Online banking problem

My UK online banking won't recognise me and their phone service is hopeless, I want to avoid any more 20 minute call waiting answerphone nonsense. Is there another way cost effective way to get my money into thailand? I have accounts in UK and Thailand and (family) third parties in the UK but the UK banks don't usually let 3rd parties help in any way. I have an XE account but haven't verified any bank accounts with them. Can I use xe without having a current online banking facility? (moreover one suspected by my UK bank of fraud?

Any advice welcome.

You may be able to ask your bank to accept faxes.

I have this option with my Singapore bank. I can fax them instructions to send money via SWIFT. To be able to do this I had to complete a fax indemnity form, i.e giving the bank permission to accept fax instructions.

Some banks will accept scanned copies sent to your relationship manager on transactions also.

Of course there are usually checks and balances in place so that not just anyone could fax or email instructions.

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

Transfer from uk bank to bangkokbank LONDON, they then pass it through to your bangkok bank account in Thailand.

Internal transfer in uk so no fees etc, 20 pounds plus max 500 baht from bangkok bank. Transfer sterling convert bangkok for better exchange rate.

Transfer from uk bank to bangkokbank LONDON, they then pass it through to your bangkok bank account in Thailand.

Internal transfer in uk so no fees etc, 20 pounds plus max 500 baht from bangkok bank. Transfer sterling convert bangkok for better exchange rate.

A good suggestion, but no good if the OP cannot access online banking.

There is also an option of paying 15 Pounds and taking their rate of the day (not too bad) - may be a useful option for smaller amounts.

You cannot contact you bank via email ?

I would start looking for a new bank if I could only deal with them by phone

I can never understand how people can come to a foreign country and not make sure that they can continue to do business back home before they get here.

Boggles the mind all the problems people have due to Piss Poor Planning

I can never understand how people can come to a foreign country and not make sure that they can continue to do business back home before they get here.

HSBC, for example, will not normally accept instructions by email and only online communications by their own secure mail which requires the account holder to log on. One exception is if one has a Premier account and one is communicating directly with one's Relationship Manager, but don't know if this facility has changed since I last used it which is some time ago.

Edited by SheungWan

HSBC, for example, will not normally accept instructions by email and only online communications by their own secure mail which requires the account holder to log on. One exception is if one has a Premier account and one is communicating directly with one's Relationship Manager, but don't know if this facility has changed since I last used it which is some time ago.

Lloyds UK do not have email accounts apart from one general query one - if you can find it in their help section. Branches and managers have no email (for communicating with customers) according to the manager of the branch my account is based at.

Lloyds International offshore on the other hand have a secure email facility and relationship managers you can talk to by email.

I do agree LM with your second point however.